OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Cordeiro ability to train & coach high level BJJ practitioners into competent aggressive Muy Thai strikers is doing wonders for Dariush. He's doing a great job striking with Edson Freaking Barboza

Edit: Welp, HOLY ****, Barboza got him with a flying knee!!!!!!!!!!

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
I've never seen a guy out cold for that long......Lemieux is a beast!!

Great fight if you're a Lemieux fan.

Reminded me a bit of the epic ending of a great fight between JMM and PacMan.

Well done by Lemieux, would like to see him fight Canelo for a nice paycheck.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Anybody watching Golovkin vs. Jacobs tonight?

GGG's fights are always incredible.

Yes. Chocolatito is actually in trouble right now, first time his opponent can take Roman's best shot without slowing down.

Jacobs is going to be around 180 lbs tonight, just about 10 lbs heavier than GGG. Jacobs arguably beats everyone on Golovkin's resume... it'll be an excellent win for whoever takes it. Golovkin TKO5.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Yes. Chocolatito is actually in trouble right now, first time his opponent can take Roman's best shot without slowing down.

Jacobs is going to be around 180 lbs tonight, just about 10 lbs heavier than GGG. Jacobs arguably beats everyone on Golovkin's resume... it'll be an excellent win for whoever takes it. Golovkin TKO5.

Yeah! Its a good fight so far... think those were accidental headbutts??

I don't think jacobs has what it takes to beat GGG - I don't think anybody but Cornello does. Did you hear David Lemieux say he wants a GGG rematch after knocking out Stevens?!!

Golovkin KO in round 3 ;)

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Yeah! Its a good fight so far... think those were accidental headbutts??

I don't think jacobs has what it takes to beat GGG - I don't think anybody but Cornello does. Did you hear David Lemieux say he wants a GGG rematch after knocking out Stevens?!!

Golovkin KO in round 3 ;)

Some of the damage is, but SR has landed a lot more hard straight lefts than I thought he would tonight altogether. Roman is not having fun, he's winning, but it's a tough one tonight compared with most of his fights.

Cornello... Canelo you mean? :D

I don't think Canelo does. Poor footwork relative to Golovkin's, sure he has the advantage in handspeed and upper body movement but his counterpunching game will get old quick with GGG. Golovkin was a powerful counterpuncher himself around the time he fought Simon, Fuchigami, etc... in the ams as well, when he had aggressive bull types coming at him. Golovkin's defense being underrated as hell, I don't give Canelo much of a chance. It would have been Ward to beat Golovkin, but that fight was supposed to be at 168 and has since come and gone. Oh well. Golovkin is the new Hopkins... had he been American, he'd be making twice he's making tonight ($2.5M).

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Canelo... Cornello.... potato ... potato... hehe

That was a good fight - not sure if the point deduction was a good call though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad