Gilman comments on cap structure

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I'm not saying "roasted" by the fans. I'm saying an actual, honest to goodness rally outside the arena with the specific goal of trying to get him fired.

NNvteho.jpg

Again, I must have missed the Fire Benning rally.

Hahaha Gold.

Insert Benning picture on shirts and signs and that's MS Y2K and Arttk.

Vervictus wouldn't even make it because he'd be too pessimistic it would even make a difference.

I'm pretty sure those guys have ripped me off on tickets prior to Goalie Gate.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Hahaha Gold.

Insert Benning picture on shirts and signs and that's MS Y2K and Arttk.

Vervictus wouldn't even make it because he'd be too pessimistic it would even make a difference.

Or they aren't childish enough to throw a public tantrum.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Or they aren't childish enough to throw a public tantrum.
You mean back up words with action?

I think it's hilarious and it worked....when the mob calls for someone's head people listen. People march on legislative buildings all the time and it has a big impact.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

I think it's hilarious and it worked....when the mob calls for someone's head people listen. People march on legislative buildings all the time and it has a big impact.

Ummm.. I am pretty sure at this rate he will get fired soon enough. I think it's silly to do a protest outside because of hockey. I think there are bigger issues in life worth protesting for and hockey isn't one of it.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015

Mob rule isn't necessarily a good thing.

Also, Lyndon Johnson tried to govern by opinion polls. It didn't work.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

There's like three guys in that picture, and looking at the team now they're a bunch of idiots. This is hardly Edmonton where you'd have frequent chants and fans taking out billboard advertisements.

Besides the real reason for Gillis firing was likely an escalating break down in his working relationship with Aquilini, not because a section of fans got one feeble chant going.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
There's like three guys in that picture, and looking at the team now they're a bunch of idiots. This is hardly Edmonton where you'd have frequent chants and fans taking out billboard advertisements.

Besides the real reason for Gillis firing was likely an escalating break down in his working relationship with Aquilini, not because a section of fans got one feeble chant going.

From what I remember, something like 20 fans showed up specifically for that.

The whole point of posting that picture was a) to show whatever moderator that deleted my previous comment about mobility scooters that I again was actually referencing something in the real world and b) that Gillis faced a hell of a lot more vitriol than Benning has.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
From what I remember, something like 20 fans showed up specifically for that.

The whole point of posting that picture was a) to show whatever moderator that deleted my previous comment about mobility scooters that I again was actually referencing something in the real world and b) that Gillis faced a hell of a lot more vitriol than Benning has.

The really really sad thing to me is that most of that vitriol was fueled by our rivals shouting loudly and for long enough to the point that eventually about half our fanbase started believing it.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

god bless those brave souls, greatest heroes in american history

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
You should watch the games.

I would suggest if you watched tonight's game that my point about Dorsett was 100% spot on.

Stepped in after Burrows was smacked and defended Markstrom from getting pitch forked.

Don't let facts get in the way of hatred.

Nov 1, 2011
So where was he when McCann got mugged against Anaheim?

Just because the cops don't catch everyone doesn't mean we shouldn't have cops.

Not that I completely disagree with your point, just the arguement you are trying to make.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
What is Dorsett going to do?

Fight Getzlaf? Doubt it.

Getzlaf fights once or twice a year and he is not very good at it. He is a bigger version of the dirty type of player that doesn't answer for his actions.

He wouldn't want any part of Dorsett.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I would suggest if you watched tonight's game that my point about Dorsett was 100% spot on.

Stepped in after Burrows was smacked and defended Markstrom from getting pitch forked.

Don't let facts get in the way of hatred.

Did you miss the Ducks game, or the Kings game or most of the games played in the West where we see Prust and Dorsett bounced around like they are nothing?

He provided so much protection for our kids that we ended up having Virtanen and McCann having to fight their own battles.
Remember McCann sticking up against Getzlaf because our "mentors" did ****?

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
^^^^ this exactly the type of biased hatred comments that make your opinions lack validity.

Like seriously WTF guys.

DD is an excellent teammate and 4th liner. He might be overpaid but saying he's (2.65 overpaid) is essentially calling him useless.

And Arttk I think the cop analogy should have been enough to point it out to you. But... the fact that you think they can be everywhere all the time shows how in left field your argument is.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
^^^^ this exactly the type of biased hatred comments that make your opinions lack validity.

Like seriously WTF guys.

DD is an excellent teammate and 4th liner. He might be overpaid but saying he's (2.65 overpaid) is essentially calling him useless....stupid comment

And Arttk I think the cop analogy should have been enough to point it out to you. But... the fact that you think they can be everywhere all the time shows how in left field your argument is.

Maybe you should watch the games more closely. The presence of Dorsett and Prust has done nothing in terms of protection for our kids or for anyone really. They have a couple of stage fights but when was the last time we actually ever seen them go at a guy that has done something to either McCann or Virtanen or Hutton? The last time we have seen any of them done anything is when Prust sent out a tweet.

He "might be" overpaid? He IS overpaid, there is no might be. Look at his production this season, his usage and his history, everything points to the fact he is overpaid. A 4th liner played like a 3rd liner putting up 4th line points. Selling this to the fans as "mentorship" is like treating all of us like idiots. Sorry, but not all of us are idiots and buy that kind of crap.

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009
DD is an excellent teammate and 4th liner. He might be overpaid but saying he's (2.65 overpaid) is essentially calling him useless.

He "might be" overpaid? He IS overpaid, there is no might be. Look at his production this season, his usage and his history, everything points to the fact he is overpaid. A 4th liner played like a 3rd liner putting up 4th line points. Selling this to the fans as "mentorship" is like treating all of us like idiots. Sorry, but not all of us are idiots and buy that kind of crap.

As a player, I think Derek Dorsett is useful. Hes an NHL caliber talent (although only in a 4th line capacity), is willing to drop the gloves often, and I do think he seems like a good teammate. I have no issues with him on my 4th line, in a vacuum.

However, signing a 30 year old career 4th liner to a 4 year 2.65 million dollar contract is inexcusable. Justifying the signing by saying things like "culture carrier" and "mentor" etc is disrespectful to the fans. Do they think people are dumb?

Instead of signing a 30 year old 4th liner to a 4 year deal, a rebuilding team should be trying to groom guys like Kenins/Grenier/Gaunce to become effective bottom-6 role players. These guys have way higher upside over the next 4 years, and cost a fraction of the price.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Interesting arguing with people that criticize our management then can't even get simple facts straight.

I already provided examples pertaining to Dorsett. 2 of which were yesterday......you're really not building a lot of credibility at this point it's just........" I Hate Lamp"

Dorsett was 28 when his contract started...not 30! Ho Borvat.

Yet again another example of lacking factual information while complaining about the fine details of your GM.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
I'm not saying "roasted" by the fans. I'm saying an actual, honest to goodness rally outside the arena with the specific goal of trying to get him fired.

NNvteho.jpg

Again, I must have missed the Fire Benning rally.
2 guys who are too fat to walk around on their own and another guy who's getting there.

I'd say their GM choice mirrors their life choices.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad