Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Cameron Hughes: Probably not a center in the NHL, but a depth forward capable of playing the wing on the fourth-line? I could see it. He's slick, crafty and shifty on his feet when attacking, but he definitely doesn't shy way from contact, playing like Julian Edelman did in New England. As admirable as that sounds, his frame isn't exactly made to withstand constant hits from bigger guys– he just doesn't have the density, so it seems. Anyways, love his hustle and effort on a night-to-night basis in Providence. He's a good soldier for this organization who doesn't say boo.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Is there really any reason why they shouldn't send Steen down for a bit and give Seny an extended look? At worst he does nothing and then at that point do you really care much if he's claimed on waivers? Best case he actually plays well and gives them another option or trade chip.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Is there really any reason why they shouldn't send Steen down for a bit and give Seny an extended look? At worst he does nothing and then at that point do you really care much if he's claimed on waivers? Best case he actually plays well and gives them another option or trade chip.

Since he cleared at cut down time and hasn’t been up since you can bring him up for a stint and then send him back without waivers.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Steen is already in Providence

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
but you must maintain the 23 man roster. Right now nobody up there is waiver exempt. So, you still need to waive someone to stay 23 compliant.

Damn those NMCs :mad: Some GM is going to have to a set a precedent for not giving those except to franchise type players.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
but you must maintain the 23 man roster. Right now nobody up there is waiver exempt. So, you still need to waive someone to stay 23 compliant.

I know man. But when Bergy comes back and they send Jack down, they could call up Senyshyn for a few and he could go back down without waivers.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I know man. But when Bergy comes back and they send Jack down, they could call up Senyshyn for a few and he could go back down without waivers.

the math would work but I doubt they do it.
First they have all healthy right wingers.
Second, I suspect they simply arent going to ‘reward’ a kid demanding a trade. Thats my suspicion anyway.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
the math would work but I doubt they do it.
First they have all healthy right wingers.
Second, I suspect they simply arent going to ‘reward’ a kid demanding a trade. Thats my suspicion anyway.

The idea would be we’ve seen what Steen can do - let’s take a last look at Senyshyn. I’m not saying they’re going to do it either but point is they could if they wanted to keep Steen down for a spell.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
So until someone gets injured it just won’t happen.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Yep, I think we have a better chance at seeing the Mayor back before Seny. Which is sad because I thought the idea was to ice the best possible roster each night.
I think Mougenel works harder to get the Mayor back into the show as he does say a Curtis Hall or Brady Lyle

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I think Mougenel works harder to get the Mayor back into the show as he does say a Curtis Hall or Brady Lyle
Yeah I mean just based on how he deploys the Mayor I think that’s fair, wonder if that’s a him thing or a upper level thing. Not great for development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad