Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Are you saying those teams are rushing their prospects to the NHL?

Rushing? I wouldn't say that. Teams drafting in the top 15 consistently are more likely to have NHL ready talent soon after the draft however. Those are the teams ranked higher than the Bruins. The Bruins, and Washington, Pittsburgh, etc. have to find a different solution which means hoping a second tier prospect clicks the way a Marchand does for example.

There is a chance fortunately that a few of the recently drafted prospects just might do that.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Lauko Studnicka Lysell
Hughes Steen Fogarty
Blidh Hall Asselin
Tralmaks Filipe Voyer
McKinnon, Koppanen spares

Ahcan Lyle
Vaakanainen Didier
Wolff Lewington
Greenway spare, Berglund??

Keyser
Grosenick

There is the possibility 2 of Senyshyn, Wagner or Kuhlman are sent down, causing issues with my lineup...
Also in my scenario above I have Zboril and Moore the extra D in Boston, Debrusk in the lineup

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Lauko Studnicka Lysell
Hughes Steen Fogarty
Blidh Hall Asselin
Tralmaks Filipe Voyer

Ahcan Lyle
Vaakanainen Didier
Wolff Lewington

Keyser
Grosenick

There is the possibility 2 of Senyshyn, Wagner or Kuhlman are sent down, causing issues with my lineup...
Also in my scenario above I have Zboril and Moore the extra D in Boston, Debrusk in the lineup
You forgot about Froden.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Lauko Studnicka Lysell
Hughes Steen Fogarty
Blidh Hall Asselin
Tralmaks Filipe Voyer

Ahcan Lyle
Vaakanainen Didier
Wolff Lewington

Keyser
Grosenick

Lauko Studnicka Lysell
Hughes Steen Fogarty
Blidh Hall Asselin
Tralmaks Filipe Voyer

Ahcan Lyle
Vaakanainen Didier
Wolff Lewington

Keyser
Grosenick

You also forgot this guy who really wants to make a return. We'll see what happens.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
You also forgot this guy who really wants to make a return. We'll see what happens.

I wouldn't mind if the Bruins took a shot on him with a low salary two-way deal. As I understand it now, JFK was the one who pushed to turn pro and leave BU, not the Bruins pressuring him to do so. It clearly didn't work out for him, but he still has the talent that caused Sweeney to take him in the second round.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I wouldn't mind if the Bruins took a shot on him with a low salary two-way deal. As I understand it now, JFK was the one who pushed to turn pro and leave BU, not the Bruins pressuring him to do so. It clearly didn't work out for him, but he still has the talent that caused Sweeney to take him in the second round.

I can confirm that.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Lauko Studnicka Lysell
Hughes Steen Fogarty
Blidh Hall Asselin
Tralmaks Filipe Voyer

Ahcan Lyle
Vaakanainen Didier
Wolff Lewington

Keyser
Grosenick

BTW Eric, let me throw some math at you because I love math and I want to bore everyone, not just you in PM:

The difference between sending Wagner down over Kuhlman is $2,146,154 in banked cap space for trade deadline. Seems like a no brainer doesn't it?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
BTW Eric, let me throw some math at you because I love math and I want to bore everyone, not just you in PM:

The difference between sending Wagner down over Kuhlman is $2,146,154 in banked cap space for trade deadline. Seems like a no brainer doesn't it?

That will really tear Bruce up- having to choose between two of his binkies. Poor man.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
That will really tear Bruce up- having to choose between two of his binkies. Poor man.

Actually, many here won't believe this, but Cassidy wants no say in who is on the roster or not. Even callups, he leaves it to Sweeney and the Providence coaches and player personnel staff.

Oh, and Kuhlman is not a Cassidy binkie.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If JFK comes back? Does he need waivers? Also, P-Bruins will be the best team in the league at that point. I mean, come on:

Hughes — Studnicka — Fogarty
Lauko — JFK — Lysell (a couple Swedes?)
Asselin — Hall — Steen
Blidh — Filipe — Voyer
McKinnon/Koppanen

#Deeeeeeeep and not including any one of Kuhlman/Senyshyn/Wagner which would only create more depth.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Reminder: Forsbacka-Karlsson played two more games for the Boston Bruins after creeping away after witnessing this hit to Donato.

donato_face.gif

If it's my decision, he can play wherever he wants, as long as he's not wearing a Bruins jersey.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Take a shot with JFK. Why not. He’s older now and probably has a little fire under his butt.

Reactions: TCB

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Reminder: Forsbacka-Karlsson played two more games for the Boston Bruins after creeping away after witnessing this hit to Donato.

donato_face.gif

If it's my decision, he can play wherever he wants, as long as he's not wearing a Bruins jersey.

I don’t really have an opinion on him one way or the other, he’s a bland player that’s not going to provide toughness. Poor mans Heinen. But that hit isn’t that big of a deal to me. If they put him in providence then I won’t mind. If he’s anywhere near the Bruins we are f***ed though lol

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

donato_face.gif

-Couldn't agree more, JFK defines heartless. Get a third or a fourth and just move on. As much as I disliked Koko and Heinen on occasion they had some life in their games, JFK brings nothing and plays afraid.

Reactions: Gordoff

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
I can confirm that.

Curious what was the matter with him. Think I read that he wanted to go to europe for family reasons. He didnt really played well there and now he wants to go back after contract termination. Or did the team terminate his contract?

Dom, do you think there is a chance the Bruins sign him?

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany

donato_face.gif

?

That played a part in him leaving? NHL hockey is to rough for him? Trying to make sense out of this post.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Curious what was the matter with him. Think I read that he wanted to go to europe for family reasons. He didnt really played well there and now he wants to go back after contract termination. Or did the team terminate his contract?

Dom, do you think there is a chance the Bruins sign him?

All I know is that JFK wanted to turn pro but the Bruins wanted him to spend another year at BU. JFK won that round. Farjestads didn't terminate his contract, JFK did because if he wanted to return to North America, he had to do it by June 15th (IIHF standard out clause).

I'm assuming that the reason he did it was because he was ready to attempt to make a return. Whether there is interest on the Bruins part, well, I will leave it to @BruinsNetwork or @Saxon Eric, but there really is no rush to put pen to paper as they have more then enough contract spots open.

The problem as I see it is there are just too many bodies. As it stands now, there are probably half a dozen players that will be ticketed for Maine in the ECHL. I'm not sure Anthony and Eric will agree with that number, but it is that tight.

I can also see Beecher and Lohrei signing as soon as their college seasons are over and that's going to be a couple of more bodies, although I think both sign on with an ATO so as not to burn a year off of their ELC.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
All I know is that JFK wanted to turn pro but the Bruins wanted him to spend another year at BU. JFK won that round. Farjestads didn't terminate his contract, JFK did because if he wanted to return to North America, he had to do it by June 15th (IIHF standard out clause).

I'm assuming that the reason he did it was because he was ready to attempt to make a return. Whether there is interest on the Bruins part, well, I will leave it to @BruinsNetwork or @Saxon Eric, but there really is no rush to put pen to paper as they have more then enough contract spots open.

The problem as I see it is there are just too many bodies. As it stands now, there are probably half a dozen players that will be ticketed for Maine in the ECHL. I'm not sure Anthony and Eric will agree with that number, but it is that tight.

I can also see Beecher and Lohrei signing as soon as their college seasons are over and that's going to be a couple of more bodies, although I think both sign on with an ATO so as not to burn a year off of their ELC.

Thank you. Personally I am asking myself why did they qualify him if they are not interested in bringing him back. To get an asset for him when he blossoms in the SHL or to give him another chance when he sorts some things out? He is almost 25 years old, has already some NHL experience and has the IQ to play in the NHL. What I question is his commitment and the physicality to play in this league. At least from what he has shown the last time. Still I would give him an one year contract to prove himself. They used an second rounder for him and invested some time. Give it another try.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
?

That played a part in him leaving? NHL hockey is to rough for him? Trying to make sense out of this post.
Yes. NHL hockey is too rough for him. He is no where near talented enough to be as heartless as he is. I'm sure he is a nice kid and kind to pets and whatever but I don't want him on the Bruins, they are already soft. If the NHL is too tough the AHL will be well past his ability to handle physical play.

How Donato sat next to him after that play is beyond me. He plays afraid, I know I am critical about guys who aren't part Bobby Clarke, part Cam Neely and part Gordie Howe but JFK can't even handle the physical play in today's NHL.

He will have a tremendous career in the SHL.....wait I guess he won't after all......maybe meatball server at IKEA?

Too bad, that Spooner-Koko-JFK line was looking good for the German elite league.

Reactions: Gordoff

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
That's the same year they used first rounders on Zboril, Senyshyn and DeBrusk. What is one more bust from that draft?

They also got a top 4 defenseman in Carlo from that draft. Still dont care about draft positions from a six year old draft. How can you develop those players to get useful for your team is what interests me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad