Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XI - Providence Bruins to play abbreviated season in Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
My thoughts on it are well documented, it's no secret.

Contrary to the super fans... I don't believe he has what it takes to be a regular in the NHL. No hockey sense, not a scorer, not a play maker, we already have lots of those for less money that bring a lot more than what Senyshyn brings. A slow learner that doesn't have what it takes to be a Bruins.

He looked pretty good to me with his short stint in Boston. Im not giving up on this kid

Reactions: bbfan419

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
He looked pretty good to me with his short stint in Boston. Im not giving up on this kid
You're intitle to your opinion, it was a short stint, we all know in a situation like that the player will give everything he has.

I tend to see how the team handles it. Recall, who they recall, etc. We obviously have a huge whole in where Senyshyn would fit perfectly... if he had what it takes...

BruinsNetwork

He looks like he can be a better NHL player than an AHL player. Crazy as that sounds

It doesn’t.

Senyshyn is quite literally being told to work on specific aspects each game and he’s personally worried about details right now. His coach is worried about details. I’ve personally spoken with both him and his coach several times, as recently as a couple weeks ago. Senyshyn himself said he came here with no two-way game and finally has those elements to contribute to his team.

We’re all putting too much stock into the whole AHL production thing because both him and his coach quite literally aren’t worried. Is it fun to watch for the casual fan? Nope, but it’s been effective if you’ve pay close attention to the body of work and details. Senyshyn looked great in Boston and everything he’s been working on had translated well.

He needs another shot next to Coyle, IMO.

Reactions: BBruins and Estlin

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
My thoughts on it are well documented, it's no secret.

Contrary to the super fans... I don't believe he has what it takes to be a regular in the NHL. No hockey sense, not a scorer, not a play maker, we already have lots of those for less money that bring a lot more than what Senyshyn brings. A slow learner that doesn't have what it takes to be a Bruins.

I don't document your thoughts so just answer the question I'm asking.

Why do you think Boston won't qualify him?

It's not that difficult.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
It doesn’t.

Senyshyn is quite literally being told to work on specific aspects each game and he’s personally worried about details right now. His coach is worried about details. I’ve personally spoken with both him and his coach several times, as recently as a couple weeks ago. Senyshyn himself said he came here with no two-way game and finally has those elements to contribute to his team.

We’re all putting too much stock into the whole AHL production thing because both him and his coach quite literally aren’t worried. Is it fun to watch for the casual fan? Nope, but it’s been effective if you’ve pay close attention to the body of work and details. Senyshyn looked great in Boston and everything he’s been working on had translated well.

I'm all for that. I'm sure other organizations get it as well as far as development of these prospects. Bruins have become very good at it. That has unseen value to the average Joe

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That injury couldn’t have happened at a worse time. Senyshyn was playing like he belonged.

I would wager had that injury not occurred, we`d still be watching Seny with the big boys

Really too bad but as frustrated as I am when I zip to the PB`s thread and see his name buried on the 4th line I have to admit, when he was called up, all that work he and the coaching staff seem to be doing down there must have paid off because he looked not one bit over whelmed by playing in the NHL

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

I think that a third line of Bjork-Coyle-Senyshyn would be a very strong one and a hard matchup for opposing teams. With Coyle's terrific puck possession skills and Bjork's speed, playmaking and creativity, Senyshyn, with his speed and natural offensive talents, could be the designated shooter on that line.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I don't document your thoughts so just answer the question I'm asking.

Why do you think Boston won't qualify him?

It's not that difficult.
I did it's on the post you quote.
After 3 years in the AHL, very little progress, slow learner plus as lost his scoring touch. Doesn't have much else to offer. If they can't trade him for another prospect in same situation ala Knight. He has no value, I think they'll cut the cord and won't QO him.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I did it's on the post you quote.
After 3 years in the AHL, very little progress, slow learner plus as lost his scoring touch. Doesn't have much else to offer. If they can't trade him for another prospect in same situation ala Knight. He has no value, I think they'll cut the cord and won't QO him.

I don't see this happening. If they don't QO him, ill eat a hat and record it for everyone to watch.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I don't see this happening. If they don't QO him, ill eat a hat and record it for everyone to watch.
Make it a Mexican sombrero and I'll be impressed. :laugh:
big-hat1.jpg

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I’m not a fan of Senyshyn, but he will be given a QO. It’s very rare a guy doesn’t get one, and quite frankly if you don’t realize that at this point I don’t know what to say for you.
Like everyone else you're intitle to your opinion.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
A qualifying offer isn't a "let's take a guess" type contract. A qualifying offer is determined by his base salary and multipled by 105%.

So it would be a 1Y deal for 874,125k.

Zach Senyshyn Qualifying Offer Calculator Results - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
And...you would be ok with this? So it was a bad draft to begin with... and you would be ok to keep adding to that mistake, in order to maybe hope the project that was supposed to be a 2,3 maybe 4 years become a 6 years project?

I personally don't think he deserves any more resources dedicated to his development, he hasn't showed enough growth in those D5+ years.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
And...you would be ok with this? So it was a bad draft to begin with... and you would be ok to keep adding to that mistake, in order to maybe hope the project that was supposed to be a 2,3 maybe 4 years become a 6 years project?

I personally don't think he deserves any more resources dedicated to his development, he hasn't showed enough growth in those D5+ years.

Yeah. Why wouldn't I be? It's not my money. He's still young and developing. It's under 1M.

I really don't get the hate here for this prospect. Did he take your daughter out and not call or something? :laugh:

Reactions: Smitty93

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Yeah. Why wouldn't I be? It's not my money. He's still young and developing. It's under 1M.

I really don't get the hate here for this prospect. Did he take your daughter out and not call or something? :laugh:
Lol, I wish... so I could shake his head.
It's not about hate, or love, it's about asset management. It's business nothing personal. Its an investment, at some point that investment needs to keep it's value or bring some profit, if not, you need to invest in something else.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Lol, I wish... so I could shake his head.
It's not about hate, or love, it's about asset management. It's business nothing personal. Its an investment, at some point that investment needs to keep it's value or bring some profit, if not, you need to invest in something else.

It is an investment and not QO'ing him would be poor asset management. I know you're dead set on thinking he's a lost cause and not developing but that's not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad