GDT: Get Up on the Get Back or: Sweet Sweetblack (and Golds) Badass Song [Pens v. Isles, @7:30 EST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
We both know BART is never going to be broken up.

Hell they'll probably hand ZAR a dingdong contract just to keep it together.
Probably not wrong. And I don't hate the 4th line, I just think it's absolutely asinine to keep them together while forcing someone like Zucker into the vacancy on Geno's wing. Especially a badly hobbled Geno.

Hell, go with McCann-Kap as the winger duo. I say that as someone who doesn't like that pair together at all because of how similar they are. That line would probably be dreadful defensively but at least they'd have speed and potential to score on the wings. I say that knowing all too well McCann's been a complete no-show in a playoff atmosphere.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
7Pm ET starting time, right?

If by that you mean 7:19ish then sure.

Probably not wrong. And I don't hate the 4th line, I just think it's absolutely asinine to keep them together while forcing someone like Zucker into the vacancy on Geno's wing. Especially a badly hobbled Geno.

Hell, go with McCann-Kap as the winger duo. I say that as someone who doesn't like that pair together at all because of how similar they are. That line would probably be dreadful defensively but at least they'd have speed and potential to score on the wings. I say that knowing all too well McCann's been a complete no-show in a playoff atmosphere.

I think McCann has largely been fine, defensively. I'd be more than fine with that line.

I don't hate the 4th line, exactly but it doesn't look like they are ever going to score a goal again.

Reactions: BillPrep

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
tumblr_p5jhtt1Tdv1tebpzgo1_500.gifv
Kick them in the face again!

3xpk.gif

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019

I think McCann has largely been fine, defensively. I'd be more than fine with that line.

I don't hate the 4th line, exactly but it doesn't look like they are ever going to score a goal again.
I don't know. I think McCann and Kap are way too similar to be paired up ideally, and I think Kap's a better offensive guy. One of the two is going to have to focus more on the defensive stuff with Geno being injured, and I'm not sure that really suits either of their games and think it probably hampers their offensive potential too much to be worth it.

But if the alternative is E-Rod or Zucker, f*** it. Hope the McCann-Geno-Kap line can out-chance and outscore the opponents, because they're gonna be bleeding chances against imo.

RSPens

May 25, 2015

The only issue is that everyone keeps talking about how good McCann and Carter are together. However, I don't think Zucker was too bad with Carter and I am pretty sure McCann can play with Geno. I think it is a good move to try for a spark.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I don't know. I think McCann and Kap are way too similar to be paired up ideally, and I think Kap's a better offensive guy. One of the two is going to have to focus more on the defensive stuff with Geno being injured, and I'm not sure that really suits either of their games and think it probably hampers their offensive potential too much to be worth it.

But if the alternative is E-Rod or Zucker, f*** it. Hope the McCann-Geno-Kap line can out-chance and outscore the opponents, because they're gonna be bleeding chances against imo.

I mean to be fair like 90% of the forward roster are way too similar to each other.

The only issue is that everyone keeps talking about how good McCann and Carter are together. However, I don't think Zucker was too bad with Carter and I am pretty sure McCann can play with Geno. I think it is a good move to try for a spark.

For sure. Too bad they won't.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I mean to be fair like 90% of the forward roster are way too similar to each other.

Been screaming for months to land someone like Hyman, Coleman, Bennett or Miles Wood this summer. Rounding out Geno+Kap's line for one, maybe two more runs at the Cup goes a long way toward turning this team from a mediocre 1st/2nd round exit year after year to maybe actually doing some real damage.

That's assuming they can sort Geno's knee out this summer. I know I'm excited to see how a serious knee injury affects the 35 year old who misses 20+ games a season! Especially when we hand him another 3-year, $24 million deal in a calendar year. :laugh:

RSPens

May 25, 2015

I don't know how anyone could or would complain if you had an entire roster of 200ft players. Sure the Pens are not at 100% but the majority of the wingers play both ways. Sure some are better defensively (Tanev, ZAR) but others are better offensively (Rust, McCann). Jake is about the only pure offensive winger the Pens have and ZAR is as close to being a pure defensive winger (even he has a bit of a scoring touch this year).

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Been screaming for months to land someone like Hyman, Coleman, Bennett or Miles Wood this summer. Rounding out Geno+Kap's line for one, maybe two more runs at the Cup goes a long way toward turning this team from a mediocre 1st/2nd round exit year after year to maybe actually doing some real damage.

That's assuming they can sort Geno's knee out this summer. I know I'm excited to see how a serious knee injury affects the 35 year old who misses 20+ games a season! Especially when we hand him another 3-year, $24 million deal in a calendar year. :laugh:

I'm not allowed to talk about that. It's mean or something.

I don't know how anyone could or would complain if you had an entire roster of 200ft players. Sure the Pens are not at 100% but the majority of the wingers play both ways. Sure some are better defensively (Tanev, ZAR) but others are better offensively (Rust, McCann). Jake is about the only pure offensive winger the Pens have and ZAR is as close to being a pure defensive winger (even he has a bit of a scoring touch this year).

I mean I complain about everything lol. But maybe it's just personal opinion. I would like a different mix up front starting next season. I think it's gotten stale and would like to see some guys brought in that could be a better fit. It would be nice to have a couple bangers with a bit of ability and my fantasyland wish list includes a top tier guy that can finally sort of replace the same element Kessel brought, ease the burden on an aging Sid/Geno and help on the powerplay.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I mean... We're all waiting for Jake, Rust and McCann to step up and live up to their expectations come playoff time. It's been years since Rust has done anything significant. McCann's never done anything significant in the playoffs. Jake didn't completely embarrass himself against the Habs with 1g, 2a in 4 games but, you're gonna need more from that guy. Sid and Geno aren't completely dead in the water but they're aging, declining guys who need more from their wingers since teams shadow them and refs swallow the whistles in the post season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia