WC: General Talk '12 — Latvia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBUh8nbkOE4 BTW good compilation video of great latvian hockey moments to already gear up for wc 2013 ;)

Nice compilation....just a shame you dont' know who is doing what in all the clips.
Who does the turnaround after 40 sekunds of the video? (I can only see he has number 9) and when is it from?

Otherwise is there any really iconic Latvian goals scored in the WC or Olympics?

So who was best and worst player for Latvia this WC?

Anyway Meija will get for best/worst (whether you are danish or latvian) miss of open goal this tournament.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Nice compilation....just a shame you dont' know who is doing what in all the clips.
Who does the turnaround after 40 sekunds of the video? (I can only see he has number 9) and when is it from?

Otherwise is there any really iconic Latvian goals scored in the WC or Olympics?

So who was best and worst player for Latvia this WC?

Anyway Meija will get for best/worst (whether you are danish or latvian) miss of open goal this tournament.

Turnaround is done by Aleksandrs belavskis one of our greatest players ever,about iconic goals-the one against belarus when in qualification for Olympics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tji54zgcmFo ar 3:30 sry for video quality
About worst/best yes meija,also lavins,cibuslkis,sprukts for various reasons,cipulis also didn`t show anything best would be Indrasis,Kenins,Masalkis and Oskars Bartulis.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Turnaround is done by Aleksandrs belavskis one of our greatest players ever,about iconic goals-the one against belarus when in qualification for Olympics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tji54zgcmFo ar 3:30 sry for video quality
About worst/best yes meija,also lavins,cibuslkis,sprukts for various reasons,cipulis also didn`t show anything best would be Indrasis,Kenins,Masalkis and Oskars Bartulis.

Yeah well scoring 3 when behind 2-4 with under 5 min to go, thats pretty good (it's something like the Swedes and the Finns "usually" do to each other). :handclap:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Altough Irbe said to not give up hope on Meija as he could show his best game starting from 27-28 years of age.

So why should Meija get good, just because when he turns 27-28 years of age, according to Irbe (he read starcharts/horoscopes or what? :laugh:)?

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
So why should Meija get good, just because when he turns 27-28 years of age, according to Irbe (he read starcharts/horoscopes or what? :laugh:)?

As he said he need to mature,altough i have the same doubts as you if id have to guess id put my money on Indrasis and Bicevskis(centre,plays in dinamo riga also 21)

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
As he said he need to mature,altough i have the same doubts as you if id have to guess id put my money on Indrasis and Bicevskis(centre,plays in dinamo riga also 21)

Normally it's defenders that needs to mature?
A forward normally either has the sniping talent or not already at 21.
He can turn into a disciplined hardworking 2-way forward with age....so maybe that is what Irbe means?

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Comeback after being behind 0-2 in shootout doesn't happen that often! :handclap:
So Latvia and Norway have their little "we have beaten Sweden once" club (which still leaves Denmark out in the cold).

Oh yeah,but did you see that 3d goal by nizvijs?(sadly retired) my jaw dropped when i saw that on tv.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Normally it's defenders that needs to mature?
A forward normally either has the sniping talent or not already at 21.
He can turn into a disciplined hardworking 2-way forward with age....so maybe that is what Irbe means?

Most likely,he certainly doesnt have the skills like Indrasis or Biceskis or even Kenins,so yeah thats probably what he meant.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Oh yeah,but did you see that 3d goal by nizvijs?(sadly retired) my jaw dropped when i saw that on tv.

Yeah he is very cool and waits for the swedish goalie to commit. You need very strong nerves to do that! Great job!
But we have Frans Nielsen...best in all of NHL in shootouts!

Mikkel Bødker, Lars Eller and Morten Madsen are pretty good as well....(dammit not a single shootout for Denmark this year :laugh:).

Frans Nielsen's first NHL goal and first danish player goal in NHL....
- at practice Frans nettet 7 of 7, so the coach put him first in the shootout. "You score you stay, you miss you go back to AHL". Frans was dammed nervous and what is now his trademark move was actually something he really hadn't trained before this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOESstUjdao

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Yeah he is very cool and waits for the swedish goalie to commit. You need very strong nerves to do that! Great job!
But we have Frans Nielsen...best in all of NHL in shootouts!

Mikkel Bødker, Lars Eller and Morten Madsen are pretty good as well....(dammit not a single shootout for Denmark this year :laugh:).

Frans Nielsen's first NHL goal and first danish player goal in NHL....
- at practice Frans nettet 7 of 7, so the coach put him first in the shootout. "You score you stay, you miss you go back to AHL". Frans was dammed nervous and what is now his trademark move was actually something he really hadn't trained before this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOESstUjdao

He was probably scared ****less :laugh: imagine all that hard work comes down to one opportunity,one shootout and if you miss it,its gone.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
He was probably scared ****less :laugh: imagine all that hard work comes down to one opportunity,one shootout and if you miss it,its gone.

You see how he a bit meekly tries to psych himself by tapping the stick on the ice before starting towards the goalie.....basically all of denmark's hockey hope rested on his shoulders. Frans needed to make it, for showing it was serious to actually draft and hire danish hockey players (at that time 2007......aeons ago for danish hockey :laugh:).

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
best would be Kenins,Masalskis and Oskars Bartulis.

Are you an agent of the first two players? They were just as mediocre as the players you mention as the worst perfomers, no need to highlight them. Even Indrasis looked really raw most of the time.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Are you an agent of the first two players? They were just as mediocre as the players you mention as the worst perfomers, no need to highlight them. Even Indrasis looked really raw most of the time.

Indrasis will improve over time no doubt. What do you have exactly against masalkis or bartulis?

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
You need excellent stick skills to keep forcing the goalie to commit and then change direction at the last instance and put it in! Darzins does it perfectly here!
It's moves you have to train and train to perfect!

Thats why he is a sniper and not Meija :laugh:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Indrasis will improve over time no doubt. What do you have exactly against masalkis or bartulis?

I have nothing against them. They were mediocre at best. And I did say that only first two were such, Bartulis was our MVP (I should have deleted him from the quoted bit). ;)

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I have nothing against them. They were mediocre at best. And I did say that only first two were such, Bartulis was our MVP (I should have deleted him from the quoted bit). ;)

Masalskis and medicore are you effin kidding me? if anything he saved us so much times its embarrasing to count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad