WC: General Talk '12 — Latvia

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Masalskis and medicore are you effin kidding me? if anything he saved us so much times its embarrasing to count.

No, I'm not. He saved us occasionally, but his poor reaction on second opportunities cost us games as well. Playing injured wasn't a smart choice either, so the bad plays evens out the good ones, so mediocre he was. ;)

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
No, I'm not. He saved us occasionally, but his poor reaction on second opportunities cost us games as well. Playing injured wasn't a smart choice either, so the bad plays evens out the good ones, so mediocre he was. ;)

Goddmanit if there wouldnt be so much second chances given up by guys like Cibuslkis and Lavins than there would be no problems.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Redlihs didn't have much luck this WC, but he also played more as a set-up guy. He did that extremely well in the first 4-5 matches before he was out of gas in the tank.

I have to agree,but its not like he lacks the ability to score as this video clearly shows.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Goddmanit if there wouldnt be so much second chances given up by guys like Cibuslkis and Lavins than there would be no problems.

True, but most of those second chance goals were softies either way. He could of saved those, if he bothered to pick himself up more quickly. Acting miserable and helpless after the fact doesn't make me feel sorry for him.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
True, but most of those second chance goals were softies either way. He could of saved those, if he bothered to pick himself up more quickly. Acting miserable and helpless after the fact doesn't make me feel sorry for him.

You can`t blame goalie when defence play like crap.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

I would actually think that Masalskijs was average - which is the step up from mediocre (but that you expected more from him). Almost no matter how good a goalkeeper if your defence are not on their toes goalies will have problems (super goalies on a hot streak might hold everything, but that happens very rarely).
Frederik Andersen was the same for Denmark - not playing as well as expected but didn't get a lot of help from the defence either...

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I would actually think that Masalskijs was average - which is the step up from mediocre (but that you expected more from him). Almost no matter how good a goalkeeper if your defence are not on their toes goalies will have problems (super goalies on a hot streak might hold everything, but that happens very rarely).
Frederik Andersen was the same for Denmark - not playing as well as expected but didn't get a lot of help from the defence either...

Still, although our defense wasn't stellar, often Masalskis should of done better. Period.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
About Masalskis:
Well as you said ozo if he playing injured that would effect his reaction time and his abillity to move into extreme positions....and account why he played worse than expected of him.
The question is then would Jucers or Mustokovs have done better? It's a decision that Nolan took.......hard to know?

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Well as you said if he playing injured that would effect his reaction time and his abillity to move into extreme positions....and account why he played worse than expected of him.
The question is then would Jucers or Mustokovs have done better? It's a decision that Nolan took.......hard to know?

Well Jucers looked very decent against sweden.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
If defence didn`t consist of guys like lavins,sotnieks,masalskis would have a lot less problems.

Jesus, this is my last post on this subject. Masalskis should of made more saves poor defense or not. There will never be a game where opponents won't get a few second chances, and we will never win those games if our goalie will be so slow on recovering from first chances.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I just checked my lacrosse roster from 2004...he is not on it...but then he would be too young for participating (13 years lol).

:laugh::laugh: probably,anyway that kind of goal takes skill and cool which Indrasis also demonstrated in wc,good nolan discovered him,its good to know that nolan will be leading our team next year aswell so he can pull out more of these "unpolished gems".

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
There were some qustions but everyone felt (before games like norway and denmark) Jucers is bit too shaky.

It seems nobody was ready to try the wild card from the danish league---Mustukovs :laugh: (guess Latvian's didn't feel that sounded very awesome).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad