Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He's getting good time, he doesn't look like the player that forced his way up to Boston, hopefully that guy returns for playoffs

The demotion sulks? As goofy as it sounds, I think sometimes the Bruins do this to guys on purpose to see how they handle it.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
The demotion sulks? As goofy as it sounds, I think sometimes the Bruins do this to guys on purpose to see how they handle it.
Been happening consistently for years now. I've been more positive about the guys showing up in Boston being able to play more so than in the past, but the demotion funk still being a thing should be a huge concern.

The fact they've ruined Lauko without even calling him up is one of life's great mysteries.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Been happening consistently for years now. I've been more positive about the guys showing up in Boston being able to play more so than in the past, but the demotion funk still being a thing should be a huge concern.

The fact they've ruined Lauko without even calling him up is one of life's great mysteries.
Oh ya it’s all the organizations fault when prospects can’t make the leap. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Oh ya it’s all the organizations fault when prospects can’t make the leap. :sarcasm:

Not most of the time- they are as capable of mishandling prospects as the next team, but they also need to see how these young players can handle adversity and setbacks. Guys getting the sulks is not a good look even when it is completely understandable.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Not most of the time- they are as capable of mishandling prospects as the next team, but they also need to see how these young players can handle adversity and setbacks. Guys getting the sulks is not a good look even when it is completely understandable.
Id hate for any organization to use that as a tool for every player, some kids could handle it and respond just they way they would like them to others not so much. All kids players are different and management needs to figure out what works best for each individual, and what may inspire one, could ruin another.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Id hate for any organization to use that as a tool for every player, some kids could handle it and respond just they way they would like them to others not so much. All kids players are different and management needs to figure out what works best for each individual, and what may inspire one, could ruin another.

Just speculating on my part though it isn't a far-fetched idea and if it is done, it is selective. There are a plenty of examples where they never got sent back down.

Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Re: Steen

He’s a 24-year-old professional player and went ice cold in his last 12 games in the NHL, posting just 1 goal without any assists. He was sent down because his game tapered off, both on the scoresheet and away from it, IMO.

I have time for Steen and remain a fan of his, but I really don’t see how Boston, Providence, Cassidy or Mougenel ruined him. If it’s him dogging it, then that’s not on anyone but himself. He had the opportunity and already made it to the show.

Re: Lauko

A fan of his talents and a bigger fan of his attitude, but I fail to see how anything in his game was oppressed or mishandled by Boston. He’s one of the best skaters they’ve got and is great at finding open space.

Good shot, good release, but focuses too much on trying to be a bruiser, fighter and grinder. I can really appreciate his attitude and tenacity, but he’s gotta focus on the offense again because I don’t see him being able to play a Blidh-style game in the NHL.

Lauko has been put in positions to score and drive offense for quite a bit of time now. He just hasn’t been producing and I don’t see how that’s on anyone but himself.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Re: Steen

He’s a 24-year-old professional player and went ice cold in his last 12 games in the NHL, posting just 1 goal without any assists. He was sent down because his game tapered off, both on the scoresheet and away from it, IMO.

I have time for Steen and remain a fan of his, but I really don’t see how Boston, Providence, Cassidy or Mougenel ruined him. If it’s him dogging it, then that’s not on anyone but himself. He had the opportunity and already made it to the show.

Re: Lauko

A fan of his talents and a bigger fan of his attitude, but I fail to see how anything in his game was oppressed or mishandled by Boston. He’s one of the best skaters they’ve got and is great at finding open space.

Good shot, good release, but focuses too much on trying to be a bruiser, fighter and grinder. I can really appreciate his attitude and tenacity, but he’s gotta focus on the offense again because I don’t see him being able to play a Blidh-style game in the NHL.

Lauko has been put in positions to score and drive offense for quite a bit of time now. He just hasn’t been producing and I don’t see how that’s on anyone but himself.
You wrote a lot there, but there's no disagreement. Of course it's on the player. How could anyone go about disputing that?

The question is why they seemingly all go into a deep funk after seeing time in Boston? We certainly can't do anything about it, but it'd be nice to know some of the reasons this is so consistently an issue. I swear Ahcan is the only one that has reacted positively to the Prov-Bos shuffle.

The Lauko bit was a joke, though he did completely hulk out over the offseason, which is always a terrible harbinger. See: Anders Bjork.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
After 1
0-0
Shots
12-7 Providence
Decent period overall
Hall and the 4th line were noticeable
Callahan drew a penalty
Berglund had a couple of shots

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
After 2
2-1 Syracuse
Shots
25-18 Providence
Bruins stopped skating last few minutes and were made to pay
Tons of chances, no finish
You would think with the amount of ice time Mougenel gives the veterans they would produce more...
Another bone of contention, why do all the other teams play their "new guys" but we dont?
Ugh

Reactions: Blade of Schmautz

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
4-1 loss
3 game losing streak
Back at it tomorrow vs a rested Bobby T and Brandon Scanlin @ 705pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad