General Fanager (CapGeek Replacement)

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Site just created recently, they're aiming to be the new CapGeek of sorts. There were a lot of errors that were fixed but it still looks like there may be some around. Site is still pretty basic but they're adding new features at some point including something similar to the armchair GM feature CapGeek had. At the least, it's good for quick reference and the site layout isn't too bad.

General Fanager is an independent compiler of the latest news and contract information for the National Hockey League. We reference and follow news reported by all credible major outlets, reporters and hockey sites in the industry, citing and crediting those resources on every occasion.

For its initial launch, General Fanager offers fans the ability to review current and historical contracts for all 30 NHL teams and all of their active players. General Fanager also serves consolidated information on free agents and offers a concise summary of each team’s draft picks. In upcoming updates, General Fanager will offer advanced tools for salary cap analysis and team management, including the ability to customize rosters to determine their cap compliance.

If you have noticed a mistake on General Fanager, have new contract information you’d like to point us to, or have any other inquiries, please reach out to us on Twitter @GeneralFanager or by email at [email protected].

General Fanager is inspired by the incredible work of CapGeek and its founder. CapGeek was the leading source for all NHL salary and cap information until it ceased operations in January 2015. As avid users of CapGeek, we have missed the valuable information and tools it provided, and are aiming to bring that back as much as possible to the hockey community. CapGeek will always be the leader, but we hope to help in carrying on its legacy as much as possible. If you enjoy using General Fanager or previously frequented CapGeek, please consider donating to Colon Cancer Canada, the Terry Fox Foundation or the Canadian Cancer Society.

http://www.generalfanager.com/

https://twitter.com/generalfanager

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
theres some mistakes. Mark Borowieki for ottawa has a few more years left on a 1.1 mil cap hit contract. Quite a few mistakes actually but im glad more of these are poping up and im glad this creator was so complimentary of cap geek

Felt weird seeing Dimitri Megalinsky, Vitali Atyushov and some other russians listed for ottawa under other

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
The name is terrible, but I'm glad this site exists. My only quibble (based on a cursory look) is that it doesn't show the current year's cap hit. It would be nice to have that there for comparisons sake for free agents.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Terrible name but forgiveable if they can be the new Cap Geek.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I love that it has NMC and NTC , which NHLnumbers doesn't have.

Doesn't have details though (although for Capgeek those weren't solidly known exactly)

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Jesus, Buffalo has $40 million in cap space. I really hope Tim Murray doesn't do anything stupid.

Kale Makar

Lets go Aves?
Apr 17, 2013
Denver, CO
The name is terrible, but I'm glad this site exists. My only quibble (based on a cursory look) is that it doesn't show the current year's cap hit. It would be nice to have that there for comparisons sake for free agents.

It shows the current salary in the player's specific page.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Pretty sure it's a scrape of the remains of the CapGeek and then trying to correct from there.
For Ottawa, has Hammond incorrectly listed as RFA and doesn't have the details of Anderson's extension (signed last August)

sayheykid

Jun 12, 2010
I'm not sure if anyone in the thread has mentioned it yet, but the name is stupid.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
I don't have a problem with the name. Really like the site, think it'll be great after some updates. Really easy site layout.

discordant concord

Jan 13, 2010
Temples of Syrinx
Great site! Obviously a work in progress, but awesome nonetheless. The tribute to CapGeek is moving and the correct thing to do. That site was incredibly important and changed the game.

I think the name should be changed though. It's not a big deal, but it doesn't really roll off the tongue like CapGeek did. Try to imagine hockey pundits like Elliotte Friedman saying General Fanager live on the air. Other than having good value a good name is highly important when marketing a product. IMO you probably will never find a name that is better than CapGeek, but the name should at least try to be short and convey what the site is all about.

How about CapGM, ArmchairGM, ArmchairCap, RoomforCap, CapRoom, CapSpace or Capology, or something along those lines.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad