Giordano to have hearing after injuring Koivu.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Time to put that D E P T H to the test.

Can't say I'm all too surprised by that. Two pretty avoidable situations with both Backlund and Giordano. It's why I despise playing the Wild - even when we win, we lose.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
giphy.gif

Reactions: Cyrano

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
NHL trying to slow down Gio so Morgan Reilly can win the Norris.

*sort of serious*
No need for the NHL to do that. Unless either Morgan Reilly or John Carlson fall off a cliff it will be a two horse race for the Norris. Their greatest attributes?? They play in the East. They play for Toronto and Washington. Sports writers, the majority of whom reside in the East, vote for the Norris winner.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
No need for the NHL to do that. Unless either Morgan Reilly or John Carlson fall off a cliff it will be a two horse race for the Norris. Their greatest attributes?? They play in the East. They play for Toronto and Washington. Sports writers, the majority of whom reside in the East, vote for the Norris winner.

I would typically agree but I have to say Brent Burns and Doughty say hello.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Seems dumping Witherspoon and trading kulak for scraps may not look like the smartest decision. Prout as a regular scares me.

Only because Stone, Valimaki and Gio all out simultaneously. If anything this gives a glimpse into why many of us wanted to keep Stone as depth vs trading prematurely.

I think the Kulak deal you still do. Tspoon wouldn't really help more than Prout right now IMO.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
So what do you think?

Hanifin - Brodie
Kylington - Hamonic
Prout - Andersson

for tomorrow night's game??

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
So what do you think?

Hanifin - Brodie
Kylington - Hamonic
Prout - Andersson

for tomorrow night's game??

Hanifin-Hamonic
Brodie-Andersson
Kylington-Prout

Play that 3rd pair for less than 5 minutes, and we will be fine

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Hanifin-Hamonic
Brodie-Andersson
Kylington-Prout

Play that 3rd pair for less than 5 minutes, and we will be fine
I like this better than my lineup. :thumbu:
However, can Prout play RD? He sure as hell can't play LD very well so I would worry about having him on the right side.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
The Deep State within the league can't stand to have a team not gifted 1st overall draft picks or a money making market for the league winning games. Should've been two minutes for tripping... and nothing for Dumba?? Sad!

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I f***ing hate the Minnesota Wild. f*** Bruce Boudreau. f*** Matt Dumbass. f*** that diving POS Jason Zucker. f*** Ryan two hand Suter. f*** Eric Staal and go f*** yourself Minnesota. You'll never be anything but filler.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I thought the Dumba hit was fine. Gio is suspended because Koivu is hurt. Unfortunately when it comes to knee on knee hits or headshots the suspension usually stems from the injury and not the severity of the actual hit.

This is probably the worst result possible but it’s far from being outlandish or unheard of and if it happened to any other team in the league none of us would have a problem with it

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Can someone clarify the checking rule for me?

Are you allowed to bend your legs and drive upwards using your legs when innitiating the hit and said driving motion results in your skates leaving the ice (in the Backlund hit it was 4 or 5 inches)? That's exactly what happened in the Backlund hit.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Can someone clarify the checking rule for me?

Are you allowed to bend your legs and drive upwards using your legs when innitiating the hit and said driving motion results in your skates leaving the ice (in the Backlund hit it was 4 or 5 inches)? That's exactly what happened in the Backlund hit.
Yes. Leaving the ice as a result of a hit is allowed. Leaving the ice prior to making a hit is severely illegal.

Players often go upwards after landing a hit because of how legs work. In order to make a hit, you need to thrust your body into it. In order to do that, you need to use your legs. In order to maintain balance, a good portion of that thrust from your legs is going to be upwards, not just forwards.

However, if a player is launching upwards and, for example, stretches their shoulder up specifically to hit the head on a hit where they easily could have gone through the body, that would be illegal. The problem in Backlund's case was that there wasn't really a reasonable way for Dumba to make the hit without hitting the head.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I ****ing hate the Minnesota Wild. **** Bruce Boudreau. **** Matt Dumbass. **** that diving POS Jason Zucker. **** Ryan two hand Suter. **** Eric Staal and go **** yourself Minnesota. You'll never be anything but filler.

Just based on how they play the game, I hate them the most.

Like the Oilers and Nucks are my most hated teams, but watching games against the Wild just make me cringe. My wrists hurt just sitting on the couch. The Ducks are also an extremely unlikeable team the way they play the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad