Speculation: Giguere to retire

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Not surprised.

Hope he enjoys his retirement. Had a fantastic career.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I'm not sure we will ever know how much he meant to the young Avs team and its development, but what a great career and great guy.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Now that Giguere is retiring, i wonder if the 1st thing he does is go to Vegas :sarcasm:

Celery Man

Dec 4, 2013
Michigan
I'm not sure we will ever know how much he meant to the young Avs team and its development, but what a great career and great guy.

Completely agree. Class act. One of my favorite moments all year was when selanne and him did a final lap around the rink together. That was something really special. I wish him the best and hope that be enjoys retirement.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I'm glad he was able to spend a few years at the end here. He was a constant professional even though most of the time our team was awful. There is no doubt in my mind he helped at very least with the progression of Varlamov, and I'm sure he had an affect on the rest of the team as well. If this is the end it was a great career, and he should be proud of everything he accomplished, and I hope the Avs try to keep him around the team in some capacity.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Love Giggy and like some others have said, he may have been what started the turn around for the Avs.

I will be forever grateful.

Plus he had a hell of a career.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Congrats to Jiggy on a great career, and a great mentorship in Colorado. His vegas comments have become underrated in terms of what turned around this team. :handclap:

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
Giguere had a great career ! The best memories I have of him playing were back in 2003 in the Stanley cup finals against the Devils ! I watched that entire series as an 11 year old and I really enjoyed watching him.

member 116861

Congrats on a great career but to be honest with you, I never really liked the guy.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Inside Jiggy's chest beats the heart of a champion.

This picture from Game 7 SCF in 2003 gets me every time. Only 5 times has the Conn Smythe been awarded to a player from the losing team. It was well deserved by Jiggy.

image.jpg

I can't say how happy I am that I got to watch him play for my favorite team. Great goalie, better person.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Great career. That 2003 run was magical. I still have a few cards of him in Hartford. His Vegas rant might be the most important rant this organization has heard. Got the fatso's out of office and got rid of all the drunks.

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
Solid backup when he was here despite everyone that called him an auto-loss (which wasn't true). Good luck on retirement Giggy, will miss ya.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad