Getzlaf: 112 points in 112 playoff games

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
How would you describe it? Numbers posted above...

It's certainly not that Getzlaf was dragged all over the ice, even in the Chicago series where he actually outscored Toews in their time on the ice together. Though he may have been quieted in the latter games of that series, it's not as if his team wasn't also faltering around him. If you think that a single player that doesn't happen to be the goalie can literally drag a team through a dire situation, then I think you're buying into the media memes a little too much.

Last edited:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
It's certainly not that Getzlaf was dragged all over the ice, even in the Chicago series where he actually outscored Toews in their time on the ice together. Though he may have been quieted in the latter games of that series, it's not as if his team wasn't also faltering around him. If you think that a single player that doesn't happen to be the goalie can literally drag a team through a dire situation, then I think you're buying into the media memes a little too much.

Uh, that's impressive given that Getzlaf's entire line had a GF/60 of 0.00 in the 32.59 even strength minutes he was on the ice with Toews in the 2015 WCF. So not only did Getzlaf not score any 5v5 goals against Toews, he didn't assist on any either.

Toews line had a GF/60 of 3.46 on the ice against Getzlaf, with each of Toews, Kane and Saad getting 1 5v5 goal a piece (plus two 5v6 goals for Toews, but I can't remember if Getzlaf was on the ice protecting the lead for those or not so I won't consider them).

That entire series shifted when Quenneville was able to establish the Toews/Getzlaf matchup that Boudreau was desperately trying to prevent all series, and the damage dealt was quick and decisive.

This all according to puckalytics SuperWOWY tool, dates 17-May-2015 to 30-May-2015.

EDIT: Saad had 2 5v5 goals, my bad, forgot that he scored in game 7 as well.

Last edited:

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Uh, that's impressive given that Getzlaf's entire line had a GF/60 of 0.00 in the 32.59 even strength minutes he was on the ice with Toews in the 2015 WCF. So not only did Getzlaf not score any 5v5 goals against Toews, he didn't assist on any either.

Toews line had a GF/60 of 3.46 on the ice against Getzlaf, with each of Toews, Kane and Saad getting 1 5v5 goal a piece (plus two 5v6 goals for Toews, but I can't remember if Getzlaf was on the ice protecting the lead for those or not so I won't consider them).

That entire series shifted when Quenneville was able to establish the Toews/Getzlaf matchup that Boudreau was desperately trying to prevent all series, and the damage dealt was quick and decisive.

This all according to puckalytics SuperWOWY tool, dates 17-May-2015 to 30-May-2015.

I'm probably not correctly remembering that particular facet then so thanks for the correction.

I still hold my general stance though, but good catch.

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
114 in 113

Great vision on the OTW to thread it through Draisaitls tripod right on the tape for Perry. Vintage finish too.

Last edited:

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA

EDIT: Saad had 2 5v5 goals, my bad, forgot that he scored in game 7 as well.

we get it, Toews is good at hockey.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Tied with one Philadelphia Kessel for 32nd all time playoff Pts/GP (albeit half the GP for Kessel).

he moved ahead of phil last night... 1.000 to 1.009 ppg.... he wont ever catch Crosby or malkin and eventually Matthews and McDavid are probably soon up there above him too soon... so Enjoy 3rd place on the active list.. its actually pretty impressive if you think about it

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Getzlaf looks like the best player in the world right now. Holy crap is this guy good when he decides to shoot first. Wow! Makes me wish Thornton was like this his whole career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad