Providence Bruins General Discussion VI - Providence AHL affilation with B's extended until 2029

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Massive win
Senyshyn could have had 5 goals,still needs work with D zone coverage
Lauzon strong
Back at it tomorrow night

What?

I mean what has he been doing down there for the last three years? With getting all those quality defensive minutes on the 3rd and 4th lines??? :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: chizzler

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
What?

I mean what has he been doing down there for the last three years getting all those quality defensive minutes on the 3rd and 4th lines??? :sarcasm:

The one thing that always stood out watching Zach is "urgency" and "pace". He needs to be harder on the puck / faster decision making / and positioning. Too me he appears to play the permitter. I haven't watched him enough this year to say he's changed. Saw him live in TO last year and thought he played ok but still perimeter playing.

He hasn't had that opportunity to play top line minutes however I understood from good sources the bruins are grooming him for 3/4 line role. He's frustrated however he needs to earn it to make it.

Next year is a big year for him.

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Headed out tonight, will watch tomorrow morning
Should be a good game and if up to me I'd go back with Vladar

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Will post some updates here for tonight's game in Hershey.

Fitzgerald-Swzarz-Carey
Cumisey-Zboril
MacIntyre

Stempniak continues to score at a good rate, Providence up 1-0 early. His sixth goal in 15 games.

I haven't commented on many games lately, but I do agree with the others that have noted Zboril has really bounced back since his injury. He looks great out there, but with all the other left-handed shots on D in the system, will he get a chance?

Is that Bruno Sammartino on color commentary for Hershey? My bleedin' ears.

Hershey has taken over the play since they went on the PP. They haven't scored, yet.

Blidh is getting the full Marchand treatment by the refs nowadays. He was punched in the head and crosschecked by Liam O'Brien on the same shift, no call on either play.

Refs finally call a cross check on O'Brien (against Stempniak this time) and Providence goes to the PP with 4:05 left in the first.

Providence will start the second with some PP time after a double-minor for high-sticking to Barber
1-0 after one.

Zech levels a Hershey player with an open ice hip check and ignites a quick scrum. Gloves stay on though. I think Hershey knows "six foot seven Chris Breen" is not in the lineup tonight and is trying to rough up Providence a bit.

Providence on the PP again and really needs to take advantage of these opportunities. Still 1-0 Providence midway through the second.

Providence limits Hershey to just a couple of shots in the second and hold on to a 1-0 lead. PBs need to make some adjustments on their PP---they're o for 5 tonight. Senyshyn is being used as a net front presence, looking for tip ins and rebounds, but nothing doing so far.

Hershey ties it up early in the third. Providence needs to find an extra gear here.

Hershey outworks Providence and takes a 2-1 lead in the third. Paging Clifton and Kuhlman?

Providence going on the PP with 2:36 left in the third.

MacIntyre pulled, Blidh hits the crossbar. :38 left.

Hershey takes it 2-1. Bruins had their chances but had no finish. 2 points on the 3 game road trip.

Last edited:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
honestly I dont get when offensively talented kids cant learn defense and consistent effort. you look at the money you get from an nhl career compared to what you get if you never make it

is it fun to battle every shift? watch your diet? live clean? dedicate to hockey 24/7?

for some I guess its fun... for most it prob isnt fun but if theres a 10-40 million dollar career earnings for the next 10 years if you pay your dues and make the nhl… how can these kids not get it?

its such a shame when guys with real offensive skill... never learn how to become useful players at the nhl. lets hope senyshyn is a late bloomer and we all get rewarded for our patience.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
honestly I dont get when offensively talented kids cant learn defense and consistent effort. you look at the money you get from an nhl career compared to what you get if you never make it

is it fun to battle every shift? watch your diet? live clean? dedicate to hockey 24/7?

for some I guess its fun... for most it prob isnt fun but if theres a 10-40 million dollar career earnings for the next 10 years if you pay your dues and make the nhl… how can these kids not get it?

its such a shame when guys with real offensive skill... never learn how to become useful players at the nhl. lets hope senyshyn is a late bloomer and we all get rewarded for our patience.

If only it was this black or white.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Providence vs Hershey
In
Cooper Zech
Wiley Sherman
Mark McNeill

Still in Tommy Marchin

Out
Breen
Percy
Smith ????
McIntyre starts
Still no sign of Victor Berglund

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
4 minute PP to close period 1
Providence doing ok
Frederic line looks good as does the JFK line
After 1
Providence 1 Hershey 0

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I've been offered the opportunity to cover Bruins prospects for a major publication starting next season. Don't know if I want to travel that much at my age . It would mean a lot of trips to Providence.

Would love to sit at games with you bud.
Providence is a nice city after undergoing a rejuvenation and rerouting the river which flows downtown. You’re only an hour from Boston.

Would love to get some input from you on Bs prospects but would miss OHL and CHL coverage you provide.

Reactions: Friar85

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I've been offered the opportunity to cover Bruins prospects for a major publication starting next season. Don't know if I want to travel that much at my age . It would mean a lot of trips to Providence.

Would love to sit at games with you bud.
kinda torn here Dom, you are my go to on all that is OHL so there`s that however, Eric and BruinsNetwork are carrying the load down there in Providence so they may need a "3rd Amigo" to lighten their load despite their terrific updates and coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad