Giordano to have hearing after injuring Koivu.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
It's not the first time Gio has done this which I think may factor in to a possible multi-game suspension - Aho + Fowler.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Lucic only got fined when he had a hearing correct? Usually a hearing leads to a suspension. Hoping the case here is just a fine.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
It's not the first time Gio has done this which I think may factor in to a possible multi-game suspension - Aho + Fowler.

He hasn't been suspended before and has a plausible defense. It wasn't an out and out knee-on-knee. I think fine or 1 game is most likely outcome. We will see though!

Khrox

May 31, 2018
A fine and a warning (basically saying "This isn't the first time you've had something similar, do it again and you're suspended"). It might depend on if they expect Koivu to play tonight (which is stupid, but it seems to be a thing with the league).

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I dont think those count since there were no suspensions
He hasn't been suspended before and has a plausible defense. It wasn't an out and out knee-on-knee. I think fine or 1 game is most likely outcome. We will see though!
Gio did receive a match penalty for the Aho hit. And both Aho and Fowler missed time afterwards with injuries that resulted from the hits. I don't think it's the out of the realm of possibility if they decided to throw the book at him

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015

The Aho his was not a knee-on-knee hit, and it was shoulder to upper chest/chin. If people want to argue the Dumba his is clean, then Gio's hit on Aho is clean. Gio destroying Aho is cleaner than Dumba on Backlund, Dumba got all head on his hit.

Gio gets him with the knee, but that isn't kneeing at all. Gio tripping up Koivu is "kneeing" (I put it in quotes because I don't think it is a knee, he trips him). Gio leads with the shoulder and Aho puts himself in essentially the worst position you can and gets blown up.

Reactions: Gettin Iggy With It

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Gio did receive a match penalty for the Aho hit. And both Aho and Fowler missed time afterwards with injuries that resulted from the hits. I don't think it's the out of the realm of possibility if they decided to throw the book at him

If they decided at those times that they were not suspendable offences, they can't go back and treat them as suspendable now.

Also, I don't think anyone other than maybe a few Canes and Oilers fans thought the Aho hit was even a penalty. The refs pretty clearly got that one wrong.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
If they decided at those times that they were not suspendable offences, they can't go back and treat them as suspendable now.

Also, I don't think anyone other than maybe a few Canes and Oilers fans thought the Aho hit was even a penalty. The refs pretty clearly got that one wrong.

Neither ref called a penalty initially, they only gave Gio the match penalty after the fact because Aho was so broken.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Yeah, but that was the refs on ice in the game that handed that out. I would suggest wrongly. The league DPS took no action, so I don't think they can really use it as an argument here.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
The one on Koivu doesn’t look great if you break it down frame by frame. At game speed looks like a trip, which is what they called. Tough call, depends how bad Koivu’s injury is too. Missing Gio for any stretch of time is no bueno

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Captain Mark Kneeordano!!! I mean Falcon.

Is it possible it was reactionary? o_O

tenor.gif

Seriously though, I hope Koivu heals quickly. Injuries are never a good thing.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome

The Aho his was not a knee-on-knee hit, and it was shoulder to upper chest/chin. If people want to argue the Dumba his is clean, then Gio's hit on Aho is clean. Gio destroying Aho is cleaner than Dumba on Backlund, Dumba got all head on his hit.

Gio gets him with the knee, but that isn't kneeing at all. Gio tripping up Koivu is "kneeing" (I put it in quotes because I don't think it is a knee, he trips him). Gio leads with the shoulder and Aho puts himself in essentially the worst position you can and gets blown up.

My thoughts exactly.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Captain Mark Kneeordano!!! I mean Falcon.

Is it possible it was reactionary? o_O

tenor.gif

Seriously though, I hope Koivu heals quickly. Injuries are never a good thing.

This should be our avatars for playoffs... and every round we win... the team’s logo we beat flies off like the guy in the gif

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
chris-pratt-reaction-gif.gif

Comparing someone to Gene Principe?

giphy.gif

The savagery.
How TF is it savage?
Ten times out of ten I'd rather have Gene Principe in my home over 'Negative Nancy' Eric Francis, for example. Also, it's quite telling of a human beings character that a person would make fun or cast a shadow against someone who just wants to make you smile. So, please, make more fun at someone else's expense. Tell me more about your character.

Reactions: ujju2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->