Providence Bruins General Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
Needs more context but I've heard the same from some folk I know close to the situation.

Zach isn't alone in a league full of prospects thinking they're being overlooked - it's a tough road/ain't easy. I'm guessing this is his way of letting the bruins know he wants to be traded...

BTW it's pretty obvious to see NCAA players Donato, JFK, Bjork had some preferable treatment and that would be bothersome to any prospect not NCAA special.
All of the guys you cite were NCAA guys but that's not the reason for their relative preferred treatment. They are all significantly better players. I like the effort level from Zach but the kid has serious holes in his game. He is nowhere near NHL ready.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
All of the guys you cite were NCAA guys but that's not the reason for their relative preferred treatment. They are all significantly better players. I like the effort level from Zach but the kid has serious holes in his game. He is nowhere near NHL ready.

Wasn't Zach the dude that camp to his first preseason camp and failed a simple run test? Him being one of the first to fail?

The other thing that bothers me is the all important interview that takes place between draft eligible players at the combine....Bruins always seem to place so much emphasis on this aspect of the process...Well here we are with one Donato and Zachary a little blah in their treatment thus far...Does this mean the recruitment process is flawed? What did Barzal say to turn off Gretzky Don and Neely?

When you have three picks in a row first round pick one riskier slightly outside the box player (Debrusk), and 2 top ranked (Zboril) then Barzal.

So frustrating!.

Reactions: Fenian24

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Wasn't Zach the dude that camp to his first preseason camp and failed a simple run test? Him being one of the first to fail?

The other thing that bothers me is the all important interview that takes place between draft eligible players at the combine....Bruins always seem to place so much emphasis on this aspect of the process...Well here we are with one Donato and Zachary a little blah in their treatment thus far...Does this mean the recruitment process is flawed? What did Barzal say to turn off Gretzky Don and Neely?

When you have three picks in a row first round pick one riskier slightly outside the box player (Debrusk), and 2 top ranked (Zboril) then Barzal.

So frustrating!.
You are right about the failed test run, however you didn’t finish, Zboril and DeBrusk also failed that same test at the same time.

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013

So frustrating!.
I honestly don't get to worked up about the draft stuff. It is a crapshoot. Hadn't seen Barzal, Chabot, Zboril or Seny enough to have an opinion. I was disappointed they didn't take Connor. I had seen him a bit and had friends in the USHL who swore up and down he would be a star. Would be interested in the backstory as to why they passed on him.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
An out of context tweet with no article following to give it the full context. Yeah...that’s clickbait bull****. Irresponsible. Zero journalistic integrity

See ya

I'm neutral on this matter

but why would Fluto report this to get likes?

his integrity would be on the line

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Not a good look Fluto.

giphy.gif

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
It's a good article. Nice quotes from Leach on both Seny and Zboril. Seny said nothing wrong, using being passed over as motivation. Leach basically said it is going to take some time with Seny but he complimented his progress.

so folks here jumped the gun

But I could see how a one line tweet like that could cause confusion

end of the day Seny is still really young. Worse case if he strikes out in getting a chance with the parent team, he will likely get a shot somewhere else

He just has to work hard, study the game, work on adding mass. "fit" "coaching" style definitely could not be a match

look at Vatrano

Reactions: DKH and FanSince72

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
So yeah, Fluto screwed the pooch with his tweet. What a knob. The article was actually good once you got past the :deadhorse

Poor Senyshyn, though. He can't do a thing about who drafted him and when, so no matter what happens, he will always be the guy the Bruins took instead of player X. I hope he grows into a a reliable middle 6 scoring wing with two-way skills. We'd be happy with most middle 1st round draft picks to turn out so well, except for this draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: DKH and FanSince72

member 96824

Any word from that guy who was burying him post after post last night because of one line of an article he hadn’t read?

Classic.

Also F Fluto

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Let's put Fluto right in with Haggs and Felger as just spewing useless information that should NOT be given any daylight. He lost all credibility with this BS approach, stick to the foodie instagram account.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
I'm not sure if this has been posted here yet but Cameron Hughes will be out for the next 4 weeks with a knee injury. Also the P-Bruins lost last night in OT 5-4. The goals were scored by Carey, Smith, Szwarz, and another one by Carey. They play tonight and as soon as I find out the lineup I will post it.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
After 1 its 1-0 P-Bruins. Stempniak with the goal. The P-Bruins had a 5-3 PP at the beginning of the game that they were unable to convert on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad