Gila River Arena to close 4 seating sections for 2017/2018

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
I never report seat thieves and at times have actually been asked if I mind if they sit next to me.
No, I don't mind.
If the club docent mind, I don't.
I won't give seat thieves the warning though about not putting their beer on the ledge next to the glass ha
I am an unquestioned STH who the ticket person knows I'll renew, I spend over 25% of my retirement on the Coyotes and have brought close to 30 new fans to the arena this year..
YET, Ive been stopped 4 or 5 times because my season ticket didn't work and had to wait for a supervisor to correct it, then after switching to the tickets, got stopped at the door 2 times because it was some problem with a re-print....
Then, I was with a lady at the back of gate 7, just leaning against the railing and talking....when a security guard came out and said to go away because we were bothering the players that came in to park
YET on the Arizona Coyotes web site you see pictures everyday of people actually walking down into that lot to get their pictures taken with the players...in their cars.
Yeah, I don't mind seat thieves coming on down.
I pay full price, like I would pay full price if I walked in ANY store.
I don't mind that they don't.
But, I wish the club would "throw a bone" from time to time to the paying customers.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
But, I wish the club would "throw a bone" from time to time to the paying customers.

One thing that made it easier when I had to give up my season tickets this year was the fact that over the past few years the distinction of being a lower-bowl season ticket holder was evaporating.

Last season, I didn't feel any different from the one-game nosebleed ticket buyer. And maybe I shouldn't, if we're being objective about it, but given how much money I dropped to be a STH I felt like I should have some perqs to recognize my investment, like we did before the bankruptcy. When a team is run on the cheap, though, the only recognition you get is when your check clears.

The thing about this ownership group I dislike the most - more than the laundry list of reasons I've spelled out before - is that I don't feel valued as a fan. I feel like a double-A battery. Even more so now with the latest media spin doctoring from the team about the West Side, but even before that I felt exploited. The best franchises - the ones that earn and keep fan loyalty - avoid making their fans feel that way at all costs. I own a share of stock in the Green Bay Packers. I attend the Indianapolis 500 each year. And both of those things happened because the Packers and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway went out of their way to make me feel important - not just begging me to buy tickets, but making me feel important for having done so and making sure I get a return on my investment.

The Coyotes don't do that, at least not in my recent experience. And as a consumer, that makes it less likely that I purchase their product.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
The Coyotes should market their team and price tickets very aggressively. I'm talking about season ticket packages for $800 per season. $10 fan sections near the ice if you show a college ID. Make the arena environment lively and grow some fans. That, could with a half-decent product is what NEEDS to happen to build a fanbase and make the team sustainable long-term

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Coyotes should market their team and price tickets very aggressively. I'm talking about season ticket packages for $800 per season. $10 fan sections near the ice if you show a college ID. Make the arena environment lively and grow some fans. That, could with a half-decent product is what NEEDS to happen to build a fanbase and make the team sustainable long-term

So sell out the stadium all season for $12 million dollars?

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
So sell out the stadium all season for $12 million dollars?

Sorry for not clarifying. Season tickets in the nosebleeds (maybe the tapped section!) Basically a standard price gradient for the arena, but the lowest prices would be as low as $800/season.

Then, have a section near the glass for college kids and $10 seats. Really try to ramp up enthusiasm for the team.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I always found the fact that someone frequently bought the ticket next to me "on sale" for less than the STH price far more offensive than someone who moved down. I mean, it's not the fan's fault, but it doesn't make me warm and fuzzy or exceptionally wise at some point.
Add to that the facts that the team is in the midst of incompetanking, I would rather burn one hundred dollar bills in my living room than give these feminine hygeine products in ownership a fiver, and a growing certainty that they are leaving as a result of their mountain of missteps while still asking literally anyone and everyone for their money -- it was a pretty easy decision to not buy in, and I don't regret it.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Me too 7 years ago, and then I watched the Coyotes every night and realized I was spend almost $6000 per year for bad entertainment. It's a lot different when it's a full season vs taking in a game while on vacation.
Wow, as a Canadian, when I came to Glendale, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven to pay $70 a ticket for lower bowl seats!

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
The last straw for me was trying to recover some ticket money after Xmas for games I couldn't attend and the Team had ticket sales for less than my purchase price combined with having a minimum selling price I could offer on Ticket Exchange. Double whammy for me losing my money. Now I go to games that most aren't excited about and buy for the lowest price on Ticket Exchange. I get a call from my previous ticket rep after every game I attend and explain why he's wasting his time as why would I pay him more for the same product I can buy elsewhere cheaper??
I always found the fact that someone frequently bought the ticket next to me "on sale" for less than the STH price far more offensive than someone who moved down. I mean, it's not the fan's fault, but it doesn't make me warm and fuzzy or exceptionally wise at some point.
Add to that the facts that the team is in the midst of incompetanking, I would rather burn one hundred dollar bills in my living room than give these feminine hygeine products in ownership a fiver, and a growing certainty that they are leaving as a result of their mountain of missteps while still asking literally anyone and everyone for their money -- it was a pretty easy decision to not buy in, and I don't regret it.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Yeah, but did he try telling you that as a STH you are assured playoff tickets? That's my favourite. :biglaugh:

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona

Since AZ is a tough market they should lean more towards creative ticket packages. I did my own "creative plan" a season ago. I bought the 21 game pack and purposefully picked 3 or 4 games I knew would sell for 2x more than I paid. I sold those and it brought my ticket plan down to a pretty reasonable price, something like $12/game.

I imagine if they had a 35 game pack in the upper for $15/seat that excluded those hot games people would be interested. I would be. I never plan to go to an Arizona Blackhawks or Arizona Redwings game anyways.

The team wins because they can hold on to those 5 or so hot games and sell them for far more than $22/seat they would get from a full season ticket member. This season that same $22/seat for a STH was sold individually for $85/seat directly from the team.

To prevent STH from dumping their $26/seat tickets in row A-H on the ends these special ticket plans can be restricted to the top 5 rows on the upper bowl ends. The ones that are empty 95% of the games anyways.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

They have **** on us fans so much it looks like part of the plan. Drive down attendance to either justify the enormous subsidy or convince Gary they should move back to their home country. When I was a STH, they used to give us all kinds of cool gifts and extra tickets to help convert new fans by bringing them to a game. When I couldn't make it in time for any of the give-a-ways at the arena, I just had to call my rep and she would get them to me. Now what do they do for the STHs?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Nothing. I hope uncle Gary makes them sell before the relocation so I can still follow the team. I can't imagine they want them anywhere near a new market or on the BoG at this point. It'd be easy to force a sale. "No, we aren't going to permit you to move to Thunder Bay... No, not QC either. You don't have deep enough pockets to pay the relocation fee... What? No... No, Tony, we're not extending the LOC to you. In fact, we're considering calling it due."

Snarky Coyote

Sponsor
May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
we never have had anything as cools as the coyotes carnival with mystery boxes. I once won a crate of philosophy bath stuff, turns out my 7 year old found it and had a $500.00 bubble bath.

Season ticket entrance
Meet players after the game once a year
Once a year admission to the club
Season ticket holder gift.
Season tickets that were mailed and really cool to unbox with videos and prizes
winning
Guaranteed giveaway items
Refill cups.

We used to have all these things

now Crickets.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
we never have had anything as cools as the coyotes carnival with mystery boxes. I once won a crate of philosophy bath stuff, turns out my 7 year old found it and had a $500.00 bubble bath.

Season ticket entrance
Meet players after the game once a year
Once a year admission to the club
Season ticket holder gift.
Season tickets that were mailed and really cool to unbox with videos and prizes
winning
Guaranteed giveaway items
Refill cups.

We used to have all these things

now Crickets.
Damn all that used to come with being a STH and now it's all gone?!

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I also really enjoyed free parking and ability to trade tickets for different games so you could skip a game and them take friends to another game without cost. Could also buy extra tickets for STH price as well.
Damn all that used to come with being a STH and now it's all gone?!

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Buying extra tickets at STH prices lost its shine when you could suddenly get them cheaper anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad