Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XI - Providence Bruins to play abbreviated season in Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Who's been the biggest surprise thus far Brendan Woods.

Biggest disappointment Since we've piled on Senyshyn a lot, I'll say Vaak. He's been steady for most of the season, but I want to see more...everything...out of him.

Most improved from last year Koppanen 17 pts in 38 games, plus 10. Skating and overall play much improved.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Who's been the biggest surprise thus far Brendan Woods.

Biggest disappointment Since we've piled on Senyshyn a lot, I'll say Vaak. He's been steady for most of the season, but I want to see more...everything...out of him.

Most improved from last year Koppanen 17 pts in 38 games, plus 10. Skating and overall play much improved.

Good to see Koppanen getting some recognition. Hoping Hughes has recovered from his injury and begins his climb back up the depth charts.

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Who's been the biggest surprise thus far: I knew Jack Studnicka was a premier prospect. IMO he's been the biggest positive who has exceeded expectations and should be in Boston. Perhaps the biggest surprise still is goalie Daniel Vladar. I guess you could add Robert Lintousi
Biggest disappointment: Oskar Steen so far but he's been player better lately so hopefully he gets what it's like playing in North America and can become the player we hoped. The biggest disappointment include Peter Cehlarik who couldn't take the next step I think. Also disappointed in Jakub Lauko trouble staying healthy
Most improved from last year: Most players have improved none more than Daniel Vladar and Joona Koppanen. Trent Frederic has really improved too and Zach Senyshyn is a better player. Jakub Zboril is more consistent imo. Don't forget Jeremy Lauzon, finally injury free. Liked all year in Providence and now Boston. He's been very consistent and got his reward.

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Some more personal opion:
While some players have been big point producers other's haven't. This could be due to lack of or no power play time etc.

Jack Studnicka is the leading scorer and plays on the power play, but he's also a premier penalty killer and leads the AHL in shorthanded goals. He's a great skater and with high hockey IQ. An exceptional talent I'm sure the Bruins will hide from any trade.

Trent Frederic also has shown real good improvement in his skating and puck handling mostly. He's plays with authority and will fight for himself and teammates. The balance isn't always easy as he is target for other tough players. Think he's doing it well though and keep developing his skill game as well. Frederic kills penalties and plays on the power play. AHL leader in penalty minutes.

Zach Senyshyn I expected to have better numbers and he should. For some reason goals haven't been there for him despite great chances every game almost. Still impressed with his two way play and his play in the games for Boston. Doesn't get much time on the power play but when getting the chance he's shown he can do it. Sadly he's a target by some fans abuse and I wonder how much they have seen him play. Some takes are ridiculous.

Jeremy Lauzon top defensive player and allround defenseman. Very consistent all year and got rewarded with a new two year contract as well as now being a regular for the Boston Bruins. Impressed with Lauzon who keeps improving his game and is a precense on ice. Will do anything to help his team and teammates. I don't think he has been on the ice for more than one even strenght goal in the NHL this year and that was the first. Hope he will continue get regular game time for Boston the rest of the season.

The biggest disappointment for me are injuries to Bruins prospects that keep them out for an extended period. This year especially goalie Kyle Keyser and speedy forward Jakub Lauko has been out and keep them from developing their pro game. Zach Senyshyn was injured just when he got called up and played very well for Boston. I really wish them all the best in continuing their career.

BruinsNetwork

Who's been the biggest surprise thus far: I knew Jack Studnicka was a premier prospect. IMO he's been the biggest positive who has exceeded expectations and should be in Boston. Perhaps the biggest surprise still is goalie Daniel Vladar. I guess you could add Robert Lintousi
Biggest disappointment: Oskar Steen so far but he's been player better lately so hopefully he gets what it's like playing in North America and can become the player we hoped. The biggest disappointment include Peter Cehlarik who couldn't take the next step I think. Also disappointed in Jakub Lauko trouble staying healthy
Most improved from last year: Most players have improved none more than Daniel Vladar and Joona Koppanen. Trent Frederic has really improved too and Zach Senyshyn is a better player. Jakub Zboril is more consistent imo. Don't forget Jeremy Lauzon, finally injury free. Liked all year in Providence and now Boston. He's been very consistent and got his reward.

Agree with just about all of this except for Studnicka being a surprise, but that’s just because I do nothing all day except stream hockey and eat hot pockets.

Injuries have been unfortunate and it really does suck for Lauko and Keyser. They work hard, get extremely excited to play on a personal level and then just have brutal luck. I hope the best for the quick recoveries because they’re two great prospects in their own rights.

Steen is definitely the biggest disappointment for me, along with Vaakanainen. I think both have their reasons and explanations for it, but just having down years. It happens and I still have pretty high hopes for them.

Koppanen is someone I absolutely did not see coming. The points aren’t exactly telling because I think he’s cooled off and just got hot at the right time, but he’s made significant improvements to his all-around game. His skating is more refined and he gets around much easier. Still doesn't really have the puck-skills, especially relax wise, but genuinely improved in many areas.

Senyshyn is and always will be the whipping boy no matter what he does. I agree with you here and agree with your second post about him. If you watch closely there’s actually a significant improvement to his all-around game and strength from last year regardless of what the numbers say. Looked good in Boston, but just had a bad string of luck and got injured at the wrong time.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Who's been the biggest surprise thus far Woods and Lauzon
Biggest disappointment Vaak Expected more from Steen as well
Most improved from last year Frederic and Vlader

AM Bruin

The Early Worm
Feb 20, 2015
Out on a limb.
Ok, quick insight into my mind's insanity: Why are the Maple Leafs' colors not red and white!?

The current Canadian flag has only been in existence since 1965. Prior to this it was known as the Red Ensign. Typical of Commonwealth countries, the flag contained a representation of the Union Jack in a field of red.
So basically the colours of the flag were red, white and blue. Hence the Montreal Canadiens jersey.
Supposedly the choice of red for the current flag was a political one. The federal Liberal party was in power at the time and the party colour is, red...

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
To catch up
Gaunce from Senyshyn, good work from Senyshyn
Then it's tied
But Carey from Frederic
2-1 Providence

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
After 1
2-2
Providence loves to make it harder than it actually is