WC: General Talk '12 — Denmark

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
What these fans mean that our players are so arrogant and full of themselves that they just play on only 80% which is actually quite stupid to think

Are some of the players arrogant or is it just something the fans use as an explanation for failure? Anyways it's ridiculous that for instance one players actions should reflect on all the other players. It's not like the latvian players are all members of the same party (anymore :sarcasm:). Unless Dinamo Riga has some special requirement.
Anyway i don't think any of the danish players are arrogant. Frans Nielsen is more often "accused" of being to humble on the Islanders fan sites :laugh:

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Are some of the players arrogant or is it just something the fans use as an explanation for failure? Anyways it's ridiculous that for instance one players actions should reflect on all the other players. It's not like the latvian players are all members of the same party (anymore :sarcasm:). Unless Dinamo Riga has some special requirement.
Anyway i don't think any of the danish players are arrogant. Frans Nielsen is more often "accused" of being to humble on the Islanders fan sites :laugh:

Sometimes I actually think a bit more arrogance would be nice in the Danish teams. We don't really have the player that says, "**** it, give me the puck and I'll take it to the other end and put it in the net". Of course with that attitude you also need to have the skill to do it, and it's probably only Bødker who have the skill to pull off a move like that more than just once in a blue moon.
I think a player who has that kind of confidence or arrogance what ever you want to call, can make a huge difference for a team like Denmarks where it seems like the players are sometime afraid to try and be the hero, probably jantelov mentality, it's especially evident on our PP where we too often end up standing around passing the puck back and forth with little movement and nothing ends up happening. If it's a coaching problem in the sense that the players aren't sure what to do, or if it's because there's too much jantelov on the ice at the same time, I'm not sure, but I think's interesting thought none the less.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga

It`s a stupid explanation.The problem is somewhere else.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Denmark has some luck (a lot actually) in the olympic qualification:

Denmark-Belarus-Slovenia + (most like Hungary) - 3 first teams can all beat each other, but no real favourite.
Latvia-France-Kazakhstan + (most likely Ukraine/Poland) - ouch....with France's play this WC, that will be tough for Latvia.
Germany-Italy-Austria + (most likely Great Britain/Japan) - an "alpine convention" threesome.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Sometimes I actually think a bit more arrogance would be nice in the Danish teams. We don't really have the player that says, "**** it, give me the puck and I'll take it to the other end and put it in the net". Of course with that attitude you also need to have the skill to do it, and it's probably only Bødker who have the skill to pull off a move like that more than just once in a blue moon.
I think a player who has that kind of confidence or arrogance what ever you want to call, can make a huge difference for a team like Denmarks where it seems like the players are sometime afraid to try and be the hero, probably jantelov mentality, it's especially evident on our PP where we too often end up standing around passing the puck back and forth with little movement and nothing ends up happening. If it's a coaching problem in the sense that the players aren't sure what to do, or if it's because there's too much jantelov on the ice at the same time, I'm not sure, but I think's interesting thought none the less.

You are quite right that some leadership on PP was desperately needed....not that I think arrogance is what I crave, but definitely taking responsibility when it counts. None of our NHL's were able to do that.....maybe a Regin or Bødker is what needed -> they could lead in 2010 (Regin) and 2011 (Bødker).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad