Value of: Giordano to a win-now (non-rebuild) team

longchange

Feb 18, 2012
I'd give up a pretty ridiculous amount from Dallas.

Honka + Nuke + 1st, and probably another prospect.

Giordano - Klingberg
Hamhuis - Johns
Lindell - Oduya
Nemeth

As great as that is, I don't see it happening. No reason for Calgary to trade him, and the price would be too rich for Nill to cough up.

Gio for Fleury and McGinn.

Giordano-Faulk
Hanifin-Slavin
Hainsey-Pesce

I guess they have to fix the other holes first though.

Those are pretty solid, especially the first one. I'd say yes to the first and have to think about the second one.

whats the asking price, young top 4 dman with upside + pick + propect? maybe only 2 of those pieces if theyre quality pieces?

Habs can start the bidding off with Beaulieu + 1st + prospect + cap dump.

What about something something around Juulsen + Scherbak + dump?

kevrondl

Dec 29, 2008
Oshawa, ON
This is pretty much the type of deal it would have to be, and I don't think either side, or at least, either fan-base, touches this deal.

longchange

Feb 18, 2012
This is pretty much the type of deal it would have to be, and I don't think either side, or at least, either fan-base, touches this deal.

The Dallas deal? I think there are a few deals being mentioned here that fan-bases would touch.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Disagree entirely. Weber is better than Gio at most things. An argument can be made about Gio being better defensively than Subban though sure.

That comment is gonna cause some grief, but that's hardly new with you I suppose.

Weber was better than Giordano four years ago. Weber is now worse at most things, except at shooting the puck and hitting people.

Calgary Trades:
Mark Giordano

Calgary Receives:
Mark Giordano

I didn't think it'd happen, but I found a trade I support.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I'd trade Giordano 1-for-1 if we could pull back someone like Ristolainen, OEL or Lindholm.

Padlock

Mar 8, 2009
I would trade Gio for a lot less than most Flames fans would. That contract will be an anchor for years

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Eberle + Nurse + 2017 1st + Fayne (cap reasons) for Gio + Frolik

I am not sure why fans post this type of trades . I am a fan of both teams and the Oilers and Flames are not making a major trade . The back lash from the fans would be crazy especially if it drastically improve the other team .

From a Oilers side . Gio would be nice but he a LHD and Edmonton has oodles of them . Also Eberle is Edmonton only decent RW player he not available do to the weakest on the right side

Dead Thing Fan

Jan 25, 2016
Gio

Any one who trades for Gio might want to make sure the Flames send T.J. Brodie along with him in the deal because he the guy who make Gio look so good. I rank the Flickers dmen as following: Brodie, Hamilton and then Gio. Extremely overrated and vastly overpaid with 6 more yrs. of diminishing skill yet to come. STAY AWAY-STAY VERY FAR AWAY!!!!!

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Any one who trades for Gio might want to make sure the Flames send T.J. Brodie along with him in the deal because he the guy who make Gio look so good. I rank the Flickers dmen as following: Brodie, Hamilton and then Gio. Extremely overrated and vastly overpaid with 6 more yrs. of diminishing skill yet to come. STAY AWAY-STAY VERY FAR AWAY!!!!!

lol

I would accept that Dallas trade.

If Philly were willing to bundle schenn and provorov, I'd add something to gio.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Schenn
Frolik-Bennett-Bouma
Tkachuk-Bennett-Brouwer

Brodie-Hamilton
Wideman-Jokkypaka
Engelland-Provorov

:popcorn:

Other than that though I'd rather just keep him. Our Defense gets pretty weak if you take him out

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I love Gio but until he puts up a full 82 game season(last year was not) he's a step below Weber and Subban. Not a knock on him though, still top 10 - 15. When he's healthy, he is more dominant than Brodie, Hartley just played Brodie's style of play so he looked like a god out there. If we move to a more possession based system, Gio will take back his #1 spot this year.

No one will give us what we want so pointless to trade.

He's our captain and I fully expect him to push for 60 points next year. He doesn't have as much wear as the majority of guys his age and he still dominates the fitness tests.

I think he will be elite for 4 more years and then will slide in very nicely as a 2nd pairing guy with still an elite shot that maybe has lost a step. He will still put up 40-50 points at 38.

Oleg Petrov

Jun 15, 2008
Montreal needs a 1st pairing LHD to play with Weber, Giordano would fit that bill.

MTL needs to shed salary to make it work and doesn't have a plethora of blue chip prospects as of now.

Would CGY entertain:

Pacioretty & Desharnais = $ 8 million

for

Giordano & Bennett =roughly $7.75 million excluding perf bonuses

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Montreal needs a 1st pairing LHD to play with Weber, Giordano would fit that bill.

MTL needs to shed salary to make it work and doesn't have a plethora of blue chip prospects as of now.

Would CGY entertain:

for

Haha no

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I'd trade Giordano 1-for-1 if we could pull back someone like Ristolainen, OEL or Lindholm.

I wouldn't do Gio for Lindholm, but the other two would be pretty much the only kind of deals that would make trading Giordano an option for me. Maybe Klingberg though I'm skeptical of his ability to improve his D-zone play.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton

Would CGY entertain:

for

Not even close. I probably wouldn't do Pacioretty and Desharnais for just gio.

Hector Salamanca

Jul 20, 2013
Qc
Oel vs gio... Man cmon. Imo he is the best all around dman not name drew. I cannot think a single thing gio is better at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad