OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Well, if I were McGregor who just had 2 fights over 145, I wouldn't go back to 145 either. McGregor's going to hold both belts for one night and then drop the 145 belt anyways, despite what he says about UFC needing to send an army to him to take the belt off him lol.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Well, if I were McGregor who just had 2 fights over 145, I wouldn't go back to 145 either. McGregor's going to hold both belts for one night and then drop the 145 belt anyways, despite what he says about UFC needing to send an army to him to take the belt off him lol.

I think that's pretty much how it's going to go too, I just wish the UFC would be honest enough to recognize it . It's not worth antagonizing a guy like Aldo and possibly losing him.

Holy ****!! I think UFC 205 will be better than the 200.

The main event easily puts it over UFC 200 in my book, even with the intended Jones/Cormier fight.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Oh! Linaker beat Dodson by decision. 2 questionable judged fights again. Seems like its been happening more and more lately with the UFC.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
What a **** decision. All fight long, Dodson outlanded Lineker and dodged/blocked most of Lineker attacks.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
What a **** decision. All fight long, Dodson outlanded Lineker and dodged/blocked most of Lineker attacks.

I think i heard Cormier saying after the decision that Linaker landed more shots. If the judges counted the shots landed on Dodson's forearms and shoulders, then i guess Linaker landed more shots.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
It was a tie, Lineker was the aggressor the whole way and Dodson was able to land the most significant counters. And to top it off Dodson had a clear take down in the fifth round.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
It was a tie, Lineker was the aggressor the whole way and Dodson was able to land the most significant counters. And to top it off Dodson had a clear take down in the fifth round.

I despise this "agressor" thing. Dodson was moving and by moving, was having Lineker right where he wanted him. And he outlanded him.

I'd have to rewatch it round by round.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I despise this "agressor" thing. Dodson was moving and by moving, was having Lineker right where he wanted him. And he outlanded him.

I'd have to rewatch it round by round.

the thing is that Dodson only outlanded Lineker in the 1rst and 5th round. Lineker outlanded Dodson in the 4th. Then the 2nd and 3rd round were pretty much equal with 1 strike landed difference. Then add the fact that Judges aren't supposed to judge based on statsheets, but based what they see. So rounds where actual strike counts are equal, perceived offense matters a lot. Lineker being more active, aggressive can make it look like he landed more offense when judges have to give a score in real-time. There's also the fact that Lineker responded to Dodson's shot like they were nothing which can always affect a judge's judgment to evaluate the damage component of the scoring system

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
This might be it for Belfort. It'll be hard for him to build himself back up again at 39. He's been fighting since he was a teenager too, lots of mileage on him.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I have a feeling Bisping will beat Henderson.

Oh he absolutely should, he's the superior fighter at this point in their careers, Hendo has really lost a step in the past 2 years. He has to be focused though because Henderson's right hand is still lethal. I won't lie though, my heart is with the old SOB . He's been a favorite of mine since the early 2000.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Oh he absolutely should, he's the superior fighter at this point in their careers, Hendo has really lost a step in the past 2 years. He has to be focused though because Henderson's right hand is still lethal. I won't lie though, my heart is with the old SOB . He's been a favorite of mine since the early 2000.

Henderson's fight card is very impressive. He beat some very big names. I would have love to see a rematch with Quinton Jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad