"General" Nate Guenin

MacWinnon

Jul 2, 2012
Mountains, Somewhere
**GIFS WANTED**
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain" - General Guenin
Some point using a finger. He points with the whole hand.
A compass points due north, a weather vane the direction of the wind, Ilya Kovalchuk smugly points towards a foolish Sidney Crosby after a PPG...but only one man can point so emphatically that he not only steals our hearts, invigorates our imagination, and unites a hockey nation. That man is General Guenin. Unlike unworthy leaders like General Zod, who requires you to kneel before him, General Guenin requires only one thing. Obedience. Obey when he points and though shalt find glory...and victory...or a goal against, I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Patton.jpg

Only a 3 stars General, not quite Guenin grade.
CREDIT TO:
I love that the General nickname is catching on. There isn't much I can take credit for but I proudly take credit for this one.

This is the official thread that recognizes Nate Guenin for the parity he allows in the NHL by gift wrapping goals for the other team on a consistent basis. Great job, General Guenin.
He's so polarizing that even hockey legend and future HOF Jarome Iginla is taking after him.
Screen_Shot_2014_11_07_at_2_42_19_PM.png
:nod:

Scouting report on The General:

Gordie Howe, Pure and Natural hatricks all have one thing in common....they aren't close to the amount of impressiveness a "General" hatrick of pointing so unequivocally at an opposing forward. Hopefully, (for their sake) another, lesser defenseman will follow the General's orders so the opposing player will not have to unfairly contend against impenetrable defensive barrier that is Nathaniel Lawrence Guenin. We are truly a blessed fan base that allows us to live vicariously through the General's life as the most important man on Earth and the ultimate expeditor of life.
[CITATIONS NEEDED]
The General Hatrick
  1. BogusElegantLadybug.gif
  2. UnsungQuarrelsomeHalcyon.gif
  3. ImpossibleSomeChevrotain.gif

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
A compass points due north, a weather vane the direction of the wind, Ilya Kovalchuk smugly points towards a foolish Sidney Crosby after a PPG...but only one man can point so emphatically that he not only steals our hearts, invigorates our imagination, and unites a hockey nation. That man is General Guenin. Unlike unworthy leaders like General Zod, who requires you to kneel before him, General Guenin requires only one thing. Obedience. Obey when he points and though shalt find glory...and victory...or a goal against, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

member 116861

I love that the General nickname is catching on. There isn't much I can take credit for but I proudly take credit for this one.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The Terrible Reign of The General (2013-2015)

In a year where the fabled #22 had started to be redeemed from the infamous exploits of the legendary Tank Commander HunnyBunny; Colorado would once again suffer through the rise of a new Uncompromising Leader, a man who's sole purpose was destroying the dignity of a new Number. This man, known to history only as The General, was not afraid of turning his back to the ferocious windmills he had tilted so bravely against for so many years in the treacherous Ahl, nor would he yield in this new Holy War.

The conflict swiftly became a bombastically brutal disaster for all those unfortunate enough to lie in his wake, for The General was to point to many a tremendous tragedy. The number of which was truly incomprehensible, such that to this day Singers retell his tale of woe from the snow-flying mountain clans and the stone-worshipping hill tribes of the westlands, to the delusional babble of those unfortunate souls devoured by the faeries who swarm the foothills around the troubled town of Boulder; and further still past the Horizon of Nothing in the east to lands unseen by the gentle eyes of any coloradian today.

*It is said that The General's incomparable pointing prowess lay beholden to The General's own culpability in the tragic sabotages he bore witness to, but evidence for this is difficult to come by. As few who have watched footage of The General's exploits where able to recall these memories without being washed over by a dour ghost that caused them to pull away from all and to bury their pain in mini-Reeses.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm not opposed to this thread, but I actually thought he played much better tonight against the Leafs. In a game where they really needed a steady presence from him after losing Stuart.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Will be interesting to see Redmond and Guenin competing for a roster spot on the ice together for the next couple weeks. Hopefully Roy will see the light.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

This is one of the best things I have read on HF. :amazed:

Truly worthy of a YouTube tribute video. I need to learn how to edit videos so I can make those.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm not opposed to this thread, but I actually thought he played much better tonight against the Leafs. In a game where they really needed a steady presence from him after losing Stuart.

I dunno...I still thought he was soft as warm butter and completely immobile. Out of the defensive zone he made a couple nice stops/puck plays and held the zone pretty well but otherwise I thought he was still a complete disaster in the defensive end.

Ham Fist

Feb 6, 2014
Boulder
I dunno...I still thought he was soft as warm butter and completely immobile. Out of the defensive zone he made a couple nice stops/puck plays and held the zone pretty well but otherwise I thought he was still a complete disaster in the defensive end.

He sure did point a lot though, perhaps Roy told him if he's going to be out there anyway it would help if he would at least look busy.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He sure did point a lot though, perhaps Roy told him if he's going to be out there anyway it would help if he would at least look busy.

Yeah, I noticed him standing and pointing right before the GTG, where he also could have easily broken up the play if he just went charging in with authority and hit the guy.

MacWinnon

Jul 2, 2012
Mountains, Somewhere

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Seriously what is the deal with him all of a sudden pointing at things like every time he is on the ice. I mean it be one thing if he was a Weber caliber dman who commands respect and knows what he is doing, but he is a AHL plug at best. If I was one of his teammates at he pointed at something he wanted me to do, I'd go break his finger.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Seriously what is the deal with him all of a sudden pointing at things like every time he is on the ice. I mean it be one thing if he was a Weber caliber dman who commands respect and knows what he is doing, but he is a AHL plug at best. If I was one of his teammates at he pointed at something he wanted me to do, I'd go break his finger.

it shows how much character he has.

career AHLer pointing future HOFer who to cover.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
He used to point all the time last season too, mostly at Holden though. It's gotten worse since then.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Iginla showing Robidas what Guenin taught him. Not surprising Robidas wanted no part.

zR2s5k.gif

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad