OT: GET OUTTA OUR COUNTRY YOU DIRTY SWEDE! aka farewell shinny with Romang!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
So, our friend, our brother in arms, the one and only Romang will be deported make his way back to Maryland on the 2nd.

We were planning on playing some HF shinny while he was here. You know, before we realized it would be MINUS A MILLION.

Looks like our last best chance is New Years Day. It will be crisp (-15) but it doesn't look like it will be windy.

I know people will be various levels of hung over but any interest in getting together for a twirl? We can kick the crap out of him and pretend it's part of the game!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
It's on. We should really get those skates sharpened btw. Will things be open on New Years Day?

No. I have to remember to bring them with me to work tomorrow and get them done. No way you can skate on them in their current state.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Cant make it, apparently kids get in the way. Have fun, and all the best Romang as you head back to wonderful Maryland!

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I was hoping I'd be feeling better by today to go skating. Got sick over XMAS. It does not look promising. It's unlikely I'll make it out.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Should we push it back a bit and see if more people have woken up and are a-go-go in a couple of hours?

I have a family dinner... have to be back home by 3:30 at the latest. Looks like we're gonna cancel it if we don't go at 1pm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad