WC: General Talk '12 — Sweden (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
At first I was disappointed to see that there'll be no Lundqvist, but we did need some more center depth too. Bäckström's eventual arrival gives us two complete world class lines instead of just one.

Since we're stuck with the goalies we have, I don't get why Enroth doesn't get more opportunities to play.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
At first I was disappointed to see that there'll be no Lundqvist, but we did need some more center depth too. Bäckström's eventual arrival gives us two complete world class lines instead of just one.

Since we're stuck with the goalies we have, I don't get why Enroth doesn't get more opportunities to play.

Enroth shared the crease with one of the best goalies in the NHL this season, and did well when he got to play.

I have a hard time understanding why he is a backup to to Fasth...

bp spec

Jun 7, 2010
Enroth shared the crease with one of the best goalies in the NHL this season, and did well when he got to play.

I have a hard time understanding why he is a backup to to Fasth...

This season Miller wasn't one of the best in the NHL. He should be, but wasn't. But that don't change Enroths performance. He sure did well, but I guess they go with Fasth because of his experience of big rinks and last years WC. Im satisfied with Fasth between the pipes.

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
Damn straight! Hopefully he'll "pull a Hörnqvist" and be here by Tuesday and play the game against Latvia.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Landing on Tuesday. It's more than 48 hours to the next game, he should be there.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Glad Backstrom isn't pulling I have a fake injury or need to rest for summer crap.

Going to another team for the summer and working with them can only help players development.

Crazyhorse II

May 12, 2012
If only Ericsson could get healthy, and we raise our game in boxplay, this tournament might end in a terrific way.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Eriksson - Zetterberg - Franzen
Hornqvist - Backstrom - Alfredsson
Landeskog - Kruger - Stalberg
Larsson - Jarnkrok - Persson

Hjalmarsson - Karlsson
N.Kronwall - Hedman
S.Kronwall/Ericsson - Brodin

Enroth

Hell of a team. Please no Silfverberg and Fasth...

Lee Van Cleef*

Damn, that's a filthy foward corps Sweden can run with now. I'm cheering for you guys!

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
I wonder how the PP formations will look like now. I'm thinking it's unnecessary to have three playmakers (Eriksson, Zetterberg and Bäckström) on the first unit. Let Bäckström take charge of PP2.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I wonder how the PP formations will look like now. I'm thinking it's unnecessary to have three playmakers (Eriksson, Zetterberg and Bäckström) on the first unit. Let Bäckström take charge of PP2.

First unit stays Franzen, Eriksson, Zetterberg, Alfie, EK.
Second unit becomes Backstrom, Hornqvist, Landeskog, Alfie, EK.

RedLeader

Feb 13, 2008
I rather want Kronwall on PP duty with EK , Affe has been shooting extremely inaccurately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad