Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Went to the game last night. Haven't been to the place for about 20 years now.

Cheapest seat at box office, $30. WOW! I was surprised.

Of course, once in you could sit anywhere you wanted. Talk about playing before freinds & family. Checked the attendance today and they claimed there were 3,885 fans there. I chuckled.

Found the game to be lacking in physical contact. As I recall, weeknight AHL games are often slow moving affairs. It was a Wednesday night game in New Haven long ago that the crowd chanted "both teams suck" midway through the 2nd period.

As for the Bruins, I was surprised to see praise for Lysell here. He did not impress me at all. Can he do anything but skate fast? Merkelov looked like the more talented player. His game wiining goal was vintage Marchand one-timer on the PP from the circle. Excellent puck control. Kuntar showed nice hands jumping on a loose puck in front to score. He was also one of the few players (on either team) that played like he wanted to get to the next level. Ryan Walsh showed a lot of smarts and excellent mobility. Wastes of space: Renouf, Harrison, Arseneau and Boqvist.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Went to the game last night. Haven't been to the place for about 20 years now.

Cheapest seat at box office, $30. WOW! I was surprised. Of course, once in you could sit anywhere you wanted. Talk about playing before freinds & family. Checked the attendance today and they claimed there were 3,885 fans there. I chuckled.
Reading this as I watch an empty arena in Florida as the Panthers take on the Leafs. Literally a hundred empty seats along the glass alone.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Comp? I thought he looked better the 2nd pre season game he played with the parent team.
I don’t watch ahl games to be honest. I come here and click on the highlights other people add. The highlights @Saxon Eric posted is what I was referencing. He might be a better person to ask.

Reactions: rocketdan9

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
After 1
Providence up 1-0
Shots 10-3 🐻
Hershey much more physical than Providence
Bussi dialed in
I've had enough of Renouf
Beautiful goal by Toporowski, shame he had such a shitty camp
I was a big Ethan Frank guy his last year at Western Michigan but after watching him live twice I didn't think he'd have the foot speed to be successful in the pro ranks, anyways on his way to scoring 30 goals his rookie season he also won fastest skater in the AHL All Star competition...

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
After 2 2-1 Hershey
Shots 19-9 🐻
Providence getting out muscled
Kuntar with some strong PK efforts
Looking forward to Kuntar Beecher Lauko in 2024
Lots (not all) of P Bruin forwards won't go to the dirty areas of the ice
And the feed goes down

Reactions: dangermike

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
And down goes Providence 3-2
Renouf from Boquist
Lohrei terrible giveaway but thankfully Bussi saved
Hershey plays big boy hockey,Providence does not

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
That game had no business being as close as it was. It looked like a varsity vs. JV game. A lot of uninspired play from the B's (especially upfront). A few comments:

-- Boqvist: 1 assist, -1, 2 minor penalties in 4 games. He has done nothing to warrant as much ice time as he has been getting (especially on the PP). If Providence isn't going to get production from the vets, then Mougenel might as well just play the kids (fat chance).
-- Kuntar was the PB's best player tonight. He was physical and not afraid to mix it up. He deserves more ice time.
-- Toporowski was a close second. He's one of the few players who looked like they gave a s*** tonight. There's no good reason these two guys aren't seeing more ice.
-- Merkulov was downright bad on Wednesday night before his laser one-time GWG. He wasn't much better tonight. Awful drop pass to no one at his own blue line led to a penalty which led to Hershey's first goal of the game. Another awful flub of a pass at the point on a late PP to clear it for the PK. He needs to step it up.
-- Lysell had a nice set up for a Brazeau one-timer early in the game but did basically nothing the rest of the night. He's shown more pep in his step so far this year but too many plays are dying on his stick for my liking.
-- Lohrei still has a lot of work to do on puck management before he's ready for the big show. It hasn't necessarily bit him yet but he consistently has at least 1 egregious turnover each game -- and his offense hasn't been productive enough to offset it.

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
And down goes Providence 3-2
Renouf from Boquist
Lohrei terrible giveaway but thankfully Bussi saved
Hershey plays big boy hockey,Providence does not

Outmuscled
Outhustled
Too many bystanders
Embarrassing effort on home ice - outcoached!
Likely same line up tomorrow

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Wasn't somebody complaining about Arsenault being dressed? Sounds like they need more guys like him, not fewer.

Reactions: Dangleittus13

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
-- Lohrei still has a lot of work to do on puck management before he's ready for the big show. It hasn't necessarily bit him yet but he consistently has at least 1 egregious turnover each game -- and his offense hasn't been productive enough to offset it.
And there were some who wanted to trade Gryz and put Lohrei in his spot this season. This is why he is in the AHL and should get some seasoning there. I think he will be a good one for us, but no need to rush him- it takes as long as it takes. 20 games or 100.

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
Harrison comes out, Arseneau shifts to 4LW and Abate comes in at 4RW. Man, did Hall shit on someone’s cherrios? LMAO!
Regula comes back in with Callahan sitting. Keyser has the net.
Let’s go!!!

Reactions: Saxon Eric

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hall should be in Maine playing and building up his stats for a contract elsewhere

Yup if they don't want him in Providence, then why not free him

I never looked at the Maine roster until now. I didn't realize how old the ECHL is. only 5 guys who played for Maine last night are younger than Hall, and 13 of them are more than 3 years older than Hall

Last edited:

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020

I never looked at the Maine roster until now. I didn't realize how old the ECHL is. only 5 guys who played for Maine last night are younger than Hall, and 13 of them are more than 3 years older than Hall
Senior citizen development lol

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Yeah it’s not and never has been much of a developmental league. It’s a place for guys to have professional careers who are not good enough for the AHL or NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad