Providence Bruins General Discussion VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
It’s my understanding that Andersson and his camp want to be in Providence, but some in the organization just don’t think he’s ready for the AHL— I agree with those who think that. I simply don’t think he’s ready for action against this competition and should be dealt with a great deal of patience.

Andersson needs to be logging heavy, intense minutes and he just won’t be able to get that in Providence, especially with Petrovic in the picture now.

You have Vaakanainen, Zboril, Zech, Lauzon, Petrovic, Breen, Didier, Petrovic *and* Sherman in Providence— where does Andersson fit there? He doesn’t.
Imo what he needs is specific heavy intense training then quality playing minutes.

If he doesn't get that in the A I think his choice will be to go to Sweden. Where they concentrate more on training than playing.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
I've already posted multiple times my views on it.
Imo Andersson should play ahead of career AHL'ers.
He is an Important prospect and should be handled accordingly.
I don't think the Bruins have a ton of career AHL'ers in Providence.

Zboril, Lauzon, Vaakanainen, Zech aren't career AHL'ers. Sherman might not be. Petrovic is heading back down after a few years in the NHL. Didier and Breen I'll give you, but there's a very good chance someone like Kampfer from the Bruins heads back down when Miller and Moore are back.

Andersson isn't going to get slotted above those guys and needs consistent playing time. Breen and Petrovic could go to the ECHL, but with this influx of youth in Providence, they need their leadership vets and Breen has pretty consistently been wearing an A.

Its starting to get pretty crowded down there.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I don't think the Bruins have a ton of career AHL'ers in Providence.

Zboril, Lauzon, Vaakanainen, Zech aren't career AHL'ers. Sherman might not be. Petrovic is heading back down after a few years in the NHL. Didier and Breen I'll give you, but there's a very good chance someone like Kampfer from the Bruins heads back down when Miller and Moore are back.

Andersson isn't going to get slotted above those guys and needs consistent playing time. Breen and Petrovic could go to the ECHL, but with this influx of youth in Providence, they need their leadership vets and Breen has pretty consistently been wearing an A.

Its starting to get pretty crowded down there.
Something gotta give.

BruinsNetwork

Something gotta give.

Yes and that something is the 19-year-old defenseman who just isn’t ready for that level yet.

This isn’t the same case as someone like Vaakanainen who was dominating at his position in the league he was playing in at the same age. Andersson wasn’t really separating himself last year in Allsvenskan and hasn’t done enough to do so in camps this year either, IMO.

I’m not as high on him as others, but there’s still potential there and I think going to the CHL is the right move for him a this stage. He needs to play somewhere they can deploy him regularly each night and play in all situations— he literally won’t get that chance in Providence.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Yes and that something is the 19-year-old defenseman who just isn’t ready for that level yet.

This isn’t the same case as someone like Vaakanainen who was dominating at his position in the league he was playing in at the same age. Andersson wasn’t really separating himself last year in Allsvenskan and hasn’t done enough to do so in camps this year either, IMO.

I’m not as high on him as others, but there’s still potential there and I think going to the CHL is the right move for him a this stage. He needs to play somewhere they can deploy him regularly each night and play in all situations— he literally won’t get that chance in Providence.

He'll be press box or 3rd pairing, limited minutes in Providence. I just don't see how that's better for his development than Moncton, even if it is a lower caliber league.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
He'll be press box or 3rd pairing, limited minutes in Providence. I just don't see how that's better for his development than Moncton, even if it is a lower caliber league.
It's about the caliber of the teaching plus it will/would be personalized.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton

Selfishly I hope he comes here so I can watch him play! Wildcats need a top 4 dmen

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I may have to see some extra games in Hartford just to see Lauko this year. I truly believe he would be on a handful of NHL teams opening night rosters. He was my dark horse this year and although he didn't make it, he didn't disappoint.
There sure are some stupid NHL teams that love to rush their prospects, fortunately Boston is not one of them though.

Lauko is not NHL ready, I am surprised how much love he gets on this board. I would be surprised if he's an impact player in the AHL. Good prospect though, progressing well for a 3rd rounder (still don't understand how he fell there, should have been a sure-fire 2nd rounder.)

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

At the end of the day, if the player isn't really ready for the league, then it's not his best option. Going to Moncton allows Boston to add a contract if need be. It will also allow him to play big minutes and all situations there, something he will not get in Providence. The caliber of teaching in Providence may be better, but if he's not able to utilize it in games, how does it help? Boston wouldn't send him to Moncton if they didn't think he'd get used properly, or if they didn't think he'd get adequate teaching/coaching there.

Reactions: PepeBostones

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
If he was going to Moncton he'd be there by now,they've already started their season and Providence is still in camp mode and they certainly don't need numbers to make practice work.
I think he's staying

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
There sure are some stupid NHL teams that love to rush their prospects, fortunately Boston is not one of them though.

Lauko is not NHL ready, I am surprised how much love he gets on this board. I would be surprised if he's an impact player in the AHL. Good prospect though, progressing well for a 3rd rounder (still don't understand how he fell there, should have been a sure-fire 2nd rounder.)
Be honest when was the last time you saw him play?

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
At the end of the day, if the player isn't really ready for the league, then it's not his best option. Going to Moncton allows Boston to add a contract if need be. It will also allow him to play big minutes and all situations there, something he will not get in Providence. The caliber of teaching in Providence may be better, but if he's not able to utilize it in games, how does it help? Boston wouldn't send him to Moncton if they didn't think he'd get used properly, or if they didn't think he'd get adequate teaching/coaching there.
He's already under contract.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

John Torchetti is an excellent coach as is Darryl Boyce in Moncton. Besides, the Bruins will be in constant contact by either their Q scouts or Jammie Langenbrunner and Chris Kelly on what he needs to work on.

There are plenty of coaches in the CHL I would rather have developing my players over coaches in the AHL. To say he won't get coaching in Moncton is, well, asinine.

Give me a player developed by Dale Hunter or Stan Butler over players developed by 99% of the coaches in the A.

And to @Saxon Eric

Moncton is not in a normal situation. They have two potential players coming to them under NHL contract that would require an import spot. They only have room for one, so they are going to have to make a deal once their NHL clubs decide what to do. And those teams are cognizant of that fact and will give Moncton management the time they need.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
John Torchetti is an excellent coach as is Darryl Boyce in Moncton. Besides, the Bruins will be in constant contact by either their Q scouts or Jammie Langenbrunner and Chris Kelly on what he needs to work on.

There are plenty of coaches in the CHL I would rather have developing my players over coaches in the AHL. To say he won't get coaching in Moncton is, well, asinine.

Give me a player developed by Dale Hunter or Stan Butler over players developed by 99% of the coaches in the A.

And to @Saxon Eric

Moncton is not in a normal situation. They have two potential players coming to them under NHL contract that would require an import spot. They only have room for one, so they are going to have to make a deal once their NHL clubs decide what to do. And those teams are cognizant of that fact and will give Moncton management the time they need.
What team or teams still has room for another import at this stage of the season?

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Took a look at the roster of Moncton Wildcats seeing their both imports played last night (Sunday). They are Manuel Alberg (Ger) and Alexander Khovanov (Rus). Khovanov was drafted after Axel Andersson at 86th overall. But he was drafted 2nd overall in the 2017 import draft by Moncton. He seems to be an important cog for Moncton so I guess they will try and move Alberg then. Khovanov has three goals and two assist in his first two games back from Minnesota Wild. He also had a fight. Moncton have a very young defense and certainly could use Axel.

I agree with BruinsNetwork on Axel. I was surprised he hung on so long last year. I expected alot more from Axel last season even though he was a rookie in the second tier (Allsvenskan) here in Sweden. He didn't take charge on defense, often seemed to hesitate whether to jump in play or stay which resulted in him ended up in between. He relied alot on his terrific skating. Axel needs to mature in body and in mind. Certainly needs to pack some muscle to gain strength.

Like with most young players confidence is perhaps the most important thing and he could get a ton of that if playing a lot of minutes every game. On power play and shorthanded he should be able to eventually become a dominant player in QMJHL to be AHL ready in 2020. Some players take longer to mature and develop. We've seen that many times and the Bruins are in no need to rush players at all, especially on defense.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i've been a lauko fan since early in his draft year, and think he's gonna be an
elite 3rd liner in the NHL. love his combination of speed/skill/jam/enthusiasm.
he may be young for the AHL, and there will be growing pains, but i like the idea
of him playing there. especially with how deep this providence team will be - they
should be pretty successful, and you can sit him down here and there when needed.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

And to @Saxon Eric

I'll repeat what I said.
I'd rather have Andersson developed by our organization instead of any other coaches in any other league.

Now... I understand that it might not be possible, or Andersson isn't ready for the A, or for any other reason.

But, like I said since the beginning I hope its Providence.
If not, I'm still ok with it. I know the organization his high on Andersson and they don't want to rush him.

Reactions: PepeBostones

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

To bad Senyshyn wasn't intitle to this support from Bruins.
Since they've been working on his game for years now.
He got to Providence as a really rough prospect.

Between Providence or Moncton coaching bruins prospects who do you think will do a better job?

Too bad the only one we had developed by Dale Hunter was Jared Knight.
Of course I won't blame Hunter for Knight shortcomings.

And to @Saxon Eric

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Right now, I would rather the coaches in Moncton, with Bruins input, develop Andersson. At least for this season. They can work with him on all aspects of his game right now, an opportunity he won't get in Providence. And that's over and above all the contractual reasons that favor Moncton over Providence, which also has to play a factor.

Actually, don't forget Seth Griffith. Knight didn't come without issues. Hunter tried to work with him, but some players just won't buy into it. I won't say Knight was another Jesse Gabrielle because he wasn't. But like Gabrielle, there was something else there that you and 99.9% of the people here aren't aware of.

As for Senyshyn, I still think he'll carve out a productive NHL career. I know many here think he's a bust. We clamor for a 23 year old NCAA graduate to be on the roster because "he's finally ready" but we are just as quick to call a junior player a bust at age 21 because he's not. I also know the immediate reaction will be to look at draft position, but there's a whole different set of circumstances on when to draft a player from the NCAA versus the USHL, CHL or Europe.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Right now, I would rather the coaches in Moncton, with Bruins input, develop Andersson. At least for this season. They can work with him on all aspects of his game right now, an opportunity he won't get in Providence. And that's over and above all the contractual reasons that favor Moncton over Providence, which also has to play a factor.

Agreed

Actually, don't forget Seth Griffith. Knight didn't come without issues. Hunter tried to work with him, but some players just won't buy into it. I won't say Knight was another Jesse Gabrielle because he wasn't. But like Gabrielle, there was something else there that you and 99.9% of the people here aren't aware of.

Agreed

As for Senyshyn, I still think he'll carve out a productive NHL career. I know many here think he's a bust. We clamor for a 23 year old NCAA graduate to be on the roster because "he's finally ready" but we are just as quick to call a junior player a bust at age 21 because he's not. I also know the immediate reaction will be to look at draft position, but there's a whole different set of circumstances on when to draft a player from the NCAA versus the USHL, CHL or Europe.

The reason I mentioned Senyshyn is, why didn't the Soo Greyhounds developed Senyshyn with the Bruins input. The same way Moncton would develop Andersson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad