WC: General Talk '12 — Czech Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

8spokesontheB

Cry Havoc!
Dec 24, 2008
yeah I alwas wonder how is that possible that we here on HFb agree alaways on almost everything, but on the czech sites, there is always at least 50% of people talking complete rubbish. :dunno:

It's because out there --- in the cyberworld of Facebook and Twitter and "other" forums --- you are surrounded by regular folk. Normal people, normal minds.

Here, on the HFboards....you're among the glitterati....

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
I wonder if Sobotka will ever come to play for us when we need him in the future.

He will, he said it would be his dream to play for national team and he is very dissapointed he couldn't come to show what he can do.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
of course he's not a difference maker. But Hadamczik himslef admitted it was a questionable move not to invite Sobotka even for EHT last year. This year he blanks him again. This is not the best way to treat the players. I wonder if Sobotka will ever come to play for us when we need him in the future.

We've always know Lojza had problems treating players with the correct amount of respect etc.:( I'm sure Sobotka will play for the national team when we'll need him, but it probably won't be before Lojza leaves (if that's what you meant).

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Voracek is now free. I hope he comes, I've been watching most of the flyers games during the season and Voracek has been getting better and better with each game. He's been excellent in the playoffs as well. His protection of the puck has improved immensely (probably thanks to Jagr), his passing is very good and his defensive game is underrated. The only thing he needs to work on is his shot and then he will be complete as a player ^^

Last edited:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I read on the Stars board that Vincour was released from the Czech team....would anyone happen to know why?

Making room for Jagr, maybe? :help:

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
I read on the Stars board that Vincour was released from the Czech team....would anyone happen to know why?

Jagr won't come for 1000000000% ... it's confirmed!

I don't know anything about Vincour and this situation

zorz

Mar 8, 2010

I've never heard of that before. There is no room for Jagr.

Zolik37

#1 Nate Guenin fan
Aug 17, 2011
Jagr won't come for 1000000000% ... it's confirmed!

I don't know anything about Vincour and this situation

Why Jágr won't come? He never missed the chance to help his NT team, and Philadelphia Is out of the playoffs.

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
Why Jágr won't come? He never missed the chance to help his NT team, and Philadelphia Is out of the playoffs.

He's 40, exhausted, and was probably playing with a bad groin since January. He also stated in the past that the switch from small to big ice is a difficult adjustment for him, and he's only going to participate in the Worlds if he spends the entire season on the big ice.

I would be pissed if Voráček doesn't come though.

On a side note, I still can't believe Selänne isn't there.

Password

Nov 19, 2010
Finland
Let us hope Voracek joins, very entertaining player, and Erat too. I've got tickets for your game against Russia on sunday, very pleased :D

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
I wonder how Kutlák is doing, because there are rumours about adding Voráček, but we have only 6 healthy D right now.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Congrats on getting Erat. I get so tired of the Swedish announcers, all they talk about is how the Czechs really need Jagr, as if they have no other good forward in the NHL.

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
are we locked to make the QF if we beat Italy today?

Not yet, we will be if Latvia and Denmark win tomorrow.

Anyway I'm somehow glad that Voráček couldn't join the team and we added Krejčík, because Hadamczik said he would add Jakub and play only with 6 D, when Kutlák is injured, which would be very dangerous.

Poor Vincour cancelled his vacation because of NT and now he didn't even make the team.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Not yet, we will be if Latvia and Denmark win tomorrow.

Anyway I'm somehow glad that Voráček couldn't join the team and we added Krejčík, because Hadamczik said he would add Jakub and play only with 6 D, when Kutlák is injured, which would be very dangerous.

Poor Vincour cancelled his vacation because of NT and now he didn't even make the team.

Still he played some games before the tournament, got in touch with the coaching staff for the future etc. His whole participation in this thing should be + for him.

TickleMeYandle

Not so fast,
Dec 19, 2011
Hi! I have a language question, and I figure this is the best place to find people who know hockey AND Czech.

How do you say "five hole" in Czech? Is it a common term, or is it more of an Americanism? I want to make a sign for the Coyotes game on Sunday and it should say: "Marty: Ronda has fallen into Bryzgalov's five hole and can't get out unless you rescue her." I can use Google translate and then run it by my husband (who speaks Polish, not Czech - but it's close enough to point out any horrible mistakes!), but if that wouldn't make any sense at all, I suppose I'll have to come up with something else.

Thanks!

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Hi! I have a language question, and I figure this is the best place to find people who know hockey AND Czech.

How do you say "five hole" in Czech? Is it a common term, or is it more of an Americanism? I want to make a sign for the Coyotes game on Sunday and it should say: "Marty: Ronda has fallen into Bryzgalov's five hole and can't get out unless you rescue her." I can use Google translate and then run it by my husband (who speaks Polish, not Czech - but it's close enough to point out any horrible mistakes!), but if that wouldn't make any sense at all, I suppose I'll have to come up with something else.

Thanks!

instead of five hole, we use "mezi betony" which means "between pads". if you wanted to say Bryzgalov's five hole in czech, you'd probably say mezi betony Bryzgalova

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad