Proposal: Getzlaf to Boston

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Not sure if anaheim wants to move on from getzlaf or if he does but i think him going to a cup contender in the final year of his deal makes sense. The idea was pulled from the bruins board.

to boston
Getzlaf

to anaheim
Debrusk

Anaheim gets younger boston gets bigger and more playoff pedigree. I assume boston adds something else like a 2nd or 3rd or prospect equivalent but debrusk is the main piece. Hows this?

mail

Mar 2, 2021
Unrealistic. Just for the sake of this thread, it's a bit risky for the Bruins, but they pull the trigger I think.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
Getzlaf is in charge of his own destiny, and I have a feeling anaheim is gonna keep him around another season to mentor the kids and then he rides off into the sunset

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Not sure if anaheim wants to move on from getzlaf or if he does but i think him going to a cup contender in the final year of his deal makes sense. The idea was pulled from the bruins board.

to boston
Getzlaf

to anaheim
Debrusk

Anaheim gets younger boston gets bigger and more playoff pedigree. I assume boston adds something else like a 2nd or 3rd or prospect equivalent but debrusk is the main piece. Hows this?
Getzlaf has already stated numerous times that he wont waive his NMC and wants to retire a Duck he's already won a cup with Anaheim so winning another one isn't important to him. And giving up Debrusk for a rental is insane.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Is Getzlaf playing 2nd line RW now?
Not a need especially for one of our scoring wingers, even if Debrusk has struggled this season.

Reactions: Bruhin

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011

to boston
Getzlaf

to anaheim
Debrusk

Thinking a top prospect and a first round pick gets it done or it’s off to Alberta for Jake

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Bruins already have an 35 year old center that is on his last year of his contract

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
Selling low on DeBrusk in order to get older again. Bold strategy.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Bruins should hold off on moving DeBrusk right now and hope he rights the ship, he just is really struggling . You are better off waiting and hope his stock goes up unless someone blows you away and with all due respect Getzlaf at 36yrs old and a 7.5 mil a year with 4yrs this after this season just doesn't cut it........

Reactions: wintersej

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Bruins should hold off on moving DeBrusk right now and hope he rights the ship, he just is really struggling . You are better off waiting and hope his stock goes up unless someone blows you away and with all due respect Getzlaf at 36yrs old and a 7.5 mil a year with 4yrs this after this season just doesn't cut it........

Getzlaf is a UFA after this season, not signed for 4 more after this year.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

You got all of this information wrong, Getzlaf is 35 and is in the final year of a deal that pays an AAV of 8.25M

hermes20

Aug 6, 2010
Great a 35 year old centre. You know the bruins struggled with DAvid Backes due to age and changed game. I think its an easy pass by Boston.

There are valid reasons for not wanting to trade for Getzlaf, but comparing him to Backes is laughable.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Favors the Ducks and all the Ducks fans shooting this down are doing from a point of stubbornness because DeBrusk is a solid young top 6 winger which is worth more than an over the hill center, who is approaching where Marleau, Thornton, Spezza have been the past couple years- solid players but if we are being honest are shells of the players they'll be remembered as

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad