Geoff Ward... Keep him or find someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Francis saying ward will be the next Hc of the flames on fan 960 according to cp. If the flames miss or are out in the first round again, I’d hope brad’s ass is on the line at that point.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Francis saying ward will be the next Hc of the flames on fan 960 according to cp. If the flames miss or are out in the first round again, I’d hope brad’s ass is on the line at that point.

Why wait?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Why wait?

Because they won’t fire his ass this yr regardless. Just extended him and they were better than around half the league (Yippie!!!!). I can’t see how no progression in 7 yrs will be really all that justifiable though.

Reactions: DFF

IGGY2JOHNNY

Apr 22, 2018
Just announced and confirmed by the team. So disappointed. I get that ownership doesn’t like to spend on coaches but with 3 very good options out there (GG,BB, and PL) this move is indefensible and if the flames flounder next year. This could be the type of thing that has treliving fired by next offseason. This will definitely be his last coaching hire imo

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Just announced and confirmed by the team. So disappointed. I get that ownership doesn’t like to spend on coaches but with 3 very good options out there (GG,BB, and PL) this move is indefensible and if the flames flounder next year. This could be the type of thing that has treliving fired by next offseason. This will definitely be his last coaching hire imo

It's possible those guys weren't interested in Calgary even if their salary expectations were met.

Which makes me wonder why coaches currently and historically don't like Calgary as a destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad