Generic, All Encompassing, General Purpose, 2022 SC Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
They're a veteran team with multiple SC winners, 1 SC game 7 finalist and lots of potential in the line up playing BEHIND the winners and finalists.

And Quick doesn't look half bad.

The thing about LA is they have some really good defensive centers (Kopitar, Danault). That coupled with some good young D makes them a threat. Losing Doughty hurts them, but if Quick can keep outperforming his counterpart at the other end, I like the Kings’ chances.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Ya know. We’re probably pretty lucky the Sedins retired because if they hadn’t Jimbo would have traded them to another contender.

But Gillis.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Gets better minnie gets smoked too ))
Post automatically merged:

Sooo can we still trade them Halak?

I bet they regret not trading for a goalie now

Mcmuffin needs somebody to yell at still lol

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
This constant betting stuff is nauseating. It’s a plague on sports in the UK and in Australia/NZ and it’s a shame it’s migrated here.

It. f***ing. Sucks.

It sucks for adults. It sucks for kids. It’s massively hypocritical and is encouraging people to follow sports for all the wrong reasons. It also contributes to the misunderstanding of who’s actually good at hockey (and fantasy sports are guilty of this).

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Evander Kane was a great addition.

Not adding anymore offensive depth (lol Brassard) or a legitimate goaltender is sinking them. They should have opened up the vault for Markstrom.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Their D as it is built I think is a big problem. They have a glutton of guys who have very good skills, but limited hockey intelligence. Which is passable, but not championship calibre.

They finally have a good young stud to build around, IMO (Bouchard). I think going forward their biggest issue is going to be that they way overpaid on Darnell Nurse. I think he can be a solid second pairing guy, but they're paying him like a franchise D. And after those two, it gets thin. Barrie is a good offensive defender, but not a guy who can handle big defensive assignments. They basically need to completely build their blueline after those first two guys.

That and goaltending. So you know...easy stuff to fix, right?

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Perron scored three literally identical goals -- shot from the right hashmarks, rebound off Fleury's right pad to Perron near the left hashmarks, snapshot and goal.

Reactions: geebaan

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
That was 100% goaltender interference.

No question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad