Get Well Soon and Hurry Back Alan Ryan - Surgery successful Post 70

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Wow! I'm overwhelmed and grateful for all your support.

Good news. I got home 3 hours ago and the surgery was a success. They kept me in the hospital for 30 hours and kicked me out. They used a new laser technique which allows healing much quicker than the standard electric zapper for reaming out the prostate. I had very minimal pain and don't need any pain medication now. I'm walking normally and feeling good. I even did a washing and hung it on the line when I got home.

I'll be 72 on Monday and hopefully will be peeing like a 30 year old again. :laugh:

My goal was to be back on line for the Rangers game. I beat it by 3 days. See you in the GDT and look forward to all your knowledgeable hockey talk this season and celebration of another Stanley Cup in June. :nod:

Many thanks to all of you.

Alan

That is wonderful news!

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

Good news. I got home 3 hours ago and the surgery was a success. They kept me in the hospital for 30 hours and kicked me out. They used a new laser technique which allows healing much quicker than the standard electric zapper for reaming out the prostate. I had very minimal pain and don't need any pain medication now. I'm walking normally and feeling good. I even did a washing and hung it on the line when I got home.

I'll be 72 on Monday and hopefully will be peeing like a 30 year old again. :laugh:

My goal was to be back on line for the Rangers game. I beat it by 3 days. See you in the GDT and look forward to all your knowledgeable hockey talk this season and celebration of another Stanley Cup in June. :nod:

Alan

:handclap: :handclap:

Welcome back buddy!

Hope you were treated well by the nurses :naughty:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Alan

Very, very Bruins like... Well done my friend... I think you should take the openinig face off for us in the Rangers GDT.... :laugh:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Alan

Excellent news ! Happy all went well.

mattbnh

Apr 26, 2004
New Hampster
Is there a Masterton Trophy for NHL Board contributors?

Alan, glad to see you are on your way to an epic comeback.

GO Bruins! GO Alan!

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
:handclap: :handclap:

Welcome back buddy!

Hope you were treated well by the nurses :naughty:

Ha. I woke up at midnight having problems with the catheter. I rang for help and looked up to see a beautiful young Aussie nurse who began to "help" down there for about 10 minutes. :amazed:

In my groggy state I thought "Well, I survived the operation and have now died and gone to heaven." :naughty:

Then reality hit me--this scenario was supposed to happen to me when I was 27-not 72! :cry:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
[/B]

Ha. I woke up at midnight having problems with the catheter. I rang for help and looked up to see a beautiful young Aussie nurse who began to "help" down there for about 10 minutes. :amazed:

In my groggy state I thought "Well, I survived the operation and have now died and gone to heaven." :naughty:

Then reality hit me--this scenario was supposed to happen to me when I was 27-not 72! :cry:

Ahahaha. MY MAN! that is an absolute classic story!

HooperDrivesTheBoat

2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!
May 29, 2007
LINY
[/B]

:laugh::handclap:

great story

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
[/B]

:laugh: Alan, you just made my night. :laugh:

Nightslyr

Mar 26, 2002
NH
Sorry I missed this thread before the good news, but am very happy it was good news. So YAY on a successful surgery!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad