German Players in North America

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Good to hear, especially since he missed all pre-season games due to COVID related visa issues, I believe.
Yes, he just arrived a couple days ago. I don’t think he was expected to be in the lineup yet but the previous first-line right wing got a two-game suspension in the season opener so Proske filled in for him.

Reactions: Maverick41

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Do you know why Hafenrichter has only played one game? Is he injured?

Not really. What I have gathered from the Guelph Storm thread in the OHL forum, they have a bunch of dmen capable of playing in the league and can't use all of them.
I think he will only play some of the games until the trade deadline, when Guelph might move one of their better and older defenders like Chayka for some high draft picks, since they are the youngest, or near the youngest team in the league and are not likely to contend this year.
So he seems to be one of 4 players competing for 2 or 3 (if they play with 7D) spots every game.

I hope he gets more chances soon, because I see some decent potential in him.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Not really. What I have gathered from the Guelph Storm thread in the OHL forum, they have a bunch of dmen capable of playing in the league and can't use all of them.
I think he will only play some of the games until the trade deadline, when Guelph might move one of their better and older defenders like Chayka for some high draft picks, since they are the youngest, or near the youngest team in the league and are not likely to contend this year.
So he seems to be one of 4 players competing for 2 or 3 (if they play with 7D) spots every game.

I hope he gets more chances soon, because I see some decent potential in him.
Damn, that sucks. I feel like he should leave ASAP if he’s unlikely to see many games before the deadline. Worst case that would mean he’d be back in the DNL but anything’s better than not playing at all. He’s already missed a full season due to covid after all, plus the U18s.

Reactions: Kleefeld

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Damn, that sucks. I feel like he should leave ASAP if he’s unlikely to see many games before the deadline. Worst case that would mean he’d be back in the DNL but anything’s better than not playing at all. He’s already missed a full season due to covid after all, plus the U18s.

At least last season he got to play a few games (though very limited minutes) in the DEL and DEL2 and had a chance to practice with pros the entire time.
It is still very early in the season and maybe he will get more games the rest of the month. So, I would wait until November at least before looking at other options, unless he gets a clear message that there is no chance for him.

Reactions: Kleefeld

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Peterka had a goal and 2 assists for Rochester last night.

The highlights are a little weird, because the replay after each goal is just the same sequence again at full speed with the same commentary, but a different angle.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Peterka had another couple of assists (nice ones), setting up Jack Quinn for his goals to make it 1-0 and 4-1 respectively.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Peterka had a goal and 2 assists for Rochester last night.

The highlights are a little weird, because the replay after each goal is just the same sequence again at full speed with the same commentary, but a different angle.

I had also forgotten how choppy of a league the AHL is. The player positioning and just general effort some times makes it look like a much lesser league.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019

Second time this season that Proske has scored this exact goal. After going 3 in 10, he got 2 points in 2 games this weekend. He’s looked very good so far on an awful team.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany

He also had an assist for the game winner in OT on a nice passing play.
It seems that lately he as been playing with Caps draft pick Bear Hughes (5th round in 2020) and Lightning draft pick Jack Finley (2nd round in 2020) which has helped his production.
Nice job earning that spot.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany

Moritz on his way back to Germany.

Might be a good choice for him.
He was not really getting anything going in Saskatoon.

Also, Kevin Niedenz had been traded from Oshawa to Barrie a little while ago.
After playing in his first game after the trade he did not play in the next two. I don't know if this is COVID or injury related, but I hope he plays again soon.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Might be a good choice for him.
He was not really getting anything going in Saskatoon.

Also, Kevin Niedenz had been traded from Oshawa to Barrie a little while ago.
After playing in his first game after the trade he did not play in the next two. I don't know if this is COVID or injury related, but I hope he plays again soon.

One goal, seven points in 21 games.

Just treading water, if that.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
My German still isn’t quite good enough to understand everything but maybe this is interesting for some of you:

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Defenseman Lukas Kälble signed an ATO with the Florida Everblades (ECHL).

Reactions: Chapin Landvogt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad