Proposal: Getzlaf to Boston

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
Favors the Ducks and all the Ducks fans shooting this down are doing from a point of stubbornness because DeBrusk is a solid young top 6 winger which is worth more than an over the hill center, who is approaching where Marleau, Thornton, Spezza have been the past couple years- solid players but if we are being honest are shells of the players they'll be remembered as

Ducks fans are shooting it down because they're tired of explaining over & over that Getz has said multiple times that he has zero interest in chasing The Cup elsewhere, he has a NMC, has married a local to So Cal woman & built a family there, & wants to retire as a single team Duck. The GM has said repeatedly that they aren't going to ask him to waive, that he'd have to come to them, etc, etc, etc...

In a vacuum, sure send the aging vet who could just resign with the team in the offseason off to the Bruins as a couple of months rental for a decent return. However we aren't working within a vacuum here.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Not sure if anaheim wants to move on from getzlaf or if he does but i think him going to a cup contender in the final year of his deal makes sense. The idea was pulled from the bruins board.

to boston
Getzlaf

to anaheim
Debrusk

Anaheim gets younger boston gets bigger and more playoff pedigree. I assume boston adds something else like a 2nd or 3rd or prospect equivalent but debrusk is the main piece. Hows this?
Hell no, not trading DeBrusk for an over the hill has been.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

Jon77

Feb 1, 2021
There are valid reasons for not wanting to trade for Getzlaf, but comparing him to Backes is laughable.
i just meant in dealing with a well aged veteran player. Nothing against Getzlaf at all (except his salary and age)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad