General OT Thread #25: Rock Out With Your Lock Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Just finished reading the latest Day by Day Armageddon.

It's a zombie book that showed a ton of promise in the first book. A Navy Lieutenant starts keeping a journal and then a few weeks later zombies come. Entire first and second books were in journal format, and had a lot of unique characteristics that most zombie books do not have. I mean, it's written by an active duty Naval officer. How cool is that?

So, in the second half of the second book, the author introduced the fact that an alien space ship crashed in China 20,000 years ago, and when the Chinese dug it up, it caused the zombies. And there was some type of mysterious organization that was pulling some strings and making stuff happen.

So the third book, which I just finished, has the main character going to China to find the space ship and alien and stuff.

Well, 90% of the book does not involve China at all. It is literally the guy sailing over in a U.S. submarine, and simultaneously telling the story of some Navy SEALs fighting in Texas. Well, not only does the author not really explain who the mysterious organization is aside from a one-paragraph write-off before the organization is nuked in the last chapter, but the main character goes into China, finds out the alien is actually a human from the future or some bull****, and then leaves China all in about 5 pages.

As an amateur author, it is absolutely disgraceful and appalling to have that much build up to what should be a huge military campaign in China with one of the most important and dangerous(1.3 billion zombies) missions in human history written off in a span of 5 pages?

Jesus. I am so disappointed with the ending of the trilogy. Seriously disappointed.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
I have a slight dilemma here..... Tomorrow, I don't know if I should stay up till 5am or should I sleep? I'd be great to go sleep early but I think we're having a poker night. Will I be more tired if I take a nap before the game?

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
I have a slight dilemma here..... Tomorrow, I don't know if I should stay up till 5am or should I sleep? I'd be great to go sleep early but I think we're having a poker night. Will I be more tired if I take a nap before the game?

The game starts at 4 AM, though?

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I've visited the USA. I actually like the country. I like (most) of the people. But seriously. GO METRIC, NOW!

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Was much worse last weekend when it was a lot warmer but windy. Now it's clear calm nice winter weather.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Speaking of Jimmy Kimmel, just saw this and got a good chuckle out of it (it was on the suggested videos in the cold weather video above).

Zooey Deschanel is overrated... weren't we just talking about that? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad