Prospect Info: General Prospect Thread 2017-2018

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Loschiavo is on the top line with recent 6th round pick Brett Davis for Kootenay. I forgot James Patrick got hired by Kootenay as their head coach.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I can't open the attachment - could you just post the list?

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Hi everyone!

I was hoping that you'd be able to help me out. I am currently running a fantasy game on the Rangers board. Based on how a prospect is described on HF (i.e. you need to play a certain number of games in the NHL to be considered graduated) I need a list of your teams top 10 prospects if you don't include players drafted in the entry draft this year.

Would you be able to provide me a list of your top prospects prior to this years entry draft, I would really help me out for my game.

Thanks in advance!

joshik

In Duchene we believe
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
1. D M.Heiskanen Liiga 2018-19 Elite D
2. D J.Honka AHL 2017-18 Top 4 D
3. F D.Guryanov AHL 2018-19 Top 6 F
4. G J.Oettinger NCAA 2021-22 Elite G
5. F R.Hintz AHL 2018-19 Top 6 F
6. F J.Dickinson AHL 2017-18 Top 9 F
7. D G.Bayreuther AHL 2018-19 Top 6 D
8. F R.Tufte NCAA 2020-21 Top 9 F
9. F R.Elie AHL 2017-18 Top 12 F
10 .F N.Caamano AHL 2019-20 Top 12 F

joshik

In Duchene we believe
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
I can't open the attachment - could you just post the list?

1. D M.Heiskanen Liiga 2018-19 Elite D
2. D J.Honka AHL 2017-18 Top 4 D
3. F D.Guryanov AHL 2018-19 Top 6 F
4. G J.Oettinger NCAA 2021-22 Elite G
5. F R.Hintz AHL 2018-19 Top 6 F
6. F J.Dickinson AHL 2017-18 Top 9 F
7. D G.Bayreuther AHL 2018-19 Top 6 D
8. F R.Tufte NCAA 2020-21 Top 9 F
9. F R.Elie AHL 2017-18 Top 12 F
10.F N.Caamano AHL 2019-20 Top 12 F

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Nashville interested in these guys?

Remi Elie
2nd round pick who was seen as a massive reach at the time, but has since proven his worth. He's a left winger who can play his offside reasonably well - can carry the tempo of a play with his speed and acceleration. He's not a dangler, but he has a few tricks up his sleeve. Not a top six but a very good bottom six player in the mold of Antoine Roussel. I wrote about him on DBD.

Gemel Smith
Smith was playing in the ECHL last season, but had a really good stretch with Texas. I think it was his 3 point night where it seemed like all of his points came on the penalty kill that earned him time in Dallas. He's a strong north south, quick winger/center who isn't a playmaker, but has good hands in close to finish plays. His shorthanded prowess in the AHL was no fluke. Just ask Chicago. Smith is more a Cal Clutterbuck type.

Justin Dowling
Dowling has dealt with injuries for most of his career. He's a reminder of just how good players are in the modern AHL. He's a small playmaking center with excellent speed and puck handling. Not a goal scorer by any means, but he generates offense with his vision and wheels. Not sure about a comparable. He's something like 26 so I doubt he ever gets broken in for full time duty. If you squinted your eyes, and imagined Tyler Johnson without the shot, passing, and IQ, Dowling would be Johnson's hobo doppelganger with fingerless gloves and all.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I was just kind of realizing that Tufte and Robertson should arrive to Austin at the same time (assuming Tufte is in the NCAA for three years as we expect). When Seguin's contract, assuming he re-signs, kicks in they're aren't going to go spend big on wingers in the first two or so years. There could be an immediate spot for one of them on a scoring line. I doubt Dallas replaces Spezza, and I don't think anyone has a real firm grasp on the 2nd line LW right now.

You also have to think that within two years, the salaries for Faksa, Ritchie, Shore, and Jamark (health permitting) could potentially force one of them out. On top of that, new, bigger numbers to Lindell, Honka, and potentially Johns are going to start chocking the cap room a bit

Even a guy like Caamano could be seriously in that competition soon. Younger D like Bayreuther, Heatherington, and Hansson ... maybe even Nyberg ... could get shots as well because of the cap.

Dallas is getting set up pretty nicely for an ELC guys to contribute the very important year Seguin's new potential contract starts. As the cap gradually goes up, it'll just make it easier to accommodate that money, but early on, ELC's will be huge.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I just saw Friedman tweeting out that it sounds like guys in the AHL on two-way contracts probably won't be permitted to play in the Olympics either.

Doesn't that give Jake Oettinger a pretty legitimate shot at playing for the US? I can't think of many US born goalies playing overseas right now. In the past, the Olympic team had several US born players on it. Oettinger was one of the better goalies in the NCAA last season. I'm not saying he's a shoe in to start, but you got to think he's potentially on a short list to take one of the three spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad