OT: The thread formerly known as Mousecop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Installations for my roommates new floor have been going on, so sleep has been deprived.

Might be going on a date with a girl from town tomorrow, if shes feeling better (currently has the flu). Hopefully it goes well.
Make / bring her soup instead. Postpone the date until she's closer to 100%.

So that's three former co-workers who have passed away in the last week. What the hell.

:(:speechles
major bummer, Chain.

Was blindsided a couple months ago too. Sister's BFF in BUF (I'm friends with the family too) lost their son to heroin OD.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

major bummer, Chain.

Was blindsided a couple months ago too. Sister's BFF in BUF (I'm friends with the family too) lost their son to heroin OD.

That is so much worse. At least these guys had had a chance to live some life, be in the world, touch lives. Youth being snuffed out early is ever so much sadder.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada

major bummer, Chain.

I lost my cousin to OD 3 years ago at 20 years old. I was 22 at the time, it was rough.

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
I just spent $540 for tickets to a game. I hope that's good enough Mr. Pegula.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Anyone here use a smart watch? specially the Apple Watch? Thoughts?

Eh, i used a Moto360 for a while back.

I mean....its an extension of your phone. Typically, I'd look at my wrist...then look at my phone. If you use a fitness tracker, I guess i could see the benefit.

Doing something Wednesday that I haven't done in... let me see... 25 years?

Yep, that's right, going out on a date with someone who is not my soon-to-be ex-wife.

I can't imagine going back into dating and I've "only" been off the market 7 years. After 25 years? Best of luck sir.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Doing something Wednesday that I haven't done in... let me see... 25 years?

Yep, that's right, going out on a date with someone who is not my soon-to-be ex-wife.

It was about half that for me.

But, I was way better at it that second time around.

Just have fun.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Eh, i used a Moto360 for a while back.

I mean....its an extension of your phone. Typically, I'd look at my wrist...then look at my phone. If you use a fitness tracker, I guess i could see the benefit.

I can't imagine going back into dating and I've "only" been off the market 7 years. After 25 years? Best of luck sir.

I wasn't planning on having to do this either, but c'est la vie. It is what it is.

It was about half that for me.

But, I was way better at it that second time around.

Just have fun.

It's a combo celebration - my last final is done that day and meeting in real life rather than just over the phone. :D

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
It's a combo celebration - my last final is done that day and meeting in real life rather than just over the phone. :D

That reminds me a bit of the lead up to the first date with my wife.

She still jokes about how we were texting just before I had a date with someone else. Her last text that night was "have a bad date". That date was a few days before our first date.

And the rest is history.

Reactions: Chainshot

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Not sure why it's funny.

No, 4 seats and no parking pass 29 rows up forgot section number.

Just an average Joe trying to enjoy a hockey game

Ok. Now that I know... that seems really really high to pay that for 4 tickets. Did you buy those at the box office or Stubhub? Or something else?

Considering I charge $78 for two seats (not per seat) dead center ice in the 300’s. What you paid seems quite high :dunno:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That reminds me a bit of the lead up to the first date with my wife.

She still jokes about how we were texting just before I had a date with someone else. Her last text that night was "have a bad date". That date was a few days before our first date.

And the rest is history.

That's awesome. The last date I had with someone other than my ex-wife, a friend of mine who has since become my ex-wife gave me advice on where to take that date. :biglaugh:

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I just spent $540 for tickets to a game. I hope that's good enough Mr. Pegula.
Holy mackerel. My seats are in row 16 in the corner and average $56 or so. I limit the games I go to personally--age, distance, driving at night--no snickering please. My brother in law has centre ice seats 14 rows up for the Leafs and the price is just exorbitant. I refuse to go because I feel obliged to pay and unless it is a Sabres Leafs final I am not sniffing anywhere near that. I hope you see a great game--there have been a few!

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
That's awesome. The last date I had with someone other than my ex-wife, a friend of mine who has since become my ex-wife gave me advice on where to take that date. :biglaugh:
I hear that "Baby it's cold outside" is a popular song to play with the ladies these days.

o_O

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I hear that "Baby it's cold outside" is a popular song to play with the ladies these days.

o_O

I like the conversation about how the cultural norms of the day fit into the lyrical content of that song.

Granted, it might be up there with the "Santa, Does This Stocking Smell Like Chloroform to You?" as holiday songs.

Whaaaaaaaaaa? This is what I get for not reading the OT thread in years.

Oh, that's right, you are privy to the social media facade. I'll be finally going public with the 50,000' view of it at some point. :biglaugh: I can PM you the details if you want. It's a lot of fun...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Did she say to take the vegan to Outback Steakhouse?

That's amazing. BTW, how did your vegan training month go? My kids just went beef free for November -- their choice -- and I am sick to death of chicken and poor as f*** to buy quality fish. Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad