Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
Lysell missing 2 wide wide open nets to tie the game at the end...Kid is nervous.
Hate to be critical after only 2 games but I feel like we’re getting out-coached already! Game 1 Brazeau out on the PK with under a minute and he gives the puck away which led to the tying goal. Tonite he has Abate, McLaughlin and Arseneau out late in the game and they give up the winner. That line was -2.
Lysell seems very off…literally missed 2 open nets late, kid seems to be gripping his stick to tight.
Merkulov has been okay
Brazeau has goose eggs after 2 games.
Kuntar is barely playing…
I really like Megna, Steen is playing strong and Topo making plays.

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
Excellent, more defensemen...
Hahaha…Renouf subs in tonite replacing Regula. Mast and Brunet still HS. Abate, Hall HS, Richard inj. Bussi resting with DiPetro getting the net tonite. Interesting he and Keyser fighting for 2nd spot…can’t see them running 3G all season.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'm starting to think one of the best things about Poitras making it to the NHL at 19, is he'll never have to skate 4th line in Providence with a couple AHL lifers

Hey, you never know. Even Pasta was sent to Providence ( twice! ) in his first couple of years after making the team.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Lysell should have got first star

He was looking to create not dominate

When he got the puck he used his strengths - hands, quickness, and vision to find teammates. He was drawing guys and distributing to open players.

This also led to a couple of golden chances for himself on rebounds and return passes

He plays like this he is a top 6 winger - likely second line

Lohrei also had a strong game - couple hiccups but pace was higher then game one I went to and skills evident

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019

When he got the puck he used his strengths - hands, quickness, and vision to find teammates. He was drawing guys and distributing to open players.

This also led to a couple of golden chances for himself on rebounds and return passes

Lohrei also had a strong game - couple hiccups but pace was higher then game one I went to and skills evident
Well maybe Lysell had to see what Poitras is doing with the Big club, to have him finally get it!
Whatever it is, I hope, he remains that engaged and works hard all the time.
G0 P-BRUINS!

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006

That's really encouraging. He is at least treading water with 2 points in 3 games. He needs a big season to stay anywhere close to on track for top 6 in the NHL.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe the cobwebs have finally cleared.
I was saying this to Lou a few days ago

When Bergeron came back from concussion that took him out all year he was noticeably different and scored 8 goals in 61 games. The following year he was back to what he was - took two years. Those were the wild days on HF those early days - and the infamous thread to trade Bergeron he’s damaged goods that @Ladyfan went off

Simon Gagne of Flyers same thing - was a 30 goal scorer got a bad concussion following year 8 goals 46 games - two years later was back to 47.

Lysell was a playmaking winger last night - he was also getting chances around net. He’s got to play that way. If opponents think he’s keeping they will close - if they know he’s distributing he will get more room to find room to go.

I’m assuming he’s feeling internal pressure and wants to score goals- but it’s how he plays and last night me and Eric thought he should have been first star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad