Proposal: Giordano to Dallas

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
I can't believe that Miro Heiskanen got autocorrected to another Dallas Stars player's last name...what are the chances...

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Not in a millon years. Our 6’4 prospect that neared 20 goals in his rookie year and our captain for that return. Not a chance. Don’t think it matters anyway, Can’t imagine gio is for sale.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Ignoring the trade, if Dallas trades there first this year it's for a forward. For once Dallas has a solid blue line ( young one also ) but they need forwards

Reactions: Kcb12345

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
What the hell is this?

Call me freakin’ crazy, but I’m not trading Gio unless you’re giving Seguin in return. Absolutely no reason for us to give away our best defenseman. It makes us a worse team.

People are blowing way out of proportion that we need a first round pick.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
There's nothing in this deal that would make me want to trade Jankowski. Giordano is far more untouchable. Honestly it would take adding Heiskanen to make me even consider trading our captain nevermind retaining on him too.

The pieces in would take to get this package are pieces the Stars would have no interest in trading.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Nah. I do have one counteroffer though:
Giordano for Seguin straight up.

What the hell is this?

Call me freakin’ crazy, but I’m not trading Gio unless you’re giving Seguin in return. Absolutely no reason for us to give away our best defenseman.

Not sure why the OP made this proposal anyways, but we need Seguin way more than we need Giordano. Not sure why all of these threads try and throw dmen af Dallas when our depth scoring is the issue

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
That’s okay, we need to add Lazar and Jankowski to sweeten the deal a bit. Should probably retain 15% of Gio too to ensure Dallas accepts it.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I can't imagine Calgary will trade Giordano.

He's amazing but he's getting old so he's probably worth more to us than anyone else. Guys a physical beast though. I think he'll be solid until 37.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
CGY- 2018 first round pick, 2018 4th round pick, 2019 2nd round pick, Janmark

DAL- Giordano (15% retained), Lazar, Jankowski

Giordano has been the most important player Calgary has for years now, even with Gaudreau is scoring at peak pace. Every player who is partnered with him plays far better, he is still a #1 defenseman, and he's the best leader the Flames have. I can't imagine they entertain trading Giordano at all, let alone for futures and with retention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad