Proposal: Get MN a top 6 C

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Cozens. Buffalo needs to compete now.

Dumba+Staal+Donato for Cozens+D prospect.

Cozens might not have the high-end upside, but Wild can win with a Cozens-JEE top-6 pairing if Fiala, Kap, Boldy, etc. are as dynamic as projected. Toss in Khovanov and Sturm, and we might have strength down the middle once.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Cozens. Buffalo needs to compete now.

Dumba+Staal+Donato for Cozens+D prospect.

Cozens might not have the high-end upside, but Wild can win with a Cozens-JEE top-6 pairing if Fiala, Kap, Boldy, etc. are as dynamic as projected. Toss in Khovanov and Sturm, and we might have strength down the middle once.
Cozens is a good play. I wonder what it would take

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I prefer to roll my own. Risky, but there is a chance to get a 1st line C in the draft. A #2C with limited upside is not something I lust after. It sure as hell would've been nice if Fenton had spent the money on a C rather than Zuccarello. I mean, it was kind of obvious that our top 2C's were(and are) old, and that the cupboard was near bare prospect wise. I guess he thought Victor Rask was the answer. The Donato/Cole trade also looks amazingly stupid, considering team needs.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Will it be that good of a pick??

Probably not great, but not nothing either, especially when packaged with the other two guys.

I prefer to roll my own. Risky, but there is a chance to get a 1st line C in the draft. A #2C with limited upside is not something I lust after. It sure as hell would've been nice if Fenton had spent the money on a C rather than Zuccarello. I mean, it was kind of obvious that our top 2C's were(and are) old, and that the cupboard was near bare prospect wise. I guess he thought Victor Rask was the answer. The Donato/Cole trade also looks amazingly stupid, considering team needs.

Who was the best center to hit UFA last summer? I'm honestly drawing a blank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BigT2002

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Pavel ski was the guy we went after. Looking at the season Nelson had, he would’ve been a perfect addition. One of those guys who had a sneaky good season

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

Duchene? Not great, but he did hit 42 points in 66 games. Not only that, but he has had multiple 20+ goal seasons. Jumbo Joe as well, but getting him out of San Jose may have been difficult and he's significantly declined.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
scratch that, looks like Duchene, Anders Lee, Tanev, Pavelski, Marcus Johansson, Dzingel, Filppula, Acciara, Carpenter and Colin Wilson round out the top 10 UFA C of 2019.

Anders Lee is a LW. Whole lotta nothing in the rest of that list. Pretty sure Duchene's mind was already set heading into the summer.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Anders Lee is a LW. Whole lotta nothing in the rest of that list. Pretty sure Duchene's mind was already set heading into the summer.
it has him listed at C. I just named them all off. the RFA list was much more enticing buy for obvious reasons I don't think we would of sniffed any of them such as konechy and others similar to him.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Dvorak is a top 6 C? he has never scored 40 points in the NHL, and is 24yo. Fasching? Wha?

Every option under an Eichel/Barkov pipe dream is going to be flawed in some way.

it has him listed at C. I just named them all off. the RFA list was much more enticing buy for obvious reasons I don't think we would of sniffed any of them such as konechy and others similar to him.

I'm not sure what list you're looking at, but Konecny is also a wing.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Dylan Strome. Otherwise when we win the lottery I would see what LA or Ottawa would offer on top of 2 or 3.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't think we're equipped at all to win an Eichel bidding war, they would likely seek some sort of high end center prospect or good young center to replace him

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Every option under an Eichel/Barkov pipe dream is going to be flawed in some way.

I'm not sure what list you're looking at, but Konecny is also a wing.
Half that list was wingers

Monahan is an enticing player who Calgary fans are willing to move. I’d pay for him as the 60 point player he’s been most of his career if that’s the price, but that 80 point season last year might bump the price up. Not sure we have what Calgary would want, either.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would go for Monahan. 60+ point C regularly. Reasonable contract. Not an elite #1 by any means, but better than anything we have. Wonder what it would take? Dumba+ Beckman + #25 oa? I am loathe to give up JEE. I think he might be a rock solid middle six C for us in years to come, and we need those as well as a #1C.

I think NJD could be tempted to part with Hischier. Would cost Brodin++, or Sanderson(if he is available at our spot) ++.

I would guess that Brodin and JEE might do it, but i am higher on JEE than most. I know his stats aren't impressive as of now. The flip side is that I don't think that Hischier is a #1C. I think he's a #2 in the mold of RNH. A tweener at best.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad