General OT Thread #31: Wild Wish Offense Was As Potent As Fel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I had to hit quote and pull the actual URL out and pop it in a new window to view it.

I use Firefox as well.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Awesome:

My kid last week picked out a TMNT shirt at the store on clearance. He wears it to school yesterday, then finds a manhole cover on the ground and shows his teachers and friends his shirt and how his dad watched them as a kid. Carrying on the legacy.

Also, broke in the deep fryer yesterday making beer batter fish and chips. Really, really good for a first try. Super fresh tilapia filets and the potatoes were pretty crispy.

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
Just tried changing my avatar about 20 times in 20 different sizes ranging from 125x125 to 100x75 and I've been told that the file is too large every time
HELP ME SOMEONEEEE

Billy Mays Here*

Just tried changing my avatar about 20 times in 20 different sizes ranging from 125x125 to 100x75 and I've been told that the file is too large every time
HELP ME SOMEONEEEE

Might be too complicated an image and you're over the kb limit. I think the limit is about 20 kb.

purexed

Sep 1, 2013
Minnesota
HELP ME SOMEONEEEE

I know that feel bro. I think you gotta make it as close to avatar size as possible, as I don't think it will resize for you.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
HELP ME SOMEONEEEE

Odd, last time I tried to stick an avatar in that was over the limit it just reencoded it to jpeg to bump down the file size.

But, the maximum size is 125 x 125. If it's larger than 20kb, try saving it as a .gif or a .jpg. You should be able to play around with the jpg's quality to adjust the file size down, depending on the paint program youve got.

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
Odd, last time I tried to stick an avatar in that was over the limit it just reencoded it to jpeg to bump down the file size.

But, the maximum size is 125 x 125. If it's larger than 20kb, try saving it as a .gif or a .jpg. You should be able to play around with the jpg's quality to adjust the file size down, depending on the paint program youve got.

I dunno
I ended up settling on the not-so-high-quality avy I'm currently sporting.
Not enough Bryan Anger pics on the internet, IMO

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Up late. Not tired. Just took some sleeping pills, cause I am tired of being insomnia's little *****.

Also, page 39. Need new titles for #32.

#32: Bacon Cookoff Benefit Prayer Thread

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Insomnia watch: hour one.

Not very tired. Might go try it in a few. I really need a "sleep dammit" button installed in my skull.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
So, when I started using OSX, the thumb buttons stopped working with back/forward settings. I've already downloaded the software and tried it with different settings, but no luck. Anyone know what the **** is going on?

It's a Microsoft Comfort mouse 6000.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Random pet peeve of mine while reading the internets... Starting off a sentence with:

"That's like saying,"

Because you know whatever is following that is going to be some hilariously bad attempt of painting a scenario.

Billy Mays Here*

Got off work early for the 2nd night in a row. Don't think it's much of a longshot to guess where I went right after I got out. ;)

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
What the hell is the point of tear-jerker movies?

So I wanted to watch the Wild game so my gf went into the bedroom and started watching the movie My Sister's Keeper. Apparently it's about some ****ed up family that has a daughter with Leukemia and conceives another child just to use that other one to sacrifice marrow and organs and stuff to the older one and apparently it's just a terribly sad movie with no redeeming qualities. At the end one kid dies, the other one gets depressed, and the parents realize their failure.

So at the end of it my girlfriend comes stumbling out of the bedroom crying her eyes out and is now sitting on the couch sniffling and wiping her eyes. Like, what the hell is the point of that movie and what is the point of even watching it? :shakehead

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
What the hell is the point of tear-jerker movies?

So I wanted to watch the Wild game so my gf went into the bedroom and started watching the movie My Sister's Keeper. Apparently it's about some ****ed up family that has a daughter with Leukemia and conceives another child just to use that other one to sacrifice marrow and organs and stuff to the older one and apparently it's just a terribly sad movie with no redeeming qualities. At the end one kid dies, the other one gets depressed, and the parents realize their failure.

So at the end of it my girlfriend comes stumbling out of the bedroom crying her eyes out and is now sitting on the couch sniffling and wiping her eyes. Like, what the hell is the point of that movie and what is the point of even watching it? :shakehead

I saw that movie once. It's not the greatest, but it was decent. Good examination of the ethical ramifications of stuff like that, and how important it is for people to have control of their own destinies in the face of people who would derail it, in this case the parents.

You should have comforted your GF. You can get some good points for being understanding with that stuff.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Had a huge walmart pizza earlier. Was great.

Also tried nutella for the first time. Oh my god.

EoLGcDU.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad