George Parros = Dirty SOB?

Twindad*

It seems to have been covered by the replies, but you can see his concern when he is in the box. I think this guy has a big heart and tons of respect for the other fighters.

Jimmy Villa

Feb 11, 2010
Bristol
I don't know what half of you would have done watching a game in the 70s or even the 80s.

Every day there are 10 threads about dirty hits, 15 threads about suspensions and now fights are being combed through for dirtiness.

Hockey will be like soccer very soon unless this mentality dies off

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry::cry:

I live in England, and have loved 'soccer' since birth, but the way the game is right now it is a shambles.

Hockey is a breath of fresh air with the general honesty, the general high standard of officiating and the respect for one another. The use of video technology, and the ability to review an incident after a match and assess it are just a handful of things that make hockey so so much better than soccer these days.

Please stop trying to find fault in all collissions/fights, you do NOT want a watered down version of 'soccer' believe me :shakehead

Improvise

Old School
Apr 1, 2007
Los Gatos, Ca
Another Sharks fan here to show some support for Parros. He is a legit enforcer who truly understands the unwritten rules of "enforcing."

To me it looks like he is actually trying to hold back his last punch and that's why he ends up accidentally landing his forearm into Mash's head. He was probably trying to just brace himself for the fall with his forearm, unfortunately Mash's head was right underneath his forearm.

Nothing but respect and admiration for George. Only thing I hate about him is his uniform.

straka91*

No, looked like an accident to me. And judging by his reaction while next to to him and in the penalty box that he had no intent. He is one of the most classiest guys on the ice.

JagerPuck

Jun 6, 2008
NJ
I wouldnt agree that Parros is a dirty player because of this.
If you are looking for a prime example of someone teeing off on a guy who is already down on the ice check Avery v. Carle, if you can even call it that. Sean Avery is a real dirt bag and when he was going after Matt Carle who was already down he really let the haymakers fly.

I hate that Sean Avery.

Hawktopus

Sep 12, 2010
Parros understand his role and the role of fighters and I've only seen him show respect for others. He currently leads the league in fights (26) and he has suited up for most of the games (76). He has stayed healthy by what I see as fighting conservatively, he doesn't throw them wild and keeps himself safe. I don't think I've seen Parros start a fight where both parties didn't legitimately agree and the match-up didn't make sense.

Much respect for Mashinter, he knows what he has to do to earn icetime and unfortunately he paid the price this round.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
I don't see anything dirty at the end, but Parros really should have taken off the lid there.

I have the same thoughts, but I have to wonder if the Orr fight influenced his decision not too. If that is the reason, this fight can't have helped...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad