Speculation: Getzlaf to Pittsburgh?

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
The only reason why Getzlaf “may” consider going to Pittsburg would have to be the Burke connection. Anaheim got its cup under Brian Burke. Burke made some big moves to get Perry and Getzlaf some help with the Pronger trade and bringing in Scotty Nieds. I’m not entirely sure how close they are. But that’s the only reason I think he would consider it. I dont see him going to Colorado at all.
A competitor at the highest level should always want to win. He won't win in Anaheim for probably the rest of his career.
Bob Murray: We're not trading Getzlaf unless he wants to go
Ryan Getzlaf: I don't want to leave Anaheim

The internet: HEY DOES RYAN GETZLAF WANT TO COME TO XYZ?
A bit defensive there. bud? If he wants another cup and help Anaheim going forward, he's going to be away for a couple of months then re-sign with the Ducks. What's so upsetting for you?

Reactions: tomd

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He ain't going to Pitt.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I think if Getzlaf is citing family reasons for only willing to go to a select few (or one) cities, across the country to Pittsburgh would be pretty low on his interest list.
Could be, just don't know how rship is with BB. We'll find out soon enough.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
A bit defensive there. bud? If he wants another cup and help Anaheim going forward, he's going to be away for a couple of months then re-sign with the Ducks. What's so upsetting for you?

it's not defensive or upsetting, it's just wild that when you have players on record saying their intentions these threads keep coming up. like no one's out here making McDavid trade threads.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Getz and Carter could have given depth D on other teams PTSD.

Hell even regulars that weren't 6'5 and great skaters could suffer existential dread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad