General Fanager (CapGeek Replacement)

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I dont care about the name leaning on liking it. Better then some random name, right?

sayheykid

Jun 12, 2010
If the site is functional the name is irrelevant.

If you have a brand or a service that everyone wants, sure. This addresses the interests of an extraordinarily niche market, one that even most diehard hockey fans aren't terribly interested in. CapGeek or even NHLNumbers give you a strong indication of what the site is all about. General Fanager sounds like one of a million fantasy sports sites.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I like the homepage. Very basic, but very "cool" looking. tee hee. Mistakes happen, but they will be sorted out over time.

My only issue is the name (as others have already pointed out). -- It's terrible. It's as if they picked a bunch of names from a hat and combined them. :laugh:

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
I don't like the name, but it makes sense honestly.

If they can really emphasize playing "Armchair GM" (which I haven't played too much on the site yet) and having fun with creating ridiculous scenarios, it's a pretty practical name.

Either way, I will be using the term "Fanager" a lot from now on.

Numz

Oct 7, 2013
Love the site! :handclap:

Really like that you can see players stats along with their contract info.

Really disliked the name, TBH I've already forgotten it. Good thing I have it bookmarked!

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
cap central on hockeybuzz beats this so far, although i hate that cap central took this year's salaries down. like another poster said, would be good to compare salaries for UFA's and RFA's.

and generalfanager needs a catchy tagline for the site.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
The site is good to have as an option for those that don't like other sites for the variety of reasons they have...

The best part of this new particular site for me is how they've laid out all the draft picks and who owns what pick with the trades that are tied to them:

http://www.generalfanager.com/draftpicks

We'll see how he manages to clean it up, otherwise, Cap Central is pretty beautiful now in it's clarity and layout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad