Providence Bruins General Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I don't where he stands. I doubt he beats out Halak for a spot, but I see him re-signed because the Bruins will need him under contract for the expansion draft at worst.
I can see keeping him for the expansion draft. Halak’s contract will be up. Bs protect Rask and leave Mac exposed. How about Vladar? Will he be eligible for the draft?

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Did someone just say 3-2? Carey and Zboril.
They lost 3-2 you have the goal scorers right and Fitz played, he assisted with Breen and Smith. Vlader was in the net.

Scoring
1st
15:28CHAZach Nastasiuk (4) ASST: Janne Kuokkanen (23), Morgan Geekie (15)
2nd
1:45CHAPatrick Brown (11) ASST: Dan Renouf (14), Martin Necas (21)
7:40CHAJulien Gauthier (15) ASST: Dan Renouf (15), Nick Schilkey(14)
3rd
3:18PROPaul Carey (11) ASST: Chris Breen (8), Ryan Fitzgerald (20)
4:01PROJakub Zboril (4) ASST: Gemel Smith (14)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Penalties
1st
05:39PROMark McNeill, Holding, 2 min PP
09:03CHAJulien Gauthier, Slashing, 2 min PP
2nd
04:41PROCameron Hughes, High-sticking, 2 min PP
11:13PROJakub Zboril, Slashing, 2 min PP
16:52CHAHaydn Fleury, Roughing, 2 min
16:52CHAAndrew Poturalski, Roughing, 2 min
16:52PROAnton Blidh, Roughing, 2 min
16:52PROCameron Hughes, Served by Joona Koppanen, Slashing, 2 min PP
16:52PROEmil Johansson, Roughing, 2 min
3rd
14:01CHATrevor Carrick, Hooking, 2 min PP
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Charlotte Checkers Penalty Shots
#Shooter#GoaltenderPeriodTimeGoal?
7Aleksi Saarela30Dan Vladar310:39No
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Providence Bruins Penalty Shots
#Shooter#GoaltenderPeriodT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Trizz617 and CDJ

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
From last nights game reading Hughes left the game and Senyshyn went hobbling to the bench...

more injuries?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Canucks hated the pick,they wanted Cliff Ronning's kid in the 7th round,he went on to score 61 goals his final year in junior

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Well, I hope the high ranking scouts who were at the game were there to watch the Thunderbirds, because there was nothing to see on the Providence side.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Went to the game today. Not the best performance, but a few notes anyway:

Vaakanainen - best player on the team by a good margin. Scouting report on him is wrong, has great offensive instincts. Looks very thin though, so not much physical game and not a heavy shot.

Zboril - paired with Vaak and the two played rally well together. Got a ton of ice time. Actually caused Z to wear down by the end, which is a knock on him. Does have great poise with the puck, and instincts in all three zones. Heavy shot, but overpasses on the blue line.

Donato - did not look good at all. If he isn't scoring, just not very involved. Has a habit of gliding a lot.

Fitzgerald - looks really sharp. Quick, skilled and smart. Could be our forward version of Grzelcyk. Needs a look in the NHL soon.

Senyshyn - has similar problems to Donato. Doesn't do much if he isn't on a scoring chance. Did sprint the full length of the ice on a set play and it was awe inspiring.

Stempniak - clearly a NHL experienced player. Super strong on the puck at this level, and poised too.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Went to the game today. Not the best performance, but a few notes anyway:

Vaakanainen - best player on the team by a good margin. Scouting report on him is wrong, has great offensive instincts. Looks very thin though, so not much physical game and not a heavy shot.

Zboril - paired with Vaak and the two played rally well together. Got a ton of ice time. Actually caused Z to wear down by the end, which is a knock on him. Does have great poise with the puck, and instincts in all three zones. Heavy shot, but overpasses on the blue line.

Donato - did not look good at all. If he isn't scoring, just not very involved. Has a habit of gliding a lot.

Fitzgerald - looks really sharp. Quick, skilled and smart. Could be our forward version of Grzelcyk. Needs a look in the NHL soon.

Senyshyn - has similar problems to Donato. Doesn't do much if he isn't on a scoring chance. Did sprint the full length of the ice on a set play and it was awe inspiring.

Stempniak - clearly a NHL experienced player. Super strong on the puck at this level, and poised too.

I'm guessing some of us were worried Donato falls into a meh so so performer in AHL...He better pick it up. Going to be competing with more and more prospects each year.

Reactions: FanSince72

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I can see keeping him for the expansion draft. Halak’s contract will be up. Bs protect Rask and leave Mac exposed. How about Vladar? Will he be eligible for the draft?

Sorry missed this, but I don't know for sure. I think he won't be exempt . Looking at the expansion rules, all 1st and 2nd year NHL players are exempt, but Vladar will be an RFA at the end of contract year 3 at the time. The Bruins would have to give him a qualifying offer in order to make him available, though. I guess it depends on how they see his development? If they think Vladar can be an NHL goalie, then I guess they re-sign Zane so as not to have to expose him.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I’m leery on moving donato. If he was doing what he’s doing now 2 years ago I’d pounce on trading him but with frank Vatrano looking like a lost cause here for his first few seasons and seemingly figuring it out in Florida this year, I’m willing to be a little more patient with snipers who float. I’d give him 2 more seasons, this is his 1st year pro after all.

Reactions: Tampbear

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I’m leery on moving donato. If he was doing what he’s doing now 2 years ago I’d pounce on trading him but with frank Vatrano looking like a lost cause here for his first few seasons and seemingly figuring it out in Florida this year, I’m willing to be a little more patient with snipers who float. I’d give him 2 more seasons, this is his 1st year pro after all.

Vatrano and Donato aren't comparable to me.... Vatrano can actually skate. Donato's skating is horrendous. Hopefully he can work on it if he sticks around, but seeing he plays LW (where Boston has prospects/young players there already) if the right deal came along that helps the big club, and they want Donato, sayonara!!

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Vatrano and Donato aren't comparable to me.... Vatrano can actually skate. Donato's skating is horrendous. Hopefully he can work on it if he sticks around, but seeing he plays LW (where Boston has prospects/young players there already) if the right deal came along that helps the big club, and they want Donato, sayonara!!

You really think his skating is that bad? That's interesting care to elaborate?

He's certainly not terribly strong on his skates but he seems to have decent wheels anytime I've watched him.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

He's certainly not terribly strong on his skates but he seems to have decent wheels anytime I've watched him.

I know you didn`t ask me but that`s never stopped me from responding before:laugh:

I would like to see Donato work on his first few strides, there is little to no explosion there, once he gets going his speed is solid but he doesn`t have that step in him now to separate

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

He's not strong on his skates, and his first few steps are just mediocre. I find his skating style awkward and choppy as well.

Reactions: DrJustice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad