OT: General OT Thread #34: GopherState Memorial Appreciation Edition* Memorial Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
So, decided to go for some grocery shopping as per usual. I was supposed to buy usual stuff like milk, bread, meat and so on. Ended up visiting the Stadium (sports store) on the floor above. Had 26e worth of groceries in one bag and 100e worth of floorball accessories on another. Bought 3 light t-shirts, one pair of shorts, some socks and a new stick. Yeah, a new stick. It was originally 109e, one of the last remaining on stock as summer is not exactly floorball season. Oval blade, 100cm long shaft (102 is the maximum iirc) and 29 stiffness rating - or something. Don't know a lot about sticks, but I do know that 29 is among the stiffest out there and the top of the stick is supposed to be around one's navel. That one's about an inch above, so I'm spot on. And the best part? Since it's offseason, and it was one of the last pairs, I got a proper, quality stick for 40 euros. That's 69e saved right there.

Couldn't be happier right now, despite spending some money. At least I spent it on training accessories and stuff I need instead of booze and cigs.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Just got done playing D-League Church softball in Apple Valley against... JT Brown.

Let's just say hockey isn't his only sport. Kid nearly beat out an infield grounder to the pitcher. Dude has wheels.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
The best part of any World Cup ever was when that French player (Zidane I think?) headbutted that other player. About as exciting as it gets.

I think Materazzi called his mother a... female dog (you know what I mean) or something along those lines, in which case the headbutt was completely warranted. I remember being slightly upset at the time about the incident, not because of what Zidane did but because of the referee's decision to kick him out.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
lol. People talk smack in sports all of the time. I've personally had WAY worse said to me than "your mother's a *****" (if that is what he said -- could've been worse). Still crazy to think about to this day.. Cost his team the game because of novice-level trash talk. I thought his family might've been threatened or something. Whatever. Don't care about soccer/football either way, but in a championship game, there's nothing you could say to entice me to react while the clock is running.

Billy Mays Here*

So that new Dumb & Dumber To trailer... Hmmm. Juuuuuust about what I thought it was going to be.

I was almost disappointed with it. The grandma thing was ****ed up and some of it was just plain stupid, and not in the way that makes it funny like the first one. I'll still be going to see it of course though.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I watched the 1st episode of parks & recreation season 1 today. It eas horrible ****. Im gonna give it the 1st season to see if I can watch it at all.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I watched the 1st episode of parks & recreation season 1 today. It eas horrible ****. Im gonna give it the 1st season to see if I can watch it at all.

I said the same thing, and then finished the entire series.

The first season feels like it tries too hard to be The Office with a different setting.

After that, it settles in pretty nicely.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Have to get to 1000 and finish this thread already. It's still awkward to post in my own thread.

General OT Thread #35 - Nice to see you Mr. Darcy
General OT Thread #35 - The Kuemps

I said the same thing, and then finished the entire series.

The first season feels like it tries too hard to be The Office with a different setting.

After that, it settles in pretty nicely.

So true. P&R begins to chart its own course in a very funny Season 2 after discovering through the first 6 episodes what made the show.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
General OT Thread #35: Bruce, Springs, and the Kellogg Boulevard Band

General OT Thread #35: The doubting of Thomas Vanek

General OT Thread #35: Peace, Love, and Matt Cooke

General OT Thread #35: Line Juggling: Yeoman's work

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
The more you guys post possible titles for the next thread, the sooner we get the next thread.

What happened anyway? We used to be able to knock these threads off in two weeks. Now how long has this one been up? ****. Since April first.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
General OT Thread #35: Generic User Finally Gets A Title

Certainly has a ring to it.
Have you really not gotten one? That doesn't seem right.

The more you guys post possible titles for the next thread, the sooner we get the next thread.

What happened anyway? We used to be able to knock these threads off in two weeks. Now how long has this one been up? ****. Since April first.

There was hockey to talk about, I guess.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
General OT Thread #35: Swervin's soap opera

General OT Thread #35: Where they actually spell Swervin correctly

General OT Thread #35: Generic User evolves into Geriatric User

General OT Thread #35: Here's to a thread that will likely outlive us all

noitidE sdrawkcaB :53# daerhT TO lareneG

General OT Thread (Fel) #96: Because **** continuity

Puhis

Nah.