WC: General Talk '12 — Czech Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TickleMeYandle

Not so fast,
Dec 19, 2011
So would this be correct?

Ronda spadla mezi betony Bryzgalova. Musíte zachránit ji, chcete-li ji vidět znovu!

Is this the formal form or the familiar form? I'm thinking formal.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
So would this be correct?

Ronda spadla mezi betony Bryzgalova. Musíte zachránit ji, chcete-li ji vidět znovu!

Is this the formal form or the familiar form? I'm thinking formal.

yeah, it's good. you said "You have to save/rescue her if you want to see her again."

but I think it's even better than the first version "can't get out unless you rescue her". in czech, it sounds better.

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
Hey Zorz... I have noticed that Petr Nedved is one of your favorite players ;) .. I don't know much about him, what is the negative on this old timer?

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Hey Zorz... I have noticed that Petr Nedved is one of your favorite players ;) .. I don't know much about him, what is the negative on this old timer?

well many fans including me were thinking that he won't be that much useful and we should put Vincour on the 3rd or 4th line instead. He redeemed himself a bit with the gwg against Latvia, but I'm still not sold on him. I will definitely judge this move with Nedved on the team after the QF. :)

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
The game though is meaningless; barring a loss to Italy, we play against Latvia, you - against Swe in QF's

yeah I know. Personally I didn't want to play Sweden which seems now very likely. But good is that we at least know what's probably gonna happen, We have plenty of time to prepare some plan for that QF.

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
they said it well on TV - we have quite a few things to think about after this SWE-RUS game :)

Well, we have 2 games left and we play against one of the best teams in WC. I don't wanna say the other games were easy, but except team Sweden we didn't really have a chance to play against top team, which would test our group.

I know it's not the most important game right now (it's gonna be QF), but it will be nice to see our progress. They all say we're getting better and better.

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
Kutlák was playing with Čáslava before his injury

did Kutlák play the left or right side

i vaguely remember him playing the left side in one of the pre-tournament games

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
Kutlák was playing with Čáslava before his injury

did Kutlák play the left or right side

i vaguely remember him playing the left side in one of the pre-tournament games

Kutlák played the left side.

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
How has Hemsky looked so far? I see he has scored a few goals.

Pretty good. I think he is our best forward offensively and does what he can do best - creating chances for his linemates, unfortunately sometimes he keeps the puck on his stick longer than it's needed.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Now that Mrazek was added to the official roster, does he have any chance of playing in an actual game?

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I really hope we beat Germany tomorrow and go for Sweden in the quaters. Time for Lojza to break his curse :yo:

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I think Czech will play SWE in Finland, right? That's a benefit for CZE in that game, because I guarantee that the Finnish crowd is going to want CZE to beat SWE, so the 6th player goes to CZE instead this time unlike in the group game the teams played. Dunno how many SWE fans come over though if it's played here...

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I think Czech will play SWE in Finland, right? That's a benefit for CZE in that game, because I guarantee that the Finnish crowd is going to want CZE to beat SWE, so the 6th player goes to CZE instead this time unlike in the group game the teams played. Dunno how many SWE fans come over though if it's played here...

I think the QF is going to be played in Sweden. But that doesn't matter. If we lose, we lose. But win in front of the Swedish home crowd would be sweet.

Turrican*

Hi guys

I cheer for the Czechs because Poland is not arrogant enough to have a good team.

Erathian

May 18, 2010
Czech republic
I think the QF is going to be played in Sweden. But that doesn't matter. If we lose, we lose. But win in front of the Swedish home crowd would be sweet.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure. They will just decide the time imho.
Oh, Sweden...not favourite opponent at all. But hey, anything can happen.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Hmm. In the Finnish broadcast they said Sweden will say goodbye to Globen arena after tomorrow's game, so that's what made me think that, but maybe they were wrong then.

Anyways, GL in the QF. I'll be cheering for the Czechs. Sweden's goalies are hoovers, so anything is possible even if they have almost all other of their all-stars they are missing an important piece.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Hmm. In the Finnish broadcast they said Sweden will say goodbye to Globen arena after tomorrow's game, so that's what made me think that, but maybe they were wrong then.

Anyways, GL in the QF. I'll be cheering for the Czechs. Sweden's goalies are hoovers, so anything is possible even if they have almost all other of their all-stars they are missing an important piece.

Thx. According to what I've seen so far Kovar can outplay Fasth 4 nights out of 5, but that wouldn't be enough. We need to play the entire squad out of their minds. But why not? I'm pumped for that game. :yo:

btw. good luck to Finland as well ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad