Giancarlo Stanton Trade Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When teams start saying that they're out, that usually means the winner is very close to being determined.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Stanton wants the Dodgers/Yankees more than they want Stanton. It will be an absolute fleecing of a deal similar to the Soriano for ARod trade.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil

A rebuilding team with tons of budget room (White Sox? Royals?) should get in on this and make it a 3-way trade. Take on a bad contract if you get a good prospect.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup

A rebuilding team with tons of budget room (White Sox? Royals?) should get in on this and make it a 3-way trade. Take on a bad contract if you get a good prospect.

Friedman/Zaidi seem to get pretty creative with three-way deals, too, so that makes a ton of sense. (See: Alex Wood trade, Todd Frazier trade, Kemp-Grandal trade).

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I really don't think the Astros need him. Sure it would create some headlines and sell a lot of jerseys but I don't think it would make sense for them.
True and it might be better off to use that money towards Altuve's next contact.

It's an impossible question to answer without discussing the financial component of it. If Houston took on the full contract - or close to it - my guess is they can probably get him without surrendering Tucker or Whitley.
Fair enough....local writer thinks Astros are out. Too much money.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Friedman/Zaidi seem to get pretty creative with three-way deals, too, so that makes a ton of sense. (See: Alex Wood trade, Todd Frazier trade, Kemp-Grandal trade).
Wouldn't surprise me if they landed Stanton and a 'minor' piece in the trade that ends up being an MVP or something.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY

02hu3fi.gif

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
The tweet last night on the previous page from a Miami reporter made it clear he would.

Cashman is a boss. It's not as if they truly NEED Stanton but this is a chance to get a superstar at probably 50 cents on the dollar and that's why they are going to do it. Watch it not include Torres, Frazier and Adams.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I'll admit I'm the biggest homer on these boards, but I expect Cashman to absolutely fleece the Marlins.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That would be legitimately terrifying if he goes to the Bronx.

That core + a potential Stanton addition + the potential addition of another mega-contract (hello Harper/Machado) if the Yankees decided to choose to go that way.

Evil empire? please, they just upgraded their old death star into starkiller base with that type of lineup.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
If the Yankees get Stanton they won't have money for Harper or Machado. Whatever money there's left it'll go towards pitching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad