Kiril Starkov - Morten Green - Morten Poulsen

Lasse Lassen/Nicklas Jensen

Philip Larsen - Oliver Lauridsen

Jesper Jensen - Stefan Lassen

Kasper Jensen - Mads Bødker

Daniel Nielsen

Frederik Andersen
Patrick Galbraith

Regin is a definite no go. He is out with injury.

Jannik Hansen and Mikkel Boedker a both playoff bound. So their participation depends on first round exits.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
There's no way Oliver Lauridsen is in the 1st pair with Daniel Nielsen being the 7th D-man. Switch those two pleace.

I still think the love Starkov gets is unfair. Jesper Jensen had a bad season and all but he'll be there.

Kim Lykkeskov, Jannik Karvinen, Philip Hersby and Michael Eskesen should not go on vacation just yet. There'll be some fighting over the last spots on the team.

Nicklas Jensen might have a long way to the roster since he'll be playing the AHL-PO. That will keep him from showing Bäckmann that he belongs on the roster which just might be what convinces Bäckmann to go with another player.

EDIT: To pick up where we left off in this thread:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=47566819#post47566819

Sebastian Dahm(G), Emil Kristensen(D), Christoffer Pedersen(D), Rasmus Damgaard(D) have all left the roster.

Joined the roster:

Goalies:
Simon Nielsen, Lukko Rauma, age 25

D-men:
Jesper B. Jensen, Rogle, age 20
Daniel Nielsen, Hamburg, age 31
Mads Boedker, Leksand, age 24
Kasper Jensen, Bofors, age 24

Forwards:
Jesper Jensen, Hamburg, age 25

Personally I'm not pleaced with Simon Nielsen getting the third goalie spot.

Last edited:

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
There's no way Oliver Lauridsen is in the 1st pair with Daniel Nielsen being the 7th D-man. Switch those two pleace.

I still think the love Starkov gets is unfair. Jesper Jensen had a bad season and all but he'll be there.

Kim Lykkeskov, Jannik Karvinen, Philip Hersby and Michael Eskesen should not go on vacation just yet. There'll be some fighting over the last spots on the team.

Nicklas Jensen might have a long way to the roster since he'll be playing the AHL-PO. That will keep him from showing Bäckmann that he belongs on the roster which just might be what convinces Bäckmann to go with another player.

EDIT: To pick up where we left off in this thread:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=47566819#post47566819

Sebastian Dahm(G), Emil Kristensen(D), Christoffer Pedersen(D), Rasmus Damgaard(D) have all left the roster.

Joined the roster:

Goalies:
Simon Nielsen, Lukko Rauma, age 25

D-men:
Jesper B. Jensen, Rogle, age 20
Daniel Nielsen, Hamburg, age 31
Mads Boedker, Leksand, age 24
Kasper Jensen, Bofors, age 24

Forwards:
Jesper Jensen, Hamburg, age 25

Personally I'm not pleaced with Simon Nielsen getting the third goalie spot.

Yeah - I don't think we will see Nicklas Jensen this year. It would be demotivating for the other players if he got a spot without playing for it (Bødker and Hansen are obviously another story).

Phantoms lost yesterday so Lauridsen will hopefully get a look in camp. He will probably be in the 2. pairing, if he makes it. That said he must be better than any D playing in the Danish league. Right now he's injured though (day-to-day).

Starkov is the best player in the Danish league (and next year he will be in Sweden again). You cannot compare him with Lykkeskov and Karvinen - he is a lot better than them.

Simon Nielsen actually got the no 1. goalie spot in the the SM-liiga by the end of the season and did well. He is the right choice as no. 3.

We are looking at something like:

Hardt - Frans - Madsen
Christensen - Eller - Jakobsen
Starkov - Green - Poulsen
Lykkeskov - Jensen - Karvinen
Storm

Larsen - Lassen
Jensen - Jensen
Bødker - Nielsen
Hersby

It is worth noticing that even if Canucks or Phoenix make it to the 2. round of PO they could still join the team for the last group matches and quarters, semis and final (;))

If Lauridsen makes it I would switch him with K Jensen (Hersby out).

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Phantoms lost yesterday so Lauridsen will hopefully get a look in camp. He will probably be in the 2. pairing, if he makes it. That said he must be better than any D playing in the Danish league. Right now he's injured though (day-to-day).

Not sure I agree :) Let's keep in mind, that he's style is still very raw. If he's in he might be in the second pairring but that would because the partner. I think he'll be paired with a mobile D-man like Jesper Jensen or Mads Boedker. Either way I think he'll be the sixth d-man behind Larsen, Lassen, Nielsen, J. Jensen and Boedker.

Starkov is the best player in the Danish league (and next year he will be in Sweden again). You cannot compare him with Lykkeskov and Karvinen - he is a lot better than them.
Didn't compare the those players. First I said i wasn't liking the Starkov-hype, than I said Lykkeskov and Karvinen could still make it. To different things :)

Didn't see Starkov a lot after his return but the best player in the league? C'mon. Over guys who preformed when relied un, put up numbers in tough games and carried their team into the PO(All unlike Starkov)?

He sure must have had some ****** line mates because 1 goal i 11 PO-games with SønderjyskE... Don't get me wrong. He's good and all. Should be in Sweden next without a doubt. But the guy hasn't lived up to his potential and is now a mortal profile in the Danish League - not the clear cut best player in the league. Perhaps not even in the conversation.

Simon Nielsen actually got the no 1. goalie spot in the the SM-liiga by the end of the season and did well. He is the right choice as no. 3.

The signal is still that a player playing 1/4 of a season abroad, going on what could be seens as a hot streaks, gets the spot without having to battle for it, over a guy who's been outstanding for most of the year and plain great for the rest in the Danish. I don't like. Atleast make it look like you don't deal the cards in favour of the players in other league before the hands is played.

But than again I'm as biased as the next guy in Roedovre ;)

Larsen - Lassen
Jensen - Jensen
Bødker - Nielsen
Hersby

Still not sure why Kasper Jensen seems to be at the same level with Daniel Nielsen and Mads Boedker in some peoples mind. He's had a good season, and should be on the team, I agree. But he's style of play limits his upside in this kind of tournaments. He's a nice stay-at-home D-man. Text-book 3rd pairring kinda guy. But he woun't contribute offensively(Unless he's become a different player in one season).

With that said this could be the opening line-up :)

Oh and I think Eskesen is above Hersby on the depth chart... :)

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
According to Danish newsmedia Sporten.dk Frans Nielsen has returned to Denmark with the intention of joining the WC-roster. Impending a green light from the Islanders.

Link(In Danish): http://www.sporten.dk/ishockey/frans-nielsen-er-klar-til-vm

According to Danish newsmedia TV2 Sport Lars Eller has been given the green light and has decided to join the WC-roster.

Link(In Danish): http://tv2sport.dk/montreal-frigiver-lars-eller-til-vm

Per Bäckmann has according to TV2 Sport also denided that Nicklas Jensen will join the roster:

Link(In Danish): http://tv2sport.dk/landstraener-afskriver-dansk-nhl-talent-til-vm

He says: "We've given up on him, because he's playing in the AHL. His team is going to post-season, so it'll be impossible to get him to the WC. Unfortunately, 'cause it would be fun to se him at the WC." - rougly translated...

Still no word on Philip Larsen other than Bäckmann repeating that he expects him to be there.

No word on Oliver Lauridsen.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Not surprised about Jensen not getting on the team after getting sent to the AHL. I believe I also predicted this in the other thread. But it was positive to hear that Bäckman had him in his plans for a possible roster spot if he showed himself at camp.

Also great news about Eller and Nielsen, not that it's surprising since they aren't suffering from any injuries or anything.

EDIT: Philip Larsen has booked his flight for Denmark and is ready to join the WC team when a few practical things has been covered.
Source: http://tv2sport.dk/philip-larsen-har-fri-til-at-tage-til-vm

Last edited:

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
Philip Larsen is now confirmed.

This will be the strongest team Denmark has ever iced.

Jannik Hansen, Mikkel Bødker and Oliver Lauridsen are still not out of the picture.

Lauridsen will finish the AHL-season this weekend, and if Phantoms dont make it, hopefully he will go to camp.

Canucks and Hansen are 0-1 against Kings. Bødker and Coyotes are 1-0 against Hawks.

Robin Hood

Aug 28, 2007
Copenhagen
Philip Larsen is now confirmed.

This will be the strongest team Denmark has ever iced.

Jannik Hansen, Mikkel Bødker and Oliver Lauridsen are still not out of the picture.

Lauridsen will finish the AHL-season this weekend, and if Phantoms dont make it, hopefully he will go to camp.

Canucks and Hansen are 0-1 against Kings. Bødker and Coyotes are 1-0 against Hawks.

Hansen in the team would seriously make me drool like a mad dog. Canucks looked awefull in the first match but lets wait and see how they do in the second before we get our hopes up. I still see Yotes-Hawks as 50/50.

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
Vancouver fell to 0-2. Hansen scored in the 4-2 loss. Beginning to get my hopes up.

Phatoms are practically out. Hoping to see Lauridsen in camp next week. We sure could use him in front of our own goal.

And Karvinen will be cut by the way. Maybe Lasse Lassen gets the chance.

Last edited:

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
Coytes-Hawks are now 1-1. Phantoms are out and play their last game today.

If everybody is available I would like to see something like:

Hardt - Nielsen - Hansen
Bødker - Eller - Christensen
Morten Madsen - Julian Jacobsen - Kirill Starkov
Morten H. Poulsen - Morten Green - Jesper Jensen
Kim Lykkeskov

Stefan Lassen - Philip Larsen
Mads Boedker - Jesper Jensen
Oliver Lauridsen - Daniel Nielsen
Kasper Jensen
Phillip Hersby

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
I like your idea of spreading out the offense over the top 2 lines if we have all 4 NHL'ers. It's not like Christensen and Hardt are bad players, and they shouldn't have any problems keeping up with their line mates, and it will give us the opportunity to have to great lines that can play against almost any defensive pairing in the tournament. Would give the team a whole new set of tactical opportunities we haven't had before.

If both Bødker and Hansen gets on the team, I think it will be interesting to see if they load up the 1st PP unit with 4 NHL forwards, or if they spread it out with 3 on the first unit and 1 on the second. If it's the latter I think Hansen would be the odd man out. I think his hockey IQ and finesse skills aren't as good as Bødker and Ellers, even if Eller have to play wing.

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
In PP I would like to see:

Larsen - F. Nielsen; Eller - Hardt - Hansen/Bødker (Hardt in front of the goal)
Jensen/Lassen - D. Nielsen; Hansen/Bødker - Christensen - Jakobsen

(Give the 1. unit around 1.20 of the PP - 2. unit 40 seconds)

With Bødker our 1. unit would have 4 NHL'ers with regular PP time - amazing thought. And Hardt is perfect for the role in front of goal.
Even of we only get 1 of Hansen/Bødker, it would still be pretty sweet.
No room for players like Green and Madsen on the PP would be a gigantic step forward for Denmark. They would be important on the PK though. Even though both Frans, Eller and Hansen are worldclass PK, we need their offence more.

Last edited:

mikael99

Feb 14, 2007
If luck shines on us and both Bødker and Jannik Hansen and perhabs even Holten Lauridsen on the D joins the team, then Denmark will in my opinion field the strongest team ever!

Only Peter Regin and Nicholas Jensen will be missing.
In such a situation i predict that we on paper have a better team than Latvia, Norway, Italy and Germany.

With Frederik Andersen in topform and 5 NHL players mixed up with topplayers from Europe such as Hardt and Christensen we have a clear chance to get points in all of those matches - if not win them all.

I also predict that we will be able to play with the big teams, Sweden, Russia and Czech Republic, but ultimately lose to them.

Lets hope with get all 5 NHL players to Sweden. Would be such fun to see what we really can do.:handclap:

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Vancouver down 3-0 now, at this points it's almost a given that Jannik Hansen will play at the WC barring an injury, especially considering how Vancouver have been playing in the first 3 games.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Vancouver down 3-0 now, at this points it's almost a given that Jannik Hansen will play at the WC barring an injury, especially considering how Vancouver have been playing in the first 3 games.

DR P3 had an interview with Jannik Earlier today, and he didn't sound like the WC was on his mind at all. I know they are in the SC. But I actually think he is going to Decline if he is freed up.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Gotta love it if both Boedker and Hansen is there...

I like the option of putting Hardt-Nielsen-Hansen out there to shut down the big guns from Sweden, Russia and Czech Republic. Then Boedker-Eller-Christensen and Madsen-Jakobsen-Green/Starkov out there against the lower lines.

Bäckmans job will involve a lot more coaching besides motivating the players this year. He now has some options he's not used to having. Please Jannik and Mikkel get through the PO without injuries, and redeem your PO-loss at the WC at Denmarks second home-ice: Sweden! :D

Getting pumped for this one...

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
DR P3 had an interview with Jannik Earlier today, and he didn't sound like the WC was on his mind at all. I know they are in the SC. But I actually think he is going to Decline if he is freed up.

He also made the same statement to Rodovre Lokal Nyt when asked. He's not gonna talk about it until SC is over. Anything else would be weird. The chance is there but I think he'll go if they get swept.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
He also made the same statement to Rodovre Lokal Nyt when asked. He's not gonna talk about it until SC is over. Anything else would be weird. The chance is there but I think he'll go if they get swept.

I hope you are right, but I also hope the nucks can turn it around. Oh Im so torn:help:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Is it 24-squads or will one name be cut from the roster they released today in addition to all of the people joining?

Patrick Galbraith has joined to make it three goalies.

Philip Larsen has joined and there is now seven d-men. Lassen, Larsen, Jensen, Jensen, Nielsen, Boedker and Gronvaldt.

Lauridsen, Eskesen and Hersby will fight for the spot Groenvaldt is filling.

Frans Nielsen and Lars Eller has joined the forward-group. Mads Christensen is still missing from the finals in DEL, and perhaps Mikkel Boedker and Jannik Hansen. Morten Andreasen, Lasse Lassen, Thomas Spelling could sneak in from the finals in Denmark. Nicklas Carlsen, Bjarke Moeller and Sebastian Svendsen should go as the first. If it's only 23 players I guess one of the 15 fowards will go in addition to that.

Looking great!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad