Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Interesting to hear you say this...Really too bad Leach was leeched away. I was hearing some good things about him.
Four Beliefs

1. Cassidy I believe in last year of contract

2. he’s not the guy to transition to next group

3. Cassidy needs to go deep to be considered for an extension

4. the next coach would be Providence College coach Nate Leaman with Jay Leach close second and wild card - Dave Quinn

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Other than putting in Keyser I wouldn’t change a thing from last nights lineup, that was the best they’ve played all year. Stick with whats hot for now.

Seriously, it’s probably time to start rotating Koppanen in and out more frequently, anyways. He’s fine at this level, but clearly having a replacement with more of a pulse rubbed off through the lineup.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Four Beliefs

1. Cassidy I believe in last year of contract

2. he’s not the guy to transition to next group

3. Cassidy needs to go deep to be considered for an extension

4. the next coach would be Providence College coach Nate Leaman with Jay Leach close second and wild card - Dave Quinn

I dont know why more and more people question that Cassidy can develop youth? Where is that bullcrap coming from? He is holding them accountable and wants them to play the right way. What wrong with that? Managment thinks this team is a contender so he has to coach them to win not to develop. Besides that Cassidy integrated a lot of prospects and they are still big parts of the team. He made an superstar out of Pasta, McAvoy became a elite defenseman under him, Carlo, Kuraly, Clifton, Gryz. DeBrusk, Bjork and Heinen did well in the beginning but regressed after that. Still I dont think this is his fault. There wasnt much good prospects left he could work with because of bad drafting. Which prospect that Cassidy didnt play left and became a great player? I cant think of one. That Cassidy cant develop prospects is a myth and just wrong.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I dont know why more and more people question that Cassidy can develop youth? Where is that bullcrap coming from? He is holding them accountable and wants them to play the right way. What wrong with that? Managment thinks this team is a contender so he has to coach them to win not to develop. Besides that Cassidy integrated a lot of prospects and they are still big parts of the team. He made an superstar out of Pasta, McAvoy became a elite defenseman under him, Carlo, Kuraly, Clifton, Gryz. DeBrusk, Bjork and Heinen did well in the beginning but regressed after that. Still I dont think this is his fault. There wasnt much good prospects left he could work with because of bad drafting. Which prospect that Cassidy didnt play left and became a great player? I cant think of one. That Cassidy cant develop prospects is a myth and just wrong.
On Kyprios & McLean Friday show they brought this up and they were getting it around NHL Cassidy problem with kids

@Saxon Eric heard it as well we both listened and the kids like Studnicka DeBrusk Seny etc were alluded to or outright named

that’s 4 high end hockey people commenting

We see it differently that’s all happens here and remember 95% of the board disagrees with my views on Hockey so you got a nice big support group

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If It’s fait accompli Nate Leaman or Jay Leach next coach I’m excited for DeBrusk, Senyshyn, and Zboril.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
On Kyprios & McLean Friday show they brought this up and they were getting it around NHL Cassidy problem with kids

@Saxon Eric heard it as well we both listened and the kids like Studnicka DeBrusk Seny etc were alluded to or outright named

We see it differently that’s all happens here and remember 95% of the board disagrees with my views on Hockey so you got a nice big support group

I am with those 5 % percent more often than with those 95 % :D just trying to make sense out of it this time. Is there a link on for the show on friday?

Still I dont see it. Cassidy developed a lot of youth. He was in Providence a lot of years. Maybe he is frustrated about the lack of quality this roster has. Maybe he reached his shell life. I dont know.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

for what it`s worth friend, I`m part of the 5% not 95%:thumbu:

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
I am with those 5 % percent more often than with those 95 % :D just trying to make sense out of it this time. Is there a link on for the show on friday?

Still I dont see it. Cassidy developed a lot of youth. He was in Providence a lot of years. Maybe he is frustrated about the lack of quality this roster has. Maybe he reached his shell life. I dont know.

Maybe it’s up to the individual player to develop themselves. Maybe they need to take advantage of the time they get and force his hand. Maybe they are expected to take somebody’s job. Maybe McAvoy and Pasta successfully did this and the others haven’t to this point.

At any rate, if Cassidy is let go with the express intent of developing younger players, it is a self-fulfilling prophecy. It would signal management’s acceptance that the team is not going to be competitive, and it is a totally different scenario from now where the young guys have to take a veteran’s job.

Personally, though I don’t think these players have earned the chance with our current strategy, I would rather drop the act, sell the vets, and let the kids play….ready or not…until we can restock our prospect for one or two seasons.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Some people think the young players should just be handed playing time instead of earning it. Debrusk, Senyshen, Studnicka and Vaak have no one to blame but themselves.

Reactions: Pierre-MIchel

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

I wouldn't put much stock into anything Kypreos and McLean say. Quite possibly the two worst analysts I've ever listened to especially Kypreos. Who are the two other high end hockey people?

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Sounds like it was an awesome game to watch last night. Makes me wish I live in Providence. I really hope Wolff becomes good enough to play for Boston. Would love to see that snarl on the back end.

Reactions: The National
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad