Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I'd love to bring in Jan Jenik from the Yotes as I've tracked him since OHL days. Huge ceiling, IMO, and I just feel he could pop in right environment.

He'd be cheap to get right now.

Edit: mmssed the Providence tag on this thread

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Eric - what are you basing your “mediocre” on? Based on you playing in the league? Watching games online? Word of mouth?
Just curious.

It's stocked with undrafted Juniors, Major and Jr A both, undrafted college guys, including some DIII, and late-round picks that never went anywhere. The best players are often the goalies because NHL teams need somewhere for them to play. Even then, those guys don't usually put up great numbers because the defending is so poor. It's AA hockey to use a baseball comparison.

This is no knock on the ECHL- it's entertaining, and the players are still among the best in the world compared to how many play the sport- but if you went to a game you would see exactly what Eric is talking about. By NHL standards the pace of play is much slower, the passes are often shit, the d-zone coverage is meh, the players are more inconsistent shift to shift etc.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Playing in the ECHL is a lot better than sitting on the bench in providence. And it is probably better than the competition in Juniors overall, but without the elite talent.

For someone like Brunet, I want him as the #1 PP QB, will that happen in the AHL? For Mast, I need him playing Carlo like minutes on the Penalty kill., and being used in all situations. Will that happen in the AHL.

I don't love them going to the ECHL, but I hate when i look down at Providence as see guys as health scratches, or players we are trying to develop as NHL guys playing 4th line, or 3rd pairing for 12 min.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
My early camp prediction

Toporowski Merkulov Lysell
Kuntar Beecher Tony Dick
Harrison McLaughlin Steen
Abate Megna Farinacci
Arseneau and Brazeau spares
Pederson, Hall and Lambert to Maine

Lohrei Mitchell
Callahan Walsh
Wotherspoon Regula
Renouf spare
Ritchie, Brunet and Mast to Maine

Bussi
?
?

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
My early camp prediction

Toporowski Merkulov Lysell
Kuntar Beecher Tony Dick
Harrison McLaughlin Steen
Abate Megna Farinacci
Arseneau and Brazeau spares
Pederson, Hall and Lambert to Maine

Lohrei Mitchell
Callahan Walsh
Wotherspoon Regula
Renouf spare
Ritchie, Brunet and Mast to Maine

Bussi
?
?
Solid line up! But do you really think Abate will play over Brazeau? Big B scored 15 last season, one of the teams top point producers…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad